Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its a mix, the humor is brandons, the character drama and designs and part of the heart is hers.

https://twitter.com/redthespian1/status/1776297464670093333

also i laughed.

Has Twitter always hated Viz and her work? I use Twitter as little as possible due to it being a broken septic tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Has Twitter always hated Viz and her work? I use Twitter as little as possible due to it being a broken septic tank.

At least since Hazbin came out, not sure how much pushback there was on HB since it’s a YouTube exclusive webseries

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lammasu posted:

The hate has been there for years yes.

It grew some after Hazbin Hotel pilot became a hit.

It grew much more once it was known it was going to be aired.

Between that and the actually launch a whole lot of poo poo got thrown around.

It's mostly people on the right hating the whole concept of Hazbin Hotel. So they tried to dig up everything and anything they could, made up bullshit and the like. None of it was true so none of it stuck, but they try.

Oddly enough Helluva Boss seems to get ignored more often than not by these people.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As I said above, it might be that HB is just a little less in the public eye by virtue of being a free webseries

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That's likely the case yes.

It should also be mentioned quite a bit of hate she gets from some is due to her being successful. People are jealous and they tend to be rather petty.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Last Call posted:

The hate has been there for years yes.

It grew some after Hazbin Hotel pilot became a hit.

It grew much more once it was known it was going to be aired.

Between that and the actually launch a whole lot of poo poo got thrown around.

It's mostly people on the right hating the whole concept of Hazbin Hotel. So they tried to dig up everything and anything they could, made up bullshit and the like. None of it was true so none of it stuck, but they try.

Oddly enough Helluva Boss seems to get ignored more often than not by these people.

i see more weird puriteens hating on helluva boss and hazbin from "problamatic elements" then chuds. some trad freaks care but no one else.
mostly its like 15 year olds scouring her old content and other poo poo for loving ANYTHING.
https://twitter.com/clockfaux/status/1775719562232668562
https://twitter.com/clockfaux/status/1775988880669311336
https://twitter.com/clockfaux/status/1775743605618942198
https://twitter.com/LAmourAtelier/status/1748803098729193601
https://twitter.com/LAmourAtelier/status/1748803129406280178
like cool the kids today are woker then we were but lol this shits weird and dumb. I have also seen people call her a zionist because she ate at a mcdonalds in japan. Basicaly Viv is the ultimate monster and is probably guilty of whatever bigotries and wrong thing you hate. like i am sure viv has issures and poo poo but lol.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 5, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
See, I look at all that and laugh.

It's pathetic.

It's sad even.

Imagine having to invest your time into hating someone that much when you don't even have a connection with them.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

See, I look at all that and laugh.

It's pathetic.

It's sad even.

Imagine having to invest your time into hating someone that much when you don't even have a connection with them.

I saw her called a zionist warlord for having Hazbin Hotel on Amazon and a female misogynist for pretty much everything Helluva boss. Also they've pivoted to the Rosie antisemitic thing because the Mimzy one fizzled out. Weirdly it's young gen Z people who harass her the hardest and not the right wingers. The worst is this dude called Chaifootsteps who does it purely because he doesn't like Stolitz anymore. Like that's his main reason for attempting to torpedo anything she does. Yeah.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean that, that, is your “performative wokeness” right there

Too-online kids with barely any grasp on social nuance or history but with an idea of what kind of callouts tend to bear fruit, seeing a big target and thinking they could bag a whopper. And as often as not only because of some imagined slight like “their show that they’re way too into and tied up their own identity with did something they weren’t ready for”

It does happen I guess. And it poisons the well for when actual rapists and racists need to get exposed by people who have been genuinely hurt

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

I saw her called a zionist warlord for having Hazbin Hotel on Amazon and a female misogynist for pretty much everything Helluva boss. Also they've pivoted to the Rosie antisemitic thing because the Mimzy one fizzled out. Weirdly it's young gen Z people who harass her the hardest and not the right wingers. The worst is this dude called Chaifootsteps who does it purely because he doesn't like Stolitz anymore. Like that's his main reason for attempting to torpedo anything she does. Yeah.

