Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Technowolf posted:

Given that its an Amazon Prime show, the closest we'll get to a Hellaverse game is Charlie as a guest kharacter in Mortal Kombat 1, same as Omni-Man and Homelander.
If they have announcer voice packs, getting one for Alastor would probably move units

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Current view count leaderboard on Spotify, as of 14 April 2024:

"Poison" - 87 million views (rounding up)
"Loser, Baby" - 71.5 million views
"Hell's Greatest Dad" - 58 million views (rounding up)
"Stayed Gone" - 57 million views (rounding up)
"Hell Is Forever" - 47.5 million views
"Respectless" - 46.3 million views
"Out For Love" - 44.1 million views
"You Didn't Know" - 42.5 million views
"More Than Anything" - 32.5 million views
"Finale" - 24.7 million views (rounding up)
"Ready For This" - 20.7 million views (rounding up)
"Whatever It Takes" - 18.5 million views
"Happy Day In Hell" - 18.2 million views
"It Starts With Sorry" - 15.7 million views
"Welcome To Heaven" - 13.6 million views
"More Than Anything (Reprise)" - 13 million views

Comparison with YouTube, as of 14 April 2024 (Prime Video official account):

"Hell's Greatest Dad" - 41 million views
"Respectless" - 29 million views
"Loser, Baby" - 28 million views
"Hell Is Forever" - 26 million views
"Poison" - 19 million views
"More Than Anything" - 16 million views
"The Show Must Go On" ("Finale") - 9.8 million views
"Ready For This" - 9.6 million views
"Charlie Goes To Court" ("You Didn't Know") - 8.7 million views
"Lucifer Morningstar Fights Adam" - 7.3 million views

Little fact about Welcome to Heaven, the VA of Saint Peter was told he had to dial back some of his singing.

It was starting to sound a little too....erotic.

Hey remember when I mentioned Hell's Greatest Dad Sing-Along was soon to be passing The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Teaser Trailer for most popular video on Prime video of all time? As seen above it's since hit 41 million views. The Lords of the Ring that was number one is still back at 31 million when first mentioned. The next three most popular videoes? Respectless Sing-Along at 29 million, Loser, Baby Sing Along at 28 million and then Hell is Forever Sing-Along at 26 million. Followed by the Fallout teaser trailer at 25 million.

I said it before and I will say it again, whoever made this deal is going to get a drat good promotion.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Technowolf posted:

Given that its an Amazon Prime show, the closest we'll get to a Hellaverse game is Charlie as a guest kharacter in Mortal Kombat 1, same as Omni-Man and Homelander.

arnt they warner brothers or did amazon buy them? i mean id be ok with like a hazbin character being in mortal kombat. i feel like they would probably go with alastor or angel.

i mean keith david is in it already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU1N4eXAJSM

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
:toot:
But how in Hell is Happy Day in Hell so low??

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cugel the Clever posted:

no idea. my guess is everyone heard it like months before release too many times.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

arnt they warner brothers or did amazon buy them? i mean id be ok with like a hazbin character being in mortal kombat. i feel like they would probably go with alastor or angel.

i mean keith david is in it already. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU1N4eXAJSM

I just mean that two other Amazon Prime shows - Invincible and The Boys - already have guest kharacters in MK1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySBv-ANFeYM

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Alastor would be pretty awesome in MK, but man would the artstyle shift hit weird.

Now, Multiversus. You could absolutely slap him in that untouched.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Cugel the Clever posted:

This, but for More than Anything. Genuinely astounded that song isn't more popular.

quote:

Comparison with YouTube, as of 14 April 2024 (Prime Video official account):
"Respectless" - 29 million views

Also am I a weirdo for not really liking Respectless much? Songs that are heavy on exposition are already very hit or miss for me, and this one leans more into miss territory. The lyrics feel stilted, it's too short, and it focuses on a character that I largely don't care about and who didn't really DO anything of actual significance (I don't think Velvette had even one more line after that scene for the entire rest of the season). Really stunned it's the second most viewed song on their youtube.

I do notice though that several of the other songs are cross-posted across multiple channels, which kinda skews their numbers. Poison in particular has another 8m views on Viv's channel, and about that many on at least two others.

