Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
It's like, have any of you ever had to wait for the next book in a series you like? A new chapter of manga? Anything?? Are you even old enough to had to wait for Steven Universe Bombs? The hostility of this fandom absolutely baffles me. The fandom for a two year old show should not be as jaded and aggressive towards the creator as the ASOIAF fandom is towards George RR Martin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Hey now, the real deranged parts had a couple years before that to really distill themselves down into hatred elementals with nothing but the pilot and fandom poo poo. :v:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Happy Landfill posted:

It's shocking how much media literacy has gone down the drain. I know parts of this fandom skews a little young but it's like, have some of you never experienced any form of serial storytelling? Ever?? One of these episodes are going to end on a legit cliffhanger and people are going to be insenced, like, "what do you mean they just cut the episode off like that???"

I partly blame media literacy critics and such pivoting toward "why doesnt thing agree with my politics or morality" or really black and white views as well as the rise of the Matt patt types and shows and games then catering to the crowed.
https://www.currentaffairs.org/2021/02/satanic-panics-and-the-death-of-mythos
this article covers alot of this poo poo why stuff so dumb in politics and media.

Happy Landfill posted:

It's like, have any of you ever had to wait for the next book in a series you like? A new chapter of manga? Anything?? Are you even old enough to had to wait for Steven Universe Bombs? The hostility of this fandom absolutely baffles me. The fandom for a two year old show should not be as jaded and aggressive towards the creator as the ASOIAF fandom is towards George RR Martin

yeah like they treating it like the show just ended. the show has again like maybe 40 or so more episodes give or take. again alot of them are used to shows doing full lore poo poo and then getting patted on the head for guessing poo poo. whats funny is i guessed stolas would die in season 1. lol guess i hate the show now.

Bussamove posted:

Hey now, the real deranged parts had a couple years before that to really distill themselves down into hatred elementals with nothing but the pilot and fandom poo poo. :v:

yeah as much as i think hazbin will be good. its nuts how big and nuts it is over like a rough(but fun) 20 min pilot and some podcast interviews.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

People know that actors arnt their characters right? Like I met Peter weller at a con and I just talked to him about art. He was cool.

apparent this is a problem as old as theater itself language and story telling. maybe even before.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Reminded of discussion in another thread about how GRRM may have written himself into a corner trying to surprise the audience that guessed where his foreshadowing was going to go, and how Westworld hosed itself over because the writers cared more about showing off how smart they are than writing a good or coherent story. A certain kind of fandom brain sees stories as puzzles to be solved or documentaries of otherworldly events, and struggles when understanding anything that requires them to think of it as a piece of fictional artifice.

I'm not sure whether the previously discussed people who freak out when fiction isn't properly morally instructive or provides their exact desired flavour of comfort and catharsis on command is the opposite end of the spectrum or what, though maybe just a different kind of idiocy manifest of a similar dysfunctional mindset.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, you take the super cool lone wolf dude and make fun of him. It's like being upset the guy from Community's paintball episode played by Josh Holloway back when he was the Norman Reedus went out of the competition in a goofy way.

Funny thing with Striker and Crimson is that their silliness doesn't actually make them less dangerous- in fact a big part of their menace is because they're off-balance and unpredictable and lack the redeeming features the wacky violent protagonists have. Crimson is used to being unquestioned and doubles down on bad decisions violently where even Blitzo would change tack or cut his losses, and Striker is a violent opportunist who gets a mariachi band singing along because he's kind of able to live up to the hype (besides in the trousers department, probably) but his ego also means he falls victim to classic villain pitfalls of not just shooting his target.

Also I get the feeling Stolas has a major rescue kink with Blitzo now.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Reminded of discussion in another thread about how GRRM may have written himself into a corner trying to surprise the audience that guessed where his foreshadowing was going to go, and how Westworld hosed itself over because the writers cared more about showing off how smart they are than writing a good or coherent story. A certain kind of fandom brain sees stories as puzzles to be solved or documentaries of otherworldly events, and struggles when understanding anything that requires them to think of it as a piece of fictional artifice.

