Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
in stephen king’s book danse macabre, which was written in 1981, he recalls an anecdote where a Star Trek actor (forget which) offhandedly mentioned at a con that he wasn’t his character in real life, at which point one middle aged woman stood up in tears and screamed that he was a liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ozzie doesn’t strike me as the type to go that far out of his way to torment someone so I wonder if he paid stolas a house call for romantic advice

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
at the rate things are going striker's going to be completely feral the next time he shows up. micah bell levels of crazy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
seems like maybe you should stop paying attention to them

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
phrasing it differently, I don’t think this thread should be fifty percent safaris on what psychotic tweens think about the raunchy devil cartoon

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
saw that cast list and thought "amir who" but yeah this seems like a pretty obvious fit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BveEANV5CtA

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it will never stop being weird hearing Horvitz talk normally

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the show seems pretty content keeping her as a horrid shrew that everyone else has to work around. right now she’s basically everything rotten about the goetia rolled up in a single character, which suits well enough

e: I wouldn’t be surprised if she ends up a casualty of striker’s impending meltdown

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Stella’s an abusive sadist, the fact that she’s also dumb as a rock doesn’t much soften her crueler traits

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

it always amazes me some people can burn water. like how the gently caress did those people survive before restaurants/takeout, microwaves/air fryers*, and when theyre single without a parent/caregiver?

eat potato

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the beavers’ dynamic wasn’t so much nice/mean as it was little brother/big brother

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there is, but according to a certain imp he’s usually on a stick

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hoping that we get to see adam turned inside-out by the end of this season at least. christ, what an rear end in a top hat

kind of funny that his character hews closest to the general tone of HB and HH's pilot episodes

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Adder Moray posted:

As an aside, I'd actually say Sera's judgement was correct, but only in a technical "letter of the law" sense.

Angel is evidence that souls in hell can become better people. He is not, however, evidence that they can be redeemed into heaven, as he's still in hell and still a demon. And since they do not know the criteria for entering heaven, they can't even say he's actually achieved any of the criteria.

that last part is what kills her case, because if she doesn't know the criteria then it's not even certain if "better people" are qualified to get into heaven at all. one place is a sparkly shopping plaza where everyone's happy and polite, and the other's a puke-soaked anarchic slum where shooting someone in the gut is how you say "hello" and "goodbye." who's to say that the many sinners act the way they do because they get randomly binned into the latter?

sure, like you said, she's "technically correct," but it's a correctness that results in someone burning down the courtroom

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
on a non-theological note, lucifer being introduced to the hotel's welcoming party and immediately beelining for the pets was extremely relatable

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
please stop posting about the Discourse, i can assure you nobody cares

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Generic American posted:

I feel like the extermination are also necessary to make her seem less obnoxious, because a lot of her character traits and preachy attitude would seem insufferable if she just wanted to save people from living in Hell where sinners like Angel seem pretty okay with it at first before you dig into their trauma.

Without the threat of the yearly purge looming overhead, it would just be Charlie forcibly inserting herself into other peoples' lives under the belief that she alone knows how to fix all of their problems, as opposed to a clumsy, desperate attempt to find a way to save Angel – because even if he would survive the upcoming extermination with Valentino's "help", he is meant to be an example and not the exception. That he is just as awful (with the potential to be good) as thousands of other less privileged/famous sinners who get slaughtered every year.

good point, charlie doesn't seem to have many issues with hell per se other than the routine slaughtering of its residents and the fact that most of said residents are also clearly miserable. she'd be perfectly fine trying to improve her home if heaven didn't keep killing all her neighbors just because they were there

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

I mean Hell doesn't seem all the bad tbh, yeah you can get ripped limb from limb but you regenerate eventually and there are vending machines that just hand out PCP.

hell seems to be going for a "smoke the whole pack of cigarettes" approach to punishment where it just lets sinners indulge in their vices as much as they want until all the joy goes out of them. this also inevitably leaves the place controlled by psychopaths who don't get sick of it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I assume that the setup here is that the first season will be about establishing the Hazbin Hotel as an officially-sanctioned route to redemption from Hell to Heaven, with Adam's Exorcists being crushed from both sides by Charlie's demon alliance and Emily playing rabble-rouser among the angels.

it was probably a slight tactical whoopsie for adam to publicly broadcast his point of descent after everyone learned that angels are killable

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
related note, Respectless has to be in top 3 songs of the season. ballistic missile of a tune

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ironslave posted:

I've done no online searching or interacting with fans for explanations, and have not followed anything related to this creator before. Who gives a poo poo about Razzle and Dazzle?

how dare you

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
loser baby is the best song of the season but the number really throws into relief how over designed husk is. especially that tuft on his tail, it ruins his silhouette

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
kismesis

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
helps that their songs use actual rhyming meter as opposed to the lurching arrhythmic structure LMM popularized. tired of that noise

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
these two shows have always been the epicenter of a hurricane of psychotic discourse. it's not worth asking about and not worth dwelling on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
more than anything left me cold. I think the ballads are the song’s weakest numbers in general and that one’s the climax of an emotional arc that needed several episodes, not thirty minutes

respectless is a tourniquet-tight spitfire of a song even if it’s basically just an argument on a beat