Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i, funkybottoms, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: ice cold coorsdarelle (for now)

oh, new guys, it's also highly encouraged that you get trashed during the draft

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i will be out of town for a wedding on august 12, so that's the one absolute hard no for me

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3443315

i highly recommend bundling everything up inside a garbage bag, sealing it, and then placing that inside the box. and, yeah, never say that it's beer; say it's food or something

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

yeah, cans are ideal for shipping, but they weren't nearly as common when that post was made. if you go the all-can route, there are specific shippers for that

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

we lie and, yes, international shipping of alcohol is just way too risky

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Trip report: I dipped into some beers I did not realize were 9.8%, got drunk, botched several entire positions and then fell asleep on my office floor with the light on. 10/10

i'm proud of you if that means anything

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

up by 12, my higgins to batb's kicker; how could i lose?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

went out after work on thursday, had some beers with homies, got home feeling great... and then realized that i had left montgomery- whom i'd fully intended to start- on the bench. silver lining is that i lost badly enough that the 32 point difference between him and allgeier just didn't matter.

god, all my teams suck this year. thanks, cincinnati!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

i'm tanking so i get first pick next season

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

ngl this season is not sparking joy for me

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

aaand i forgot to up my placeholder bids last night. ugh.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Ayudo posted:

The swap really helps in the face of Amari Cooper taking a QB downgrade too.

oh, so watson is back?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

seconds late; sure hope he puts up more points than zeke (lol)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

no tyreek. gently caress.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

out with a whimper

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

not last place, hooray!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

thanks again for running things!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Veritek83 posted:

about half of the beers acquired, but I want to wait to ship until middle of next week to avoid some low temps/ugly weather that supposed to be coming through

same. picked up a few things that actually turned out to be Not Good, so i've gotta hit up some spots this weekend

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Ayudo posted:

A very impressive selection of beers from funkybottoms:

The wife and I are definitely looking forward to breaking into the 750ml farmhouse cider and saison.

potter's is fantastic and i generally try to include something from them in these boxes; doesn't hurt that it serms to make the significant others happy, too. the label on the veil beer is impossible to read, so that's a delicious cherry mixed-fermentation collab with fonta flora. try not to spam my own stuff, but the dunkel is one of my favorites, and i have no idea what i didn't send instead of a second legend brown, which is the iconic richmond beer. cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

It was like I've seen that Hardywood gingerbread stout before but now I'm wondering if it was just in a previous year's picture from this league. I'd love to try that.

it's an iconic rva beer, so i think i've included it in every ff box i've sent out (along with legend brown). happy to mule or trade for shelf stuff; i think the ba version is still kicking around