I'm not sure whether the previously discussed people who freak out when fiction isn't properly morally instructive or provides their exact desired flavour of comfort and catharsis on command is the opposite end of the spectrum or what, though maybe just a different kind of idiocy manifest of a similar dysfunctional mindset.

Funny thing with Striker and Crimson is that their silliness doesn't actually make them less dangerous- in fact a big part of their menace is because they're off-balance and unpredictable and lack the redeeming features the wacky violent protagonists have. Crimson is used to being unquestioned and doubles down on bad decisions violently where even Blitzo would change tack or cut his losses, and Striker is a violent opportunist who gets a mariachi band singing along because he's kind of able to live up to the hype (besides in the trousers department, probably) but his ego also means he falls victim to classic villain pitfalls of not just shooting his target.

Also I get the feeling Stolas has a major rescue kink with Blitzo now.

i have seen it on both sides of the spectrum, the chuds are just louder and dumber about it. most of the lefty/woke type ones are either really anal culture critic types or pissed off too online tumblr/twitter teens who feel like anything bad that a character does should be loudly condemed because they dont understand anything that isnt a fog horn.

its like people who genuinly bought into strykers bullshit in his first appearence of being some tough rebel who totatlly meant what he said and wasnt just a skilled but preening douche. then when the show makes it super loving explicit. they get mad and scream retcon. i want to say people don't understand subtley this days but it wasnt even subtle.

also i like crimson, he has alot of desperate sociopathic menance. I feel like he is relativly "small" fish in greed's ocean and the years havent been kind to his little empire, so he snatches at whatever oppertunity he can. so he buys chaz's bullshit and that was that. then chaz had a day where the best part of it was when he died.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 4, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Did they listen to the song Striker sung in the Harvest Moon ep? Dude's a total douche. A dangerous douche, but still very much a petty douchebag

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Funny thing is that Striker just has the same deal as IMP, just introduced in reverse; he's genuinely badass and dangerous and also a huge doof left to his own devices, just like Moxxie, Millie and Blitzo.

A lot of it really just is that people can't accept the show is a goofy violent cartoon, and proudly so.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also i like crimson, he has alot of desperate sociopathic menance. I feel like he is relativly "small" fish in greed's ocean and the years havent been kind to his little empire, so he snatches at whatever oppertunity he can. so he buys chaz's bullshit and that was that. then chaz had a day where the best part of it was when he died.

There's even a lot of themes that Crimson's whole ruthless, domineering approach has gotten him nothing but failure. He tried to mold Moxxie into his personal killing machine from childhood in downright horrific ways, and only succeeded in leaving Moxxie both completely alienated from him and desperate for anyone who shows him affection and respect- which eventually paid off with a wife that loves him and will murder the gently caress out of anyone who threatens him, and a boss who actually values him and will back him up when necessary. Blitzo is a better boss and a better father in about every aspect, and that really says something about how low the bar is.

Actually I think there's a common theme that even in Hell, being a complete bastard ultimately doesn't pay. Not the least probably because it's literally Hell- you got bastards anywhere you look, they're not special. Of course that mostly serves to make the protagonists more sympathetic despite doing a lot of pretty evil poo poo and having little to no regard for relatively innocent lives mortal or demonic, but it's not just them. The Sins themselves so far actually seem to be on the ball, and wise enough to make a point of embodying and promoting exactly one sin at a time, since they have to make it appealing for temptation and all.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Was anyone from Gravity Falls working on that the latest episode, the summer camp one because wow were those backgrounds were a familiar and comfy sight.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of it really just is that people can't accept the show is a goofy violent cartoon, and proudly so.

Yeah, I don't hate continuity and worldbuilding myself but not every show has to be 100 percent holistic towards the building of DEEP LORE or something. Sometimes they just wanna tell a joke about Loona going to a vet because she is a dog and that's fine.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I don't hate continuity and worldbuilding myself but not every show has to be 100 percent holistic towards the building of DEEP LORE or something. Sometimes they just wanna tell a joke about Loona going to a vet because she is a dog and that's fine.

