Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Only cowards vote after the co-main: Who're the champions after tonight?
This poll is closed.
Alexander Volkanovski / Brandon Moreno 8 61.54%
Alexander Volkanovski / Alexandre Pantoja 3 23.08%
Yair Rodriguez / Brandon Moreno 1 7.69%
Yair Rodriguez / Alexandre Pantoja 1 7.69%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus. Talk about overwhelming violence of action. Chick got loving mauled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Lmao

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
God drat!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

man that was insane

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Hahaha gomes just put her loving down

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

The main card is cursed with these prelims

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Great loving win for Gomes and anyone complaining about that being an early stop is crazy.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

CarlCX posted:

Great loving win for Gomes and anyone complaining about that being an early stop is crazy.

No way anyone can say that was early

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Im vacationing in miramar beach and trying to figure out where i can watch the main card

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

CarlCX posted:

what early stoppage, did they want Jauregui to start digging her own grave at a second location before calling it

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

fyallm posted:

Im vacationing in miramar beach and trying to figure out where i can watch the main card

Does ufc still have the link to see where watch parties are?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if moreno hangs on tonight and deivison figuereido can snag the 135lb title they should have him move up and set that superfight up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fyallm posted:

https://barfinder.joehandpromotions.com/venue-search/miramar%20beach/30.374367/-86.3585578/

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

if moreno hangs on tonight and deivison figuereido can snag the 135lb title they should have him move up and set that superfight up.

Stop it! Keep people in their own weight classes loving aaaaaah

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I desperately do not want any more two-division championship bouts for awhile. Let the title jumping breathe.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

like it's one thing if there's a super dominant champ that has like 5+ title defenses and no clear contender, okay whatever, but this bullshit of "I just got a belt, let me go get another one" has to stop

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

go japan

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Japan vs Mexico is not a combination I've seen a lot of in MMA really.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Thank you!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chariez has that build that sometimes leads to just incredible knockout power for dudes with clean technique.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chairez is in big trouble if Taira gets that leg free.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

herb dean what are you even doing tonight

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I think he spent 50% of the fight so far with his toe wrapped in the cage

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He's got a nice double leg.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Impressive top control.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Japanese BJJ fighters should be allowed to wear tights in the UFC. Aoki had it right.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

This fight is mostly proving that Tatsuro Taira has real, real problematic grappling for the entire division and really, really needs to tighten up his striking defense before he hits the top ten.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

After the first round

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Super Deuce posted:

Japanese BJJ fighters should be allowed to wear tights in the UFC. Aoki had it right.

I think they have the option of tight shorts, but probably not long ones if that's what you mean

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

After the first round

hahahahaha

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

I think they have the option of tight shorts, but probably not long ones if that's what you mean

Yeah Aoiki used to wear ankle length long tights. Particularly in bright and rainbow colours.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Holy poo poo! what a finish.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Almost a sick last minute finish

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wait was there a point deduction? I had to step out for a minute during that fight so those scorecards are confusing

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

No, I'm guessing they just ruled round 2 a 10-8 because Taira was on top of him for like 4 minutes of the round.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Brut posted:

Wait was there a point deduction? I had to step out for a minute during that fight so those scorecards are confusing

Commentary said that between rounds 1 and 2, Herb issued warning for Chairez' toes in the cage (and also for the near 12-6 elbows Taira was throwing) but nothing about a point.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Lmao at jones winning fighter of the year

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

drat you can still see the scar on Robbie's mouth from that fight

CarlCX posted:

No, I'm guessing they just ruled round 2 a 10-8 because Taira was on top of him for like 4 minutes of the round.

Ah that's surprising, I missed most of that round though so :shrug:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Make it count, Robbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Make it count, Robbie.

he loving did