Still, that's all great news, I'm glad the show is doing so well.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 15, 2024

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

CidGregor posted:

Also am I a weirdo for not really liking Respectless much?
Nah, it's easily the weakest of the bunch for me for exactly the reasons you outline.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love Respectless, it's like top 5 for me. Velvette rules

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
more than anything left me cold. I think the ballads are the song’s weakest numbers in general and that one’s the climax of an emotional arc that needed several episodes, not thirty minutes

respectless is a tourniquet-tight spitfire of a song even if it’s basically just an argument on a beat

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

respectless is just a broadway-flavored rap battle

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

more than anything left me cold. I think the ballads are the song’s weakest numbers in general and that one’s the climax of an emotional arc that needed several episodes, not thirty minutes

respectless is a tourniquet-tight spitfire of a song even if it’s basically just an argument on a beat

yeah. it felt like it was going for the classic "you will be ok" but it never clicks the same way. i also dont think Jeremy Jordan does that type of singing as well, but idk. its also interupted by diologue to much. etc.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I think "More than Anything" just happened to hit me at the right place, right time and right mood. I just wish the reprise with Vaggie went longer.

I definitely respect "Respectless" though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Out For Love is definitely my favourite Carmine number.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
My favourite song from HH is definitely "The Show Must Go On", I am *convinced* that Lucifer's first verse is directly cribbed from an already-existing MT song, like the melody is really drat familiar to me, but I can't think of anything specific. Maybe it's just based on common MT tropes.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Whatever it Takes deserves more love than it gets.

It tells a great story and shows you how important different characters are to the singers. Carmine’s children to her, and Charlie to Vaggie. It was this song that actually made me decide I liked Vaggie with Charlie.
Carmine’s VA is amazing. I love how she sounds and want more. Funny how she got paired up with Vaggie with both of her songs.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

In terms of storytelling I think "You Didn't Know" is my favourite. It's actually kind of crazy how much character and lore development is dumped into that song, how many major characters are in it and how ambitious the writing of it is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Adrianics posted:

My favourite song from HH is definitely "The Show Must Go On", I am *convinced* that Lucifer's first verse is directly cribbed from an already-existing MT song, like the melody is really drat familiar to me, but I can't think of anything specific. Maybe it's just based on common MT tropes.

yeah. thats probably my favorite too along with loser and happy day. it hits that classic musical ending medley that works so drat well. also ready for this is good.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
my favorite is all of them

except maybe "it starts with sorry" which i like but i genuinely always forget about until i listen to the entire track list again

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

I'm torn between hoping they expand upon the logic of Heaven/Hell and Sera's role, and hoping they keep the mystery going.

I found Sera really fascinating because she's like this embodiment of the principle that you can't force someone to understand something if their paycheque relies on them not understanding. I thought it was interesting that she doesn't know what the logic is behind whether someone goes to Hell or Heaven, but was terrified of asking too many questions because the sweet af lifestyle she and her peers has may be in danger if the status quo is upset.

You could even say that Emily is approaching the situation from an overly idealistic viewpoint; she thinks she can both keep said lifestyle and welcome more souls into Heaven.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Adrianics posted:

I'm torn between hoping they expand upon the logic of Heaven/Hell and Sera's role, and hoping they keep the mystery going.

I found Sera really fascinating because she's like this embodiment of the principle that you can't force someone to understand something if their paycheque relies on them not understanding. I thought it was interesting that she doesn't know what the logic is behind whether someone goes to Hell or Heaven, but was terrified of asking too many questions because the sweet af lifestyle she and her peers has may be in danger if the status quo is upset.

You could even say that Emily is approaching the situation from an overly idealistic viewpoint; she thinks she can both keep said lifestyle and welcome more souls into Heaven.

Sera also has more or less direct "proof" that asking too many questions gets you exiled (Lucifer) and she seems concerned for Emily falling as if it wasn't just an exile orchestrated by the elders of Heaven (of which Sera is one).

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Hell is Forever is a goddamn jam

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

of all the songs Hell is Forever is the one that most brings to mind the sort of song a live musical will play as an instrumental before starting to hype up the audience

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love the part where Adam goes "fuckin HELL-" and does a big guitar riff and what sounds like heavenly organs start joining him. That's some good poo poo paired with the animation

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Adrianics posted:

Every season I expect we’ll learn a bit more about the rules and laws. A few twists and surprises included. I don’t expect any singular “THIS IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW” moment, but instead multiple revelations that later are built upon.