Yeah, i think the world has lore and world building but it’s not like rule lawyer about it. It works way better if you have read Clive barker and his versions of hell. Because it’s a lot like this but more body horror. Hell is another dimension where god or something dumps shitheads and the natives are either born there or from the good place. Etc.

Also.

https://twitter.com/mitchelmirafox/status/1688351402769440768?s=46 Good poo poo.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

That's amazing lol Now I'm going to have that stuck in my head

Sorry for the reddit link but Viv posted another preview featuring Fizz, happy and whole, and I'm sure nothing bad will ever happen to him

https://www.reddit.com/r/HelluvaBoss/comments/15lr3a0/wake_up_it_looks_like_more_helluvaboss_can_come/

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 8, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

That's amazing lol Now I'm going to have that stuck in my head

Sorry for the reddit link but Viv posted another preview featuring Fizz, happy and whole, and I'm sure nothing bad will ever happen to him

https://www.reddit.com/r/HelluvaBoss/comments/15lr3a0/wake_up_it_looks_like_more_helluvaboss_can_come/

nah, he is hosed up in that. he isnt wearing make up and has no arms/legs. his face got burned bad. loving jester vader

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
My guess is some kind of trapeezing accident that Blitzo hosed up and caused Fizzerolli to fall into a vat of acid or something (with Blitzo taking some splash damage from that). I'm guessing acid just because we know that Imps are immune to fire, although maybe it's special hellfire idk

Also someone pointed it out on Twitter, but he was definitely doing circus stuff when it happened because the only part of his face that wasn't burned is his nose, where his clown nose would be

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Macaluso posted:

My guess is some kind of trapeezing accident that Blitzo hosed up and caused Fizzerolli to fall into a vat of acid or something (with Blitzo taking some splash damage from that). I'm guessing acid just because we know that Imps are immune to fire, although maybe it's special hellfire idk

Also someone pointed it out on Twitter, but he was definitely doing circus stuff when it happened because the only part of his face that wasn't burned is his nose, where his clown nose would be

yeah it will be interesting at least. I am not a big fizz fan but he will probably grow on me like stryker

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Something about anti-clown discrimination assuming they have to all be the Joker. Or even worse, anti-jester.

Blitzo might have more of a career in entertainment if he hadn't apparently pissed off several of Hell's prominent entertainers.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/impmurderpros/status/1690198347049734144?s=46&t=7WUwCJt2zegOMma7YyU-Ug

:ohdear:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ozzie doesn’t strike me as the type to go that far out of his way to torment someone so I wonder if he paid stolas a house call for romantic advice

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/Onyx_Superbia/status/1690319841834708992
https://twitter.com/Onyx_Superbia/status/1690324096905818113

:3:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

ozzie doesn’t strike me as the type to go that far out of his way to torment someone so I wonder if he paid stolas a house call for romantic advice

Maybe. I also like how it shows how small fish stolas is in the scheme of things. He is some 10th son of a higher ranked noble. He is powerful as gently caress but he is a candle compared to a lot of folks. Same with alastor.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Seeing this has me flashing back to this absolutely idiotic post from the subreddit from a few days ago

Please add "getting mad at episodes that are not even out yet" to the pile of Helluva Boss Fans Making Up Reasons To Be Mad And Then Making A Post About It

I like this. More of this

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm amused by 'the titles don't sound like they'll have Stolas in them' which... how do you know that doesn't sound like Stolas? It would basically have to be 'Owl Demon Does a Sex With Blitzo' for it to be gleaned from the title.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Like, one of the episode titles is Full Moon...how does that not sound like Stolas episode

Also, what does that even mean?? Does Loo Loo Land sound like a Stolas episode? Ozzie's??