yeah, chuds dont give a poo poo. its not realated to the 80s monoculture nostalgia sphere so they ignore it outside some trad weirdos who turn it off after the intro. yeah. i dont get that weird level of hate. like i see alot of people trying to poo poo on her stuff now from the perspective of smiling friends being better and the creators not being problematic. which. 1. two different types of shows. 2. the creators love each others work. 3. lol if you never heard any of zacks jokes or old flash cartoons because he is way way way grosser then viv ever was. also smiling friends is also good.

also i think half the reason this poo poo happens is because god is dead. like zoomers and milenial put whatever parts of the brain that get wraped around religious zealotry but because alot of religion is on the decline in the US, they just dump it toward fandoms and shipping.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Data Graham posted:

I mean that, that, is your “performative wokeness” right there

Too-online kids with barely any grasp on social nuance or history but with an idea of what kind of callouts tend to bear fruit, seeing a big target and thinking they could bag a whopper. And as often as not only because of some imagined slight like “their show that they’re way too into and tied up their own identity with did something they weren’t ready for”

It does happen I guess. And it poisons the well for when actual rapists and racists need to get exposed by people who have been genuinely hurt

yeah. i think alot of it, some people just go "bitch eating crackers" about someone and then can't let it go. so they keep finding ANYTHING to prove they are evil. like you can just not like the show. thats fine and valid even if i dont agree. but like i dont think viv is steepling her fingers and deciding to do a bigotry.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's a lot of hate directed at her art style which is eye rolling (especially to someone like me who has drawn plenty of fanart now of both shows, and guys, the art style is just fun to draw. That whole twitter threat going over why Vivziepop's style is so fun to animate makes complete sense. Her style and character design is extremely fun to draw). There's a lot of hate directed at poo poo she did or said when she was like 14 and it's pretty pathetic. Then you have the people that pretend to care about how the animators which is funny. The outrage that came out over Bee was pretty wild, because you had people being like OMG THOSE POOR ANIMATORS I can't believe Viv works them to the bone with such a complicated design!!! Except you had basically every single animator that worked on the Bee episode coming out and saying what a joy it was to work on her, as well as the FX people coming out and showing how the tail and stomach were streamlined as a separate asset, SPECIFICALLY to make it easier for the animators.

The other bit of hate though comes from these leaked discord messages where it seems like she's making GBS threads on her former friend and employee and it's interesting how people view it as something against Viv, because quite frankly all I see is what seems like two people that were friends, they worked together and then had a falling out and the haters make this into a way bigger thing than it needs to be. There's a couple situations where you'll get some people saying how lovely viv is and how much working for her sucks, but I can't help but feel it always ends up feeling like a disgruntled employee that didn't get their way, since ya know, it is Viv's company, and that's a nothing issue that haters snowball into big huge ridiculous drama. I think a lot of drama ends up persisting because so many people that work on Helluva Boss and Hazbin, also work on all these other indie shows. Most of them don't make a public issue out of it, but I gotta say, the Lackadaisy handling of the Viv stuff really put a bad taste in my mouth both for the show and for Tracy Butler herself. There's a lot of hate that comes from like 17 year olds so it's like whatever, but the Lackadaisy stuff was a real bummer that just made me come away from it not wanting to bother with Lackadaisy stuff anymore.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, chuds dont give a poo poo. its not realated to the 80s monoculture nostalgia sphere so they ignore it outside some trad weirdos who turn it off after the intro. yeah. i dont get that weird level of hate. like i see alot of people trying to poo poo on her stuff now from the perspective of smiling friends being better and the creators not being problematic. which. 1. two different types of shows. 2. the creators love each others work. 3. lol if you never heard any of zacks jokes or old flash cartoons because he is way way way grosser then viv ever was. also smiling friends is also good.

also i think half the reason this poo poo happens is because god is dead. like zoomers and milenial put whatever parts of the brain that get wraped around religious zealotry but because alot of religion is on the decline in the US, they just dump it toward fandoms and shipping.

