Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Only cowards vote after the co-main: Who're the champions after tonight?
This poll is closed.
Alexander Volkanovski / Brandon Moreno 8 61.54%
Alexander Volkanovski / Alexandre Pantoja 3 23.08%
Yair Rodriguez / Brandon Moreno 1 7.69%
Yair Rodriguez / Alexandre Pantoja 1 7.69%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This is exactly what you want out of a curtain jerker in the UFC. Great fight between two talented but flawed guys, after that I want to see how they develop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Deaded.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Funny when the commentators basically say "this is regional league quality".

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Incredibly happy to see Lawler go out on a high note. Most fun WW champ of all time.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Crazy fight. We might see some interesting scorecards, but I have 29-28 Hooker.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Dan's giggle is sending me.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Wait round 3? That's even worse

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

War Whittaker, forever!

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

BlindSite posted:

DC usually calls a fight pretty well but I think he's dumb as poo poo with his calls during this round. Whittaker is winning every single exchange in the striking and he's talking up how well Du Plessis is doing? bizarre.

Edit: I know Du PLessis got the best of the exchange at the end there and was in the better position but still until that TD I thought Whittaker was cruising.

Same, it was annoying. Idk how anyone watches that as anything but Whittaker nearly dominating the striking.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

gently caress. I'm sad.

At least MW has a good new contender.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Volk seems primed to start to draw if he wins this fight. The stacked card in the UFC drought has brought a ton of eyes.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Great round

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

This is already a FOTY contender and we have up to two rounds left

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

BlindSite posted:

I don't know how the judges are going to score this round but I feel like it'll be the lynch pin round. Moreno smashed him standing by Pantoja was able to stall for a long time with the grappling and effectively take the striking away.

Somehow Moreno looks like the winning fighter so far but he's probably lost 3 rounds.

I think Moreno took the 4th. Pantoja didn't get much done on the ground, just a bit of control, and the ground wasn't all one sided. Moreno heavily outstruck him and did a bunch of damage.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I think 3-2 Pantoja, but only the first two were clear either way.

I don't place too much weight on it in general but the UFC sig strikes stat seems way off this time.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Yeah. I'd rather see some new contenders get title shots while Moreno rattles off a win or two before getting another chance.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Wonder what happened that Alex is coming in pre-bruised on his cheek. That's pretty rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

VOLK VOLK VOLK what a goddamn king, the only round where Yair was having some real success is the one he gets finished in.