Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Man, no wonder Blitzo is so hosed up when it comes to the concept of 'family'.

And good to see Moxxie pulled his head out of his arse in the ninth innings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Pulsarcat posted:

I mean hell, for all the language and violence the show never comes across as mean spirited as so many other adult cartoons do.
It's clear the creators love the show and all its characters and just want their audience to have a fun time.

Yeah, I enjoy watching a show where I don't feel like the creators have nothing but contempt for me and want to spit in my face.

Obi Wan and Picard spring to mind.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Hoping 209 is Blitz's Huge loving Apology to Stolas episode.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Macaluso posted:

So it looks like the person who works on the Lackadaisy team who gave Viv poo poo for donating $5000 to the Lackadaisy Kickstarter had a bunch of transphobic tweets in his likes.

poo poo person is poo poo, no surprise there.

But gently caress drat, imagine being in this business and being a transphobe? Now, imagine being one publicly.

poo poo person is stupid.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Me seeing there's a new episode out:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Some people just hate.

The target is almost irrelevant. And, if they can get their hatred fix while pretending to be on the moral high road, that's even better.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Just heard there was an animatic for the latest episode which got leaked which has a scene that was removed from the final version.

When we see the flashback to the circus fire and Fizzarolli crawls out of the fire and sees Blitzo run away, there's a cut to another tent with fire spewing out the door. We see his sister, Barbie Wire runnning of there, just ahead of the flames. Then Blitzo says, "Mum" and runs off to the tent.

It also never actually clicked with me before that Blitzo's white patches on his face were scars from where he was burned.

edit: all from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5o8q2QPlW8&t=91s

It also cleared up why Blitzo pushed the imp with the cake away and accidentally started the fire in the first place. His dad, who treated Blitzo like crap and favoured Fizz, gave him a birthday card with "Wish YOU were my son" on it.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 14, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
I love that the show starts from a ridiculously edgy premise (imps in hell venturing to the human world to murder people) and finds a wholesome core along the way.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. that lady is a trip. like while i dont care for stephen universe even i think she is overly harsh on it. I just dont get folks who get THAT mad over kids shows(shows in general honestly)

Steven Universe is wholesome as gently caress, but some of the fans are just rabid.

I remember that poor girl who drew fan art of one character, but didn't draw her as chubby as the original and was relentlessly bullied into self harm.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Another little thing about the circus fire I just got from a random youtube short. We know now that white patches on imps are scars, given that's where Blitz got burned and now has a white spot.

This is young Fizzarolli at his birthday party:

This is him now:

All white face, meaning his entire face is scar tissue. Except for a tiny red spot on his nose.

That's because he was wearing a fake clown nose when he was burned, so it was protected.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 25, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It also doesn’t help that a lot of YA fandoms are just loving hell mouths full of weird purity struggle session poo poo that’s not even over politics.

Righteousness is a hell of a drug.

Pratchett had a quote something along the lines of "No greater evil than righteousness" and it didn't really click with me when I first read it. But, boy howdy, do I understand it now.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Maybe there's something to how the attitude with Harry Potter being 'Well at least the kids are reading books!' wasn't the healthiest response after all.

I mean it started off with "liberal unaware of her own biases" putting questionable content in otherwise engaging childrens' books. Sure, it ended up with a mask-off TERF eating newborn babies, but for a little while there the series wasn't something you needed to be absolutely ashamed of reading.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Oh totes. The more she wrote about her world, the less sense it made and the worse it looked.

From what I heard about one of the prequel movies, the big bad evil wizard just wanted to stop the holocaust or some poo poo but had to be stopped because the wizards didn't want the untermensch to know they existed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
The original trilogy would have been a lot better if Vader was getting his rear end clapped by the emperor.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
More Frozen than Frozen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1MT8GZ3c-E

:allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i will say i like most of the designs more now. espcially vaggie. i didnt really get what her design was in the pilot. now its ton better.

Yeah I bounced off the pilot because a lot of the time I literally had no idea what I was looking at. It's why it took me so long to check out Helluva Boss.

But I take the pilot as a 'proof of concept' and they've learned from Helluva Boss and these new designs look great.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

"Written by Vivienne Madranno" lol

I love little meta jokes like that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Also, loved every single song.

And ultra loved Fizz/Ozzy's relationship.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Oh, so that's where the "blinking in morse code" meme came from.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
The first episode of season 2, where little child Stolas meets his father and find out about his marriage, we see a picture of child Octavia Stella.

edit: wrong name dumbass

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 8, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

seriously this. both the shows have disneyish musical numbers. i mean gently caress this is a literal disney "i want" song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaiUqekVrB4

Huh, never noticed that the book opens to a page on 'Asmodean crystals' which is exactly why Stolas is visiting Asmodeus in the latest episode.