Recently saw the hate squad try to be like "this show sucks (Hazbin) and this show is THE GOAT (Smiling Friends)" and it's like dog Viv literally has had both Zach and Michael on Helluva Boss, and Michael literally voices MAMMON. Why are you trying to pit these two against each other when they're friends?!

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 5, 2024

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

There's a lot of hate directed at her art style which is eye rolling (especially to someone like me who has drawn plenty of fanart now of both shows, and guys, the art style is just fun to draw. That whole twitter threat going over why Vivziepop's style is so fun to animate makes complete sense. Her style and character design is extremely fun to draw). There's a lot of hate directed at poo poo she did or said when she was like 14 and it's pretty pathetic. Then you have the people that pretend to care about how the animators which is funny. The outrage that came out over Bee was pretty wild, because you had people being like OMG THOSE POOR ANIMATORS I can't believe Viv works them to the bone with such a complicated design!!! Except you had basically every single animator that worked on the Bee episode coming out and saying what a joy it was to work on her, as well as the FX people coming out and showing how the tail and stomach were streamlined as a separate asset, SPECIFICALLY to make it easier for the animators.

The other bit of hate though comes from these leaked discord messages where it seems like she's making GBS threads on her former friend and employee and it's interesting how people view it as something against Viv, because quite frankly all I see is what seems like two people that were friends, they worked together and then had a falling out and the haters make this into a way bigger thing than it needs to be. There's a couple situations where you'll get some people saying how lovely viv is and how much working for her sucks, but I can't help but feel it always ends up feeling like a disgruntled employee that didn't get their way, since ya know, it is Viv's company, and that's a nothing issue that haters snowball into big huge ridiculous drama. I think a lot of drama ends up persisting because so many people that work on Helluva Boss and Hazbin, also work on all these other indie shows. Most of them don't make a public issue out of it, but I gotta say, the Lackadaisy handling of the Viv stuff really put a bad taste in my mouth both for the show and for Tracy Butler herself. There's a lot of hate that comes from like 17 year olds so it's like whatever, but the Lackadaisy stuff was a real bummer that just made me come away from it not wanting to bother with Lackadaisy stuff anymore.

Recently saw the hate squad try to be like "this show sucks (Hazbin) and this show is THE GOAT (Smiling Friends)" and it's like dog Viv literally has had both Zach and Michael on Helluva Boss, and Michael literally voices MAMMON. Why are you trying to pit these two against each other when they're friends?!

They do the same with Gooseworx although now people are dogpiling on her for The Amazing Digital Circus so now she gets her share of the fun. There was a former story boarder I had sympathy for until he starting posting such batshit takes I kind of began to understand why he was let go. I.E. he felt like the entire character of Arick *Fizz's demented fan* was a personal dig at him and continuously raged about it. However that character was written in ages before they even came into the picture. The constant sneering and passive aggressive posting kind made me realize he wasn't a peach himself.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I swear Liam Vickers, the guy behind Murder Drones at Glitch is the only creator I haven't heard drama of.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Flopsy posted:

They do the same with Gooseworx although now people are dogpiling on her for The Amazing Digital Circus so now she gets her share of the fun. There was a former story boarder I had sympathy for until he starting posting such batshit takes I kind of began to understand why he was let go. I.E. he felt like the entire character of Arick *Fizz's demented fan* was a personal dig at him and continuously raged about it. However that character was written in ages before they even came into the picture. The constant sneering and passive aggressive posting kind made me realize he wasn't a peach himself.