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 14, 2023

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Seeing this has me flashing back to this absolutely idiotic post from the subreddit from a few days ago

Please add "getting mad at episodes that are not even out yet" to the pile of Helluva Boss Fans Making Up Reasons To Be Mad And Then Making A Post About It

I like this. More of this

there is some insane poo poo talking about how Hazbin has been canceled and how BIG A24 is disgusted by vivs behavior and its such weird poo poo.

also stolas and moxxie should arrive this week will post when they arrive.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happy Landfill posted:

Like, one of the episode titles is Full Moon...how does that not sound like Stolas episode

Obviously that's a Loona episode :smugdog:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPmurderpros/status/1691955231486259241

my guess is next weekend or so.

got the new plushes today. will take a pic of stolas later

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Haaa! That's my BG! :3:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

got the new plushes today. will take a pic of stolas later

Ralsei totally doesn't look out of place between the two of them

Das Boo posted:

Haaa! That's my BG! :3:

Yooooo!!!! :kimchi: :kimchi:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ralsei is pretty much more or less erzatz Charlie.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

Ralsei totally doesn't look out of place between the two of them

Yooooo!!!! :kimchi: :kimchi:

Yeah. All of them are the well meaning good boys of their groups. I’ll post more when I get home from vacation.

https://x.com/averylazygirl/status/1693031652262310213?s=46

Lol

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Dapper_Swindler posted:

there is some insane poo poo talking about how Hazbin has been canceled and how BIG A24 is disgusted by vivs behavior and its such weird poo poo.

also stolas and moxxie should arrive this week will post when they arrive.

I remember seeing some of that. The main 'sources' are anonymous tumblr posts pinkie-promising that they're legit, as far as I can tell.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pyrotoad posted:

I remember seeing some of that. The main 'sources' are anonymous tumblr posts pinkie-promising that they're legit, as far as I can tell.

Kind of the thing is that the native audience of this show are the biggest drama llamas in the world.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Pyrotoad posted:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kind of the thing is that the native audience of this show are the biggest drama llamas in the world.

Apparently the big drama now is between lackadaisy fans and Hb fans because some team member may have retweeted terf poo poo or something.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Twitter was a mistake

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Apparently the big drama now is between lackadaisy fans and Hb fans because some team member may have retweeted terf poo poo or something.

I haven't kept up with this since the initial donation thing but I read around last night.

So it looks like the person who works on the Lackadaisy team who gave Viv poo poo for donating $5000 to the Lackadaisy Kickstarter had a bunch of transphobic tweets in his likes. Initially Tracy Butler was just basically ignoring the original situation and HB fans were not happy about nothing being done about this person. And then the transphobic stuff came up and HB folks were not happy about that and wanted Tracy to acknowledge it. There was eventually a response on the Lackadaisy Twitter and it was defending this employee. She then started blocking HB folks who were tweeting at her upset about this. Which she was probably getting bombarded so it makes sense, but it's not a great look to defend this particular employee. Even if you think this person isn't transphobic (the claim is the likes were being used as bookmarks, not actually liking transphobic tweets),, at the very least it's not great to even acknowledge how rude they were to Viv. So that's causing a whole thing.

Viv has yet to actually respond or acknowledge any of this, probably to her benefit

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Happy Landfill posted:

X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, was a mistake

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Also, why are ya’ll still wasting thread space on internet drama?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Macaluso posted:

So it looks like the person who works on the Lackadaisy team who gave Viv poo poo for donating $5000 to the Lackadaisy Kickstarter had a bunch of transphobic tweets in his likes.

poo poo person is poo poo, no surprise there.

But gently caress drat, imagine being in this business and being a transphobe? Now, imagine being one publicly.

poo poo person is stupid.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

poo poo person is poo poo, no surprise there.

But gently caress drat, imagine being in this business and being a transphobe? Now, imagine being one publicly.

poo poo person is stupid.

Yeah, seriously.

AlternateNu posted:

Also, why are ya’ll still wasting thread space on internet drama?

https://twitter.com/impmurderpros/status/1694223099536064638 I assume this weekend or next.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Looks like both Helluva and Brandon Rodgers came away with Streamy Awards. Brandon posted an unhinged video to celebrate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcscjJjzrHk