Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

:siren:Trade deadline:siren: is 3:00 AM EST, November 24th, this Friday! Get those Black Friday deals going now if you're going to make them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Someone paying actual moneys for Jordan Love was not something I expected. Well played, sir.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Someone paying actual moneys for Jordan Love was not something I expected. Well played, sir.

I already regret having to start him. Carr vs Love was not a debate I saw myself needing to have at this point of the season. NFL schedulers should all be fired.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
gently caress running backs!!!!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

2018: finished second place
2019: finished third place
2020: SCENE MISSING*
2021: first round bye. Bounced in 2nd round of playoffs.
2022: bounced in 1st round of playoffs.
2023: missed playoffs entirely

I literally get worse every. single. year.

*I'm not counting this year as it doesn't fit my narrative.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

On schedule to win the consolation bracket. That comes with beer!

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Mayo Man himself Will Levis COME ON DOWN

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
seconds late; sure hope he puts up more points than zeke (lol)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Thom and the Heads posted:

gently caress running backs!!!!

What a collapse! There will be a closed door, players-only meeting at the Yeast Mode facility today. Beat reporters are reporting that the sound of chairs being thrown could be heard coming from the locker room.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Thom and the Heads posted:

What a collapse! There will be a closed door, players-only meeting at the Yeast Mode facility today. Beat reporters are reporting that the sound of chairs being thrown could be heard coming from the locker room.

Pro-tip: You can avoid a late season collapse by collapsing in week 3 like I did!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Also

"Hmm, I'm passing by my bottle shop today, maybe I'll pick up a few things for beer league. Ooh, this is nice. Wait, did I get one of these already? Or this? I don't think so, better grab them*. Oh poo poo, they have that in stock? Hmmm, maybe I should send out one of these this year. Oh hey, I always send out a bottle of this... though maybe I should try to vary it a bit going forward. Nah, I'll get one."

I'm an idiot who blows a hole in my beer budget every year. The plus side is I always end up buying more than I can physically ship so whatever is leftover, I keeps. :cheers:

*I had already bought both of them and now I guess I'm keeping one of each.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright, I meant to add Patrick Taylor to my 20-team league team and hosed up and did it in this league instead. I revised that and it now occurs to me this is probably the kind of thing that shouldn't be done without approval. I'm willing to just live with the mistake if the consensus is "no, you did something stupid, deal with it."

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

Alright, I meant to add Patrick Taylor to my 20-team league team and hosed up and did it in this league instead. I revised that and it now occurs to me this is probably the kind of thing that shouldn't be done without approval. I'm willing to just live with the mistake if the consensus is "no, you did something stupid, deal with it."

I think it's acceptable to reverse mistakes when they happen.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Nah, that's fine IMO. It was like 4 minutes apart. If it's like the next day or something, then that's sketchy.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Just say you were drunk!

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Quiet Feet posted:

Doesn't bother me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Alright, I'll leave it for now.

Fwiw, I also drafted Eric Gray over Jerome Ford in dynasty this year because I thought Gray was the Browns backup RB and didn't check before clicking. I am not a smart man. :shepface:

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Just say you were drunk!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Goff putting up his best game of the year on my bench. :sigh:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Gofftoberfest indeed :colbert:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

no tyreek. gently caress.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I survived Hurts' infectious disease scare and Dak's absolute turd of a game! 😀

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Update: current hi score box holder is Consolation Prize after putting up 154.66 in week 13.

Only thought to check because I realized if I'd just left Goff in I would have had 155.62 and taken the box. Second time I've benched him and it's bitten me in the rear end. :argh:

E: looks like it wouldn't have mattered!

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 18, 2023

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

I think my 161.1 in week 5 (against Consolation) still holds the title for now. Thanks DJ Moore!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Worthleast posted:

I think my 161.1 in week 5 (against Consolation) still holds the title for now. Thanks DJ Moore!

Yup! Serves me right for only doing a quick scan.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

out with a whimper

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Not looking good for the good guys.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

GG. I feel like last year's Vikings: the run of luck had to come to an end.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren: It's Championship Time! :siren:

Zam's Blasting Tapes and Ayudo's Gose the Distance face off in the title game and are both guaranteed to win a quantity of beer. If you guys have any general preferences it wouldn't be a bad idea to state them now. This is Zam's 4th title game appearance in 6 years, after a two-year drought. Is he primed for another three-peat? No offense but god, I hope not.

In the 3rd-place game, fighting it out for two boxes of beer are Coronaball's Pliny the Younghoe Koo and Worthleast's Seven-Round Mock Draught. A bitter conclusion to Mock Draught's incredible year, but he still has an opportunity to come away with something to show for it. And as last year's champ he might even have a few drops left from 2022!

Meanwhile, despite a hell of a tough year, my own awful team, Gofftoberfest's, has banged out two wins in the consolation bracket and has a shot to come away with a box if it can beat fellow Ale division team and last year's bronze medalist Veritek and his squad, Saison Barley.

Double checked and Seven-Round Mock Draught is still in possession of the high score box with, so even if the 3rd place game doesn't go his way, he'll still have this to hang his hat on.

If you're new to the league this year or have moved since last year, please let me know the state/general region you're in so I'll know for shipping assignments.

Good luck to everyone! :cheers:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I guess the 3rd place match isn't a bad fate for a team that spent half its auction budget on Chubb and Pollard. But what a disgusting performance by my team. Literally no one except Hurts did poo poo.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

If you're new to the league this year or have moved since last year, please let me know the state/general region you're in so I'll know for shipping assignments.

PA

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

:toot:

Good luck everyone!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Fer the last time I ain't yer dang PA! :argh:

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Excited to be competing for something, at least. I've had a weird season off the field, so to speak, so sorry for being a little bit checked out, but this league is one of my favorites.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Goon Beer League 2023 results!

2023 Champion Ayudo/Gose the Distance! (5 boxes)

Silver medalist Zam/Blasting Tapes! (3 boxes)

3rd-place Worthleast/Seven Round Mock Draught! (2 boxes)

The "Eh, Close Enough" consolation trophy winner is Quiet Feet/Gofftoberfest! (1 box) :toot:

The "Dismember the Corpse and Send his Widow a Corsage" High Score Trophy also goes to Worthleast/Seven Round Mock Draught for his week 5, 161-point thrashing of SouthShoreSamurai/Consolation Prize! This earned Worthleast one more box for a total of three!

I'll have shipping assignments posted at some point within the next 72 hours. Congrats to all winners but also thank you to everyone who played this year, and Happy New Year to all! :cheersbird:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 2, 2024

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

:toot:

Happy New Year and congratulations! This is the best league.

I owe at least a beer to DJ Moore for exceeding expectations as my WR1.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

not last place, hooray!

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

Goon Beer League 2023 results!

2022 Champion Ayudo/Gose the Distance! (5 boxes)

We did it! And, my first year finishing in the money in this league!

My sincerest gratitude to Rachaad White, Kyren Williams, and Rashee Rice who all turned out to be the biggest value picks in the draft and waiver wire. Wish I had snared them in my other league.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Congrats Ayudo and all beer winners! One of life's (or fantasy football's) great joys is when a box of beer shows up on your doorstep. Savor it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Grats all! It was a fun year. Led the league in points most of the year, so a little disappointing to get shut out at the end.

I'm in MA.