Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
one of my favorite leagues every season

I, veritek83, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Saison Barley (subject to change, if inspiration strikes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Quiet Feet posted:

All I'm gonna say is that the one year where I didn't drink was also the only year I didn't make the playoffs.

Anyone got any opinions on intermissions during the draft? Last year was the first time we tried it and I did two but now I'm thinking one was probably enough.

One seems like a good idea.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Okay, draft Doodle has been made. I've sharply limited the options this year because A: we've never voted for a slot earlier than 8:00 PM EST and B: Doodle now makes you sign up and pay if you want to have more than 20 options.

If you're new here, click the following link to vote for your draft date! Note that while I've listed the time as 8-11, this has never taken us an entire 3 hours.

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/e7XV0gQa

E: Jesus Christ I can't even edit my own votes anymore without a "Pro" account. That's some serious bullshit. :psyberger:

not sure if it'll be a problem to edit, but you've got 8AM-11AM here, as opposed to PM

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

just checking in on where we stand re: scheduling the draft

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Nice. You just roll into your local UPS store and drop off a (properly packaged) case of beer?

pretty much- they may ask you what's in there, I've always threaded the needle(and assuaged my rule-following, lapsed Catholic conscience) by saying "home-brewing equipment"

Packaging can definitely be tricky, I think three years ago I had to re-ship a box after a leak in transit. Happily there are a lot of resources on how best to do it, including the institutional memory of this league.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

32 oz crowlers (big cans) are ideal for beer shipping. 16 and 12 oz are also good.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

"Home brewing equipment"

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Oh no, could the Goon Beer League draft really be in about 2 and a half hours, at 8:00 EST tonight!?

:eek:

I really hope so, otherwise I've started drinking at 5 o'clock on a Sunday for no reason.

Ok, so like, a normal Sunday evening, but still...

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

love beef on weck, that looks great, much better than Josh Allen's stat line, and much, much, much better than Joe Burrow's

also, regarding Aaron Rodgers, lol. lmao, even.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Excited to be competing for something, at least. I've had a weird season off the field, so to speak, so sorry for being a little bit checked out, but this league is one of my favorites.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

about half of the beers acquired, but I want to wait to ship until middle of next week to avoid some low temps/ugly weather that supposed to be coming through

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

funkybottoms posted:

it's an iconic rva beer, so i think i've included it in every ff box i've sent out (along with legend brown). happy to mule or trade for shelf stuff; i think the ba version is still kicking around

I've definitely sent it before, more than once.

My box to Worthleast is going to FedEx tomorrow

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Shipped to Worthleast, and tracking number sent. Should arrive by Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Enjoy! I cracked my personal crowler of the Ardent Earl Grey Brown tonight and it's treating me very well.