Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Only cowards vote after the co-main: Who're the champions after tonight?
This poll is closed.
Alexander Volkanovski / Brandon Moreno 8 61.54%
Alexander Volkanovski / Alexandre Pantoja 3 23.08%
Yair Rodriguez / Brandon Moreno 1 7.69%
Yair Rodriguez / Alexandre Pantoja 1 7.69%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Good morning friends, wonderful to be here again with you all for a day of violence. May your beers be cold, your wings be hot and there be blood for the blood gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh Wow, did not expect that!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just saw the overhand right that Aguilar uncorked and holy poo poo. Flyweights don't usually knock someone into the shadow dimension like that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus. Talk about overwhelming violence of action. Chick got loving mauled.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Japan vs Mexico is not a combination I've seen a lot of in MMA really.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chariez has that build that sometimes leads to just incredible knockout power for dudes with clean technique.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chairez is in big trouble if Taira gets that leg free.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He's got a nice double leg.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Impressive top control.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

I think they have the option of tight shorts, but probably not long ones if that's what you mean

Yeah Aoiki used to wear ankle length long tights. Particularly in bright and rainbow colours.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Holy poo poo! what a finish.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BRUTAL BOB I loving LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Classic Robbie Lawler dirty boxing too. loving love to see it. Well loving done.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lid posted:

Robbie Lawler is the only man Nick Diaz is man enough to admit he feared striking with.

And Nick has fought some loving hitters too Paul Daley, Anderson Silva, Takanori Gomi, Cyborg - just a who's who of dudes who can shut the lights out and Robbie was still more dangerous.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Everything is beautiful, nothing hurts.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

delightful posted:

Other than Nunez and Lawler, who has had a successful final fight? Is there a top 5 retirement fights?

In my mind I can only think of the people who retired after losing so it seems like a mostly sad event.

Nate Diaz getting a submission with 2:0 loving 9 on the clock is the best thing in MMA history.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lid posted:

that i watch this sport and have to hear these dregs cheer for Trump makes me want to rethink my life

Enjoy the sport for the reasons you enjoy it and don't worry about the clowns.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn Bo Nickal

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Right in the dick n balls

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

These guys have almost the same style in most of what they do and wouldn't see many opponents with the same game and build at 155, makes for a real interesting match up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jalin's in real trouble.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Contender for card of the year so far.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How has the world's dumbest loving judge Adelade Byrd still been allowed to continue doing dumb poo poo. I feel like she's been loving up the most obvious decisions for 20 years now.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DC usually calls a fight pretty well but I think he's dumb as poo poo with his calls during this round. Whittaker is winning every single exchange in the striking and he's talking up how well Du Plessis is doing? bizarre.

Edit: I know Du PLessis got the best of the exchange at the end there and was in the better position but still until that TD I thought Whittaker was cruising.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Whittakers corner is seeing it too now but there's been a big opening for an uppercut in these exchanges for whittaker.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress, that's some power in close. I did not see that happening.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Adesenya that's pretty gross dude.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lid posted:

*deep sigh*

because this entire build up is about which of them is True African as DuPlessis has been very loudly stating he is real African while Izzy is a New Zealander who pretends.

The level of white supremacy, apartheid and the real loving deep nuances that come from a white guy with a Dutch name telling a black Nigerian he isnt a real African is going to be eye gougingly painful

Both of them should drop it.

There's no victory in the game of who can be the bigger bigot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't see this one going the distance.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I've got it 2 - 1 to Pantoja fwiw.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't know how the judges are going to score this round but I feel like it'll be the lynch pin round. Moreno smashed him standing by Pantoja was able to stall for a long time with the grappling and effectively take the striking away.

Somehow Moreno looks like the winning fighter so far but he's probably lost 3 rounds.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This reminds me of Volk v makhachev where Pantoja has done enough to win the rounds but he's losing the fight under pride rules and will struggle to survive the 5th.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Moreno needs to loving GO! He can't wait. He needs to drown him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Pantoja has taken this but I think we need another fight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CommonShore posted:

the problem with that is that Pantoja is 2-0 vs Moreno going into this. This is their trilogy already.

I think that the most recent fight that everyone's actually seen was close enough the history won't matter.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Wonder what happened that Alex is coming in pre-bruised on his cheek. That's pretty rare

Grappling training iirc he copped a head clash id assume.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brut posted:

What the gently caress is DC talking about?

Not even he knows. JFC he should know not to eat Joe Rogan's gummy bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He aint pretty no more