I mean it’s just Syndrome lol

But drat that’s on the nose

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Fun little detail in Helluva boss, if you ever noticed some imps that looked a bit more dressed up or have a certain look it might be due to them being the staff's own self insert impsonas.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Data Graham posted:

I mean it’s just Syndrome lol

But drat that’s on the nose

No joke there was a wave of backlash over that episode and Arick because a bunch of folks thought that was Viv personally calling them out. Absolutely blind to the implication this was the character they personally identified with right off the bat. Like you look at this obvious loony bird and think "Ah yes, it's me."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Flopsy posted:

No joke there was a wave of backlash over that episode and Arick because a bunch of folks thought that was Viv personally calling them out. Absolutely blind to the implication this was the character they personally identified with right off the bat. Like you look at this obvious loony bird and think "Ah yes, it's me."

Yeah, like that’s not a thing you want to see in yourself.

Macaluso posted:

Genuine bet. Viv is probably in a smiling friends episode at some point. She posts about how much she loves the loving show. I assume she will be a guest at some point.
Also what even was the lackadaisy drama even. I thought the pilot was pretty good and gave some money to the backer kit.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Has Viv done any voice acting for that matter (either on her own shows or elsewhere)?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Larryb posted:

Has Viv done any voice acting for that matter (either on her own shows or elsewhere)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yv1TXXKFmY Yeah

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Larryb posted:

Best example is the Helluva Boss episode with the Cherubs. She plays the yellow sheep cherub girl and later plays the boss deer one.

She said the whole "Yeah, no no, noooo" bit is supposedly a thing she some times does at work.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, more than I thought (surprised she didn't do a bit part on Hazbin too but there's still time)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Does Mike Huckabee know about these shows?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Last Call posted:

Best example is the Helluva Boss episode with the Cherubs. She plays the yellow sheep cherub girl and later plays the boss deer one.

She said the whole "Yeah, no no, noooo" bit is supposedly a thing she some times does at work.

Lol that bit was great. Minnesota nice is hell dressed up as heaven

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lammasu posted:

Does Mike Huckabee know about these shows?

I'm firmly of the opinion anything and everything a GOP member would rail against is in a spank bank folder on their computer labeled "family photos".

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

The Last Call posted:

I swear Liam Vickers, the guy behind Murder Drones at Glitch is the only creator I haven't heard drama of.

He mains Pichu in Smash bros, and therefor must be a menace.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Has their ever been any talk of a video game?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For Hazbin or Helluva?

Nothing. What kind of genre would even work with it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Last Call posted:

For Hazbin or Helluva?

I think it would work better with Helluva. It could be something simple like a side scrolling shooter. It would be super funny if Outright gets the license and makes a game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Last Call posted:

For Hazbin or Helluva?

GTA style Helluva game where you take on various missions maybe?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The HH game is just a skin on Solium Infernum where you play an overlord.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Hazbin as a side scrolling beat-em-up, ala TMNT or the Simpsons or the first Avengers game, would completely work

charlie, vaggie, angel, and husk as playable characters, the rest as summons/cameos

keith david MUST voice husk for the game

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
A River City GIrls style Beat em up with Charlie and Vaggie sounds adorable.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lammasu posted:

A River City GIrls style Beat em up with Charlie and Vaggie sounds adorable.

The whole DHORKS sequence basically felt like a bloody beat em up. Heh, like The Simpsons arcade. Even got two short characters and two tall ones, and various combo moves.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Vampire Panties posted:

Hazbin as a side scrolling beat-em-up, ala TMNT or the Simpsons or the first Avengers game, would completely work

charlie, vaggie, angel, and husk as playable characters, the rest as summons/cameos

keith david MUST voice husk for the game

honestly i feel like either hazbin or helluva could be fun side scrollers.

Angry Tiny Man
Feb 26, 2007

I think either one would fit pretty well as a Yakuza/Like A Dragon styled action-adventure game.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Someone made up this if it was a game:

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I feel like Skullgirls could crossover with HH/HB pretty easily style-wise. Maybe a guest character?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

skullgirls crossover but it's just Mimzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Given that its an Amazon Prime show, the closest we'll get to a Hellaverse game is Charlie as a guest kharacter in Mortal Kombat 1, same as Omni-Man and Homelander.