That includes other powers in Heaven that keep things going and have greater sway than Sera does. Despite her wanting to maintain the status quo, there’s a decent chance her own status will change should things in Hell change. Not to mention what happens in Heaven. I really can not see Emily passive standing by doing nothing.

Plus we got questions of Who in Heaven knows now about the exterminations now thanks to the trial? What happens if everyone learns? Will they do anything? Will factions form up? Some wanting to redeem and others destroy. What happens when Sir Pentious is revealed to everyone and that redemption of the damned is possible? Will people push for this? Be against it?

You got parties in both Heaven and Hell that will likely want to support and go against it all. We'll probably even see an alliance between the two to quell any such thing so the status quo is maintained.

There is so many ways to go with all this.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We know Lute is still firmly in Adam’s camp at least which is why she’s turning to Lilith to deal with Charlie (something else I’m strongly looking forward to learning more about)

But yeah, now that undeniable evidence that Charlie was right slithers among them I’ll be curious to see what Sera’s (and by extension Heaven as a whole) next move is. I kind of hope Angel’s sister becomes a proper character in the future as well

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Very curious to see how Lilith plays out.

After the pilot people were of the mind that Lucifer was the terrible parent and Lilith was the good one.

Then after the last episode in the first season it hard largely flipped, Lucifer was the good father and Lilith was the bad mother.

I'm of the mind that it's not going to be so simple and there is much more to be discovered.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

saw this on a thread and wanted to share. no idea about the artist.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Edgy furries.

LOL

Credit to whoever made it.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ben Garrison's from The Onion.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That's someones parody of a Ben Garrison comic though isn't it?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The Last Call posted:

That's someones parody of a Ben Garrison comic though isn't it?
It's perfect, if it is.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Madurai posted:

It's perfect, if it is.

I'd have to assume. With all the labeling of literally everything it's pretty on the nose.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean, doing a parody of both Garrison and Kelly at the same time veers into "too many jokes at once" territory but it's pretty good

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
It's 100% a Kelly, I assume Ben Garrison's name is just slapped on there because gently caress Ben Garrison.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think it's because Ben Garrison is thought to have died, with his current comics being ghost-comic'd by his wife, who is equally crazed but has less of that vigor and style.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Potential spoilers for next season from the Instagram of the voice actress for Emily.

via reddit https://new.reddit.com/r/HazbinHotel/comments/1c6qzgu/i_follow_emilys_voice_actor_on_instagram_and_she/

They posted what looks like a page from a script for next season. The post's been deleted, but people saved the image and transcribed what they were able to make out

https://i.imgur.com/KpuPlRU.jpeg

Excitedly Emily appears smiling through a portal and (???) next to Charlie. The crowd gasps.

EMILY
Please, everyone. Give me (us?) a chance. I'm here to tell you that heaven believes in redemption as well and doesn't want to cause you anymore pain. Leaders of heaven were lead to believe that sinners wanted nothing more than to hurt us. But now we want nothing more than to make things right. Heaven believes in the capacity for good inside each and every one of you.

CHARLIE
You all just need to decide if you believe in yourselves!

Charlie and Emily look out over the crowd and they instead see blank faces. Charlie turns around and sees that the screens have changed over to Vox's hypno eyes. We see quick shots of the people of hell all being hypnotized at once.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

saw this on a thread and wanted to share. no idea about the artist.
:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Potential spoilers for next season from the Instagram of the voice actress for Emily.

via reddit https://new.reddit.com/r/HazbinHotel/comments/1c6qzgu/i_follow_emilys_voice_actor_on_instagram_and_she/

They posted what looks like a page from a script for next season. The post's been deleted, but people saved the image and transcribed what they were able to make out

https://i.imgur.com/KpuPlRU.jpeg

Excitedly Emily appears smiling through a portal and (???) next to Charlie. The crowd gasps.

EMILY
Please, everyone. Give me (us?) a chance. I'm here to tell you that heaven believes in redemption as well and doesn't want to cause you anymore pain. Leaders of heaven were lead to believe that sinners wanted nothing more than to hurt us. But now we want nothing more than to make things right. Heaven believes in the capacity for good inside each and every one of you.

CHARLIE
You all just need to decide if you believe in yourselves!

Charlie and Emily look out over the crowd and they instead see blank faces. Charlie turns around and sees that the screens have changed over to Vox's hypno eyes. We see quick shots of the people of hell all being hypnotized at once.

This sounds loving great.