Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm scared by how much I like these shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its because its different. its not directly nostalgia bating anything though it does pull isnperation from ALOT of places and while not perfect it tends to be mostly interesting and fun. plus lots of good fan art. To bad about the drama but thats all fan now.

I'm actually scared about ending up at a cosplay orgy.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

You never heard of the Undertale con orgy? Know what the worst part is? The only one you recognize is Sans. Everyone else is an OC.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
One thing I liked about the series is how they delt with homophobia. Usually in fantasy settings people are gay and everyone is fine with it but these shows are one of the few instances were characters encounter discrimination.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Data Graham posted:

It surprised me in kind of the opposite way actually; as I posted before, it initially seemed like everybody in Hell is some flavor of bi and that's just normal, and then when they get to the Moxxie's dad episode suddenly it's homophobia central which caught me way off guard. Maybe I'm not watching the right fantasy stuff lol

But again, if there weren't homophobia it wouldn't be hell.

The first instance of it was the news caster refusing to shake Charlie's hand and saying, "I don't touch the gays"

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Since I'm new to this thread what kind of drama has Twitter had? Pre Musk it was a septic tank and now it's a broken septic tank. It always surprised me that people like Ted Cruz decry Disney while being oblivious to the LGBT content in modern cartoons.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
What is everyone's favorite gag? I really liked Cherri's reaction to learning that Sir Pentious has two dicks.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I also like when Blitzo talks about all the humans drooling over Loona and they all look at the camera. Vivz knew what she was doing when she deisgned her.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Last Call posted:

When I first saw Mimzy I first thought she was created based on Zsa Zsa Gabor and her acts.

Her line "I knew you were all waiting for me" was in reference to those who did know of her past designs and expected her.

At one point she was going to be the girlfriend of Alastor and a regular part of the cast.

Truthfully, it didn't matter how they designed her. People were going to react the same no matter what. They have with every other character. It's kinda why I hate the whole shipping thing, people go nuts and take it at times way too far. It's probably why I'm so tough on a lot of the relationship aspects people want to see happen, seen others being extremely over zealous in other fandoms and how that goes. It exist with these series as well.

Shipping is a primordial human drive. Most of what we know of the Camelot mythos is shipping fan fiction.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Last Call posted:

Perhaps.

Modern shipping is still annoying as hell.

Took the SPN fandom for me to realize how batshit nuts some of these people are.

Everyone is crazy all the time. What's SPN?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Last Call posted:

Supernatural.

It was a TV show.

That fandom with it's shipping was....extra crazy to be put it mildly.

Oh yeah, with all the incest.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Keith David doing a musical number was something I didn't know I needed in my life. Also, what's an acrylic standee?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Last Call posted:

Anne of Green Gables.

It's crazy popular in Japan, so much that there are regular Japanese bus tours of the locations listed in the book. But wait you ask, does that take place in Japan? No, Canada!

Turns out a young girl with a fiery bold personility really appealed to the people over there.

https://www.anneofgreengables.com/blog-posts/how-anne-became-popular-in-japan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39809999

Anne of Green Gables was the inspiration of another character, Pippi Longstocking.
Isn't Little Women big there too? They made an anime of it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
The lack of Sir Pentious merch is baffling. Throw that "Hello fellow kids" pic on a t-shirt and you'd sell a million of them. And he has TWO dicks. How can you not capitalize on that.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
One thing that I like about Moxie and Millie that seems to be part of a trend is portraying marriages in animation in a more positive light. It was a pleasant surprise in Migration.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Flopsy posted:

Somebody needs to get Bad Dragon on the phone STAT.

It's an immaculate double pun and from what I heard they did have trouble properly translating it into a few languages. Italian however didn't have the issue and was able to keep it almost entirely as is.

I just saw a vtuber talk about how her friends bought her a Bad Dragon dildo as a prank. Which is a pretty expensive prank.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
It took me a bit to realize Vaggie and Charlie was a couple. Did anyone else encounter that. I kind of defaulted to video game comic where the two leads are just friends.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I want to also add that Millie doing hips thrust while saying "I like to gently caress bitches" is hilarious.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Annointed posted:

Spider-man editors like Joe Quesada hate the idea of happy marriages or the idea of growing old. Because as you know comics books aren't around for near a hundred years with actual generations off people reading the stuff.

In all fairness Quesada is insane.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Last Call posted:

Yeah he's a douche.

For something GOOD.

In twenty hours, the next episode of Murder Drones drops.

Episode 7: Mass Destruction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOqw86OGIB0

What the gently caress is insurance, I mean, Murder Drones?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Cugel the Clever posted:

I walked by a solid Lucifer cosplay at a Starbucks near Sakuracon this morning. Suit, wings, hat and all. I was too lazy to stop to ask for a rubber duck, angry fiddle noises, or a photo, sadly :effort:

Man or woman?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Cugel the Clever posted:

Middling! They were looking resplendent in the window without a good point of reference.

Lucifer! Given the getup, they might have been an alien from Ceti Alpha V, for all I could tell in passing :cheeky:

I would make out with Lucifer just in case.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I was kind of skeptical going in but I after a few episodes I fell in love. This was kind of my experience with the ponies so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Flopsy posted:

Kinda of the thing that most people don't get is Blitzo literally is Brandon Rogers author insert. Like the dude is half the writing team so any decisions the fans are bitching about concerning him really don't deserve to be heaped at Viv's feet. She's not making unilateral decisions on Helluva Boss.

I looked him up and he's gay while Blitzo is clearly bi. I know nothing about this guy.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its a mix, the humor is brandons, the character drama and designs and part of the heart is hers.

https://twitter.com/redthespian1/status/1776297464670093333

also i laughed.

Has Twitter always hated Viz and her work? I use Twitter as little as possible due to it being a broken septic tank.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Does Mike Huckabee know about these shows?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Has their ever been any talk of a video game?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Last Call posted:

For Hazbin or Helluva?

Nothing. What kind of genre would even work with it.

I think it would work better with Helluva. It could be something simple like a side scrolling shooter. It would be super funny if Outright gets the license and makes a game.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
A River City GIrls style Beat em up with Charlie and Vaggie sounds adorable.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Flopsy posted:

Fingers crossed God is the most majestic drat horse we've ever seen.

If God doesn't exist, then why is she a horse?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I heard he's got two dicks.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I remember when the Steven Universe thread had "Make it Gayer and Sader", maybe this one could be "Make it Gayer and More Violent".

How could you make Steven Universe any gayer? Steven Universe is so gay that if Paul Lend, Truman Capote, and Liberace driving by in a car they would have to stop and say, "drat that's gay."

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZTI5OWypAg

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ironslave posted:

Finally, someone else gets it!

Top Snek. My favorite gag is when Angel Dust tells Cherry he has two dicks and she like, "Heyyyyyy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Flopsy posted:

It's obvious this is the case and people arguing sinners should be allowed into the other rings of hell don't seem to grasp that would be like letting an invasive species into an isolated ecosystem. It would be complete chaos.
So the IMP office is in the pride ring but they all live in Imp City?