Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Macaluso posted:

This episode was kind of weird to me. There's some real good stuff here, but some of it didn't work that well for me. I really liked the stuff with Millie this episode, but conversely I wasn't huge on Moxxie's stuff. Moxxie's half of the Moxxie/Millie story felt kind of half baked to me but I can't really articulate why. Maybe I just couldn't deal with the voice Moxxie was putting on for the character, because I visually liked his disguise. Millie's stuff though was very fun, and she had probably my favorite song from the whole series so far. It's nice to get a little more insight into her character.

The Barbie thing was also kind of weird. It happened and then it was over in the span of like less than 5 minutes and that didn't really feel like enough time to devote to a character that's gotta be pretty important to Blitzo's past. Granted there's a certain level of building up in my head what the eventually Barbie introduction was going to be like but still. On the other hand, I really liked the character herself. Good voice acting, I like her design a lot, I hope when we revisit her it's sooner rather than later.

Very nice looking episode though, I can't believe a show with this much polish animation wise is just given to us for free on youtube

I feel pretty much the same way. Wasn't the best episode. Moxxie was at his most annoying and neurotic which was a big put off. And I have a visceral hatred of the valley girl archetype, so that only compounded the issue. Millie's stuff was good but still revolved around her relationship with Moxxie which...bleh.

Blitzo's deal was obviously more set up than anything, but they kind of half-assed making it plot relevant but obviously not fully fleshed out and it just kind of fails to be satisfying if not interesting at least. Guess we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I seriously hope this thread doesn't turn into the Viv Drama thread. Can we make an agreement to not repost assholes being assholes to her?

I like these shows. I don't want to dread coming in here to hear about internet drama second hand.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Throw Velma on that trash pile too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSuajHpF9Eo

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I don't know if you can label that whole thing a rivalry, yet. Loona's got a crush. We're not in love triangle territory yet.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Pulsarcat posted:

On the one hand I'm glad to see an era where creators can easily interact with their fans.

On the other hand I kind of miss the days where the angriest, dumbest motherfuckers in the world couldn't spend all day, every day, screaming at show runners or making multi-hour long videos where they scream about show runners.

Marketplace of ideas, my friend. All systems must be analyzed from the assumption of the lowest common denominator. :unsmigghh:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Happy Landfill posted:

X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, was a mistake

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Also, why are ya’ll still wasting thread space on internet drama?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I was expecting Fizz to remove his jester top to show his broken horns at the end considering the rest of his disrobing.

Kind of disappointed.