Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
This sounds like the kind of league made for me. :cheers:

If you still have an opening, I'll join. I'm good at beer and bad at fantasy football.

My team name in other leagues has often been I Like Beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Heading out the door right now but I'll send you an invite this afternoon. Welcome!

I'm literally packing the car to go camping for the rest of the week, so if I don't respond soon it's because I'm in a tent on a mountainside. With beer.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have experience shipping alcohol out of Massachusetts? It's technically illegal here, so haven't done it.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Fellow Masshole here. Been in the league for five years and never had any issues with it.

Nice. You just roll into your local UPS store and drop off a (properly packaged) case of beer?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

funkybottoms posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3443315

i highly recommend bundling everything up inside a garbage bag, sealing it, and then placing that inside the box. and, yeah, never say that it's beer; say it's food or something

Super helpful, thanks.

Is there anything against shipping cans? Seems like it would be easier/safer, and most places around here use the 16oz cans for most beers.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

What's everybody got on tap for tonight?

Greylock Greater Good.

Though only a couple before switching to something else. That 12% ABV comes on strong.

(The something else will likely be an 87, from Night Shift.)

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Wife is from western NY, so to celebrate the Bills first game tonight I tried my hand making the Buffalo classic "beef on weck." Since you can't easily go out and buy kummelweck rolls around here, these are an improvisation. Traditionally the sandwich is topped with horseradish sauce and jus, but we opted for just the latter. The beef itself came out super tasty, but my difficulty slicing it thin made for a hearty chew. Paired with a cold Labatt Blue, of course.

Enjoy the game!

:drat: that looks amazing. Would eat, lfg!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Haha I appreciate it. I’m also a big dummy (and ESPN noob) who picked up Brock for tonight and then didn’t save my lineup once I slotted him in. Truly a learning through failure experience so far lmao

Having a ball tho, and it’s a long season!

I am also a big dummy and took Moss out of my lineup. I don't remember doing it, and hoo boy did it cost me.

That said, I really don't feel that bad about my team. Weird to say for the last place winless team to say, but I really don't.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

funkybottoms posted:

up by 12, my higgins to batb's kicker; how could i lose?

Ha, he did me dirty last week. That Pittsburgh scoop and score with a few minutes left in the MNF game won it for him.

He's gods-kissed!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
If it makes you feel any better, I did exactly that last week with Zack Moss and the difference did cost me the game. Watched the whole Colts game feeling great, lol. :doh:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Ale division is pretty fuckin' feisty.

Also, of course after I go and post the league high score it gets broken by two teams. Consolation Prize currently holds the crown with a 149.1 bomb delivered to Tyreek Chill Haze last week. Week 4 was all haves vs have nots. The smallest deficit in any match was still 25 points.

Yeah, I could use it this week. Tyreek Chill only got 65 last week. Seven Round Mock just dropped 45 on me from one player. :cry:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Consolation Prize and Mock Draught match shaping up like a kaiju battle.

I'm honestly glad that Kittle went off and he won by 30 pts. I was staring at Moss on my bench over Najee just thinking "not again..."

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Not bad! It’s a lower abv so doesn’t have that boozy element stouts can have. I love their ipa “Lunch.” Really want to make it up to their location one day but it’d be a hike!

It's pretty small and lowkey. They were playing cornhole on the brewing floor lol.

I've tried 4-5 of their beers and find them pretty average to less than. Lunch is the exception. That's a good beer.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Last place with 2nd most pts for and most pts against is such a fantasy cliche.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
You have CMC and Davante. They could put up 80 by themselves...

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
This week I take over the lead in Points For... and drop to 3-5 on the year.

I need to break up Kupp and Nacua. Feel free to send any offers including one of them.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Thought I may finally be turning the corner. Woof.

P sure I need to run the table to sniff the playoffs now.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Still looking to move Kupp or Nacua.

Stafford should be back this week.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Pleasure doin' business with ya, sir. :tipshat:

The rare trade where I think it made both teams better. Though I may have just filled the only hole on your team and created a juggernaut lol. :ninja:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Worthleast posted:

Did you have to do that the week I play him?

Kamara is on bye this week, too. I was afraid if Kupp had another bad week (or Stafford got hurt *yet again*) then they wouldn't take the deal.

Ayudo posted:

The swap really helps in the face of Amari Cooper taking a QB downgrade too.

I have Cooper in a dynasty league. I have learned to never count on him. He could get 20 pts, or he could get 2.0 pts. That Cleveland offense is truly wretched, even with Watson running the helm.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

funkybottoms posted:

oh, so watson is back?

:iceburn:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Someone paying actual moneys for Jordan Love was not something I expected. Well played, sir.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Just say you were drunk!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Grats all! It was a fun year. Led the league in points most of the year, so a little disappointing to get shut out at the end.

I'm in MA.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Can't believe you didn't just have us meet in Boston or something to exchange (and drink) a box. :cheersdoge:

Thanks for running it, was a good year all.

Worthleast shoot me a DM on your preferences.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
If you haven't had tequila flights at a niche Mexican restaurant in Somerville, then are you even truly alive?

I'm up by the NH border now. Less micro-breweries in walking distance, but a lot more land to burn things in a pit whilst drinking. :banjo:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I have the stock, but it's going to be below freezing here for the next couple weeks. I know that sometimes Fedex/UPS cans sit on the tarmacs for decent amounts of time, so I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

I'm also trying to get a couple of the PCMs and cold-chain boxes I used to use at my old job. Those would go a long way towards ensuring the beer doesn't freeze.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Zam posted:

First box arrived! from Worthleast!

Huge assortment of local beers from Kansas City - and all new to me! Looking forward to trying everything! Thank you!

That's awesome.

The cold snap here ends Monday, so that's when mine will go out.

Is it possible for people to take a picture of their boxing before it goes out, just so I could see how you packed it? I'm a nervous babby and ordered a box specifically for this, but it was kinda expensive.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
My box to Worthleast is on its way and should be delivered this week. To a... *checks notes*... church. o.O

In other news, between the beer, boxes, and shipping, this is now considered my BML lol. :beerpal:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I just realized that Worthleast is the one that took over my high score of the year, by beating me with that score. And then I had to send him a box of beer for it.

Well played, commish. Well played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I love this league. I really need to up my game.

(Fantasy AND beer knowledge!)