Neat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Flopsy posted:

Yeah it's oval office. Youtube demonetizes if they don't censor it.

And yet, they didn't have any issue with the word itself appearing as text in the show.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Season1 trailer on youtube for those who can't see videos on the nazi site:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acn0EIys4b4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. sounds about right and what i thought. ill enjoy it.

also new fun weird drama.

some youtube dude spent 50k on a soft core Charlie and himself animation.
https://twitter.com/OOCWesternR34/status/1745531931440169412

Is it an official animation or done by an outside studio with no respect for copyright?

Watching it, I'm guess it was _not_ done by VivziePop. But creators have done weirder poo poo for patreon paypigs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
I bounced hard off the pilot, but I had an absolute blast with the first four episodes.

The stakes are clearly laid out and I'm very interested in seeing where this is all going.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

a neat cape posted:

Vaggie is the only character that just sounds weird to me. I can't explain why

She's Poison Ivy from the Harley Quinn show. That's all I can hear - or see - when she's on screen.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah same. i am ok with that.

Ditto. I adore Harley Quinn's take on Ivy.

'Strong women who are just totally over this poo poo and in love in an idiot' is a character type I never knew I would find so much fun.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Tristesse posted:

Vaggie is not voiced by Poison Ivy's voice actress, she is voiced by Stefanie Beatriz AKA Rosa from Brooklyn 99/ Maribel from Encanto. Poison Ivy in the new Harley Quinn etc is voiced by Lake Bell. They just sound very similar.

I mean the characters, not the voice actors. But, yes, they do also sound quite similar.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
I watched the Hazbin Hotel pilot last night and, uh, was there a different one ever released? Like a lot shorter, with terrible geometric character designs and a lot more swearing and no musical numbers?

Cugel the Clever posted:

So pre-apple humans were pet psychopaths Yahweh had running around in a zoo doing who knows what and, when Lucifer encouraged Eve to use her mind to consider the impact of her actions (and perhaps critically assess her relationship with Yahweh), Yahweh cast them out into abject desperation and imposed eternal damnation any human who'd violate his rules? And then failed to provide concrete evidence that his rules and consequences exist?

Having grown up in a really lovely home, I was never able to see the garden of eden story as anything other than an abusive parent hurting his children for daring to defy him in the smallest way.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

The Last Call posted:

No, there was only ever one Hazbin Hotel pilot. It was made over four years ago, not getting confused between Helluva Boss pilot are you? That has more swearing and no musical numbers until the end credits.

No, it wasn't the Helluva Boss pilot. I went from watching that to the rest of the series, mostly in the one night.

drat, I'm confused now*. All the times I said I bounced off the Hazbin pilot, I was thinking of something else entirely and have no idea what it was.

* and more than a little embarrassed at myself

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Generic American posted:

She specifically says that "you AND your Hellborn kind" are pardoned, so it's definitely not just Charlie and Lucifer. But that does leave open the question of how literal that might be – if they are only allowed to kill mortal sinners with no exceptions, or if it's just an informal thing that most Hellborn demons can just leave the Pride Ring for a day or two during the extermination, and it's only someone like Charlie who is specifically off-limits even when she stays. But if an imp sticks around for whatever reason, they might get caught in the slaughter.

It seems like an angel tried to kill the daughters of the gun running hellboss lady.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Lord_Magmar posted:

All three of them are Sinners, so not off-limits.

Doh. I knew that. Had a brainfart.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Husk looking like a Dr Seus character constantly throws me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He looks like some half-remembered mishmash from Alice in Wonderland.

All I can see

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
So what's the big golden thing next to the hellmoon?

Is it just a portal, or is it heaven itself?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

No one has even mentioned the biggest mystery of the series so far:

Where did the pirate ship come from?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
So can the sinners have children in hell? Because Carmilla had her two "daughters" with her.

And I just noticed, the blonde one doesn't actually have horns, they're just a headband, which is adorable.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Was it this thread where someone brought up the idea that the deciding factor of whether you go to heaven or hell is whether you believe you should go there?

Certainly the only thing which explains how Adam ended up in heaven.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Larryb posted:

I mean, she certainly looks like a villain character just going by her design but we’ll see I guess

https://hazbinhotel.fandom.com/wiki/Lilith

Maybe she’ll be the focus of the next arc after Adam’s dealt with

I find it really curious that we've seen her face in a lot of paintings now, but when she picked up Charlie in the memory of her visiting her dad, they didn't give her a face.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

Flopsy posted:

So turns out Charlie actually does have hoof feet. That's interesting.

I thought everyone just had high heels?

e: saw the trailer.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 31, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
Just realised something sobering - Alastor knows angels can be killed. So the question become whether that method also applies to fallen angels.

We know two fallen angels in the series.