Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

when i was really young my granny had a lovely white cat called smudge. me and my sister called him "poo cat", because we were too young to say "pussycat" properly and the nickname stuck and the poor dude was known as Poo Cat for the rest of his life lol

My 92 year old grandmother has a cat for company she calls [n-word] Jim. It's really uncomfortable to be over there. :geno:

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

My 92 year old grandmother has a cat for company she calls [n-word] Jim. It's really uncomfortable to be over there. :geno:

You should be proud that your grandmother was one of The Dambusters.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Das Boo posted:

Wolfgang Alex

AKA Wolf, The Wolf, Wolfie, Woof, Wolfenstein, White Boy, Bunny Brain

He's a fuggin' precious baby boy is what he is.

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Your mother is HP Lovecraft?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

speaking of racist cat names (:stonklol:), one of my cats was named Kabbage at the shelter, which i thought was a cute name but wasn't sure why they spelled it with a K

apparently she came in with siblings. her brother who was still at the same shelter was named Kebab. i don't know for sure if/how many other there were in her group, but kinda suspecting someone was going for the triple K

the shelter is in FL on the edge of the suburbs/rural transition and there are a ton of super racist people here

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Girlfriend's cat is named Bille (Norwegian for beetle) and his nicknames include but are absolutely not limited to:

Billyboy
Billefar
My Son!
The child
The void
The boy
You little fucker
Stinky little bastard man
Cheeky little fucker
Bill
Halt! Criminal!
Citizen
Toebeans!
Beeeaaaaans

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i still have a bad habit of referring to my cats as "chip chip", something i picked up from watching too much tim and eric a decade ago :cripes:

not that it's a bad show, but i should've been more on guard about letting anything from it slip into my vocabulary

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

my cats have human names, though it has not always been so

https://twitter.com/brittanymeansit/status/1514382105475657732?lang=sv

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Goon pets are more adorable than average pets, this appears to be a scientific empirical fact.

Sully, named after the tomboyish knight cavalier from Fire Emblem Awakening because I'm a dweeb

Nicknames include but are not limited to:
Sully-belly (like silly-billy but not), booty-butt, moo-moo, moop-moop, moobums, smoobums, etc.

edit for accuracy

edit2:

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Antoine Charles Louis, Comte de Lasalle

aka lasalle, sal, sally, salad, salvatore

I didn't know it was genetically possible for male torties to exist

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 10, 2023

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
Margin

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My coworker talks about 2 housemate cats she knew named Chicken and Kitchen. I feel like this is peak cat name for me.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

This is my old man simba. He's 13 but still spry.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Government Handjob posted:

Girlfriend's cat is named Bille (Norwegian for beetle) and his nicknames include but are absolutely not limited to:

Billyboy
Billefar
My Son!
The child
The void
The boy
You little fucker
Stinky little bastard man
Cheeky little fucker
Bill
Halt! Criminal!
Citizen
Toebeans!
Beeeaaaaans

I thought the implication was clear but I need to some names attached to cat faces.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Three Olives posted:

I thought the implication was clear but I need to some names attached to cat faces.

This is cat doxxing thread if that wasn't previously clear.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Pickle puss

Frank.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
M3gan

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

If I see your cat imma pet it. Then my eyes will get extremely bloodshot and irritated.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Saalkin posted:

If I see your cat imma pet it. Then my eyes will get extremely bloodshot and irritated.

take a zyrtec

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Bula Vinaka posted:

take a zyrtec

I will not take your brain rotting pills!!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

This is Moe. He was born with two brothers, Larry and Curly. They had already been adopted by the time I got to him, but I kept the name because he's a complete stooge and I love him.

Moe
Moseph
Moses
Mojangles
Mo Jo Jo Jo
Moe Berry
Moe Berry Bush
Moe B Kittyman

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

speaking of racist cat names (:stonklol:), one of my cats was named Kabbage at the shelter, which i thought was a cute name but wasn't sure why they spelled it with a K

apparently she came in with siblings. her brother who was still at the same shelter was named Kebab. i don't know for sure if/how many other there were in her group, but kinda suspecting someone was going for the triple K

the shelter is in FL on the edge of the suburbs/rural transition and there are a ton of super racist people here

It’s possible but I’ve volunteered a bunch with dog rescues and it’s extremely common to give siblings that come in together all names that start with the same letter, sometimes with odd spellings. If it’s a high volume shelter they need to get creative sometimes so that every animal has a different name. Also sometimes they’ll intentionally misspell the name to try to drive more interest on PetFinder etc.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

YeahTubaMike posted:

--I didn't know it was genetically possible for male torties to exist

It's something like 1 in a few thousand. I've seen a handful, but the few calicos/torties I was close with were all females. Rest in peace Sneakers, who I'd frequently call Stinkers.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Skimbleshanks

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

Three Olives posted:

Sorry 3O I'm on vacation and I do not have any pictures of Billy Void on my phone (also for some reason I can't figure out how to allow Awful access to my pictures) I'll try to remember to post a picture when I get home.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

PinheadSlim posted:

This is Moe. He was born with two brothers, Larry and Curly. They had already been adopted by the time I got to him, but I kept the name because he's a complete stooge and I love him.

And he has grey hair like Moe from The Simpsons, so it's perfect!

Grey Cat posted:

It's something like 1 in a few thousand. I've seen a handful, but the few calicos/torties I was close with were all females. Rest in peace Sneakers, who I'd frequently call Stinkers.

Huh, you learn something new every day.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Male torts are also all sterile due to having XXY chromosomes.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

apologies, there seems to be some confusion regarding my cat. she is female despite being named after the great hussar general, capturer of the fortress at stettin with only a handful of horsemen

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
My cat's name is Horse AKA cat

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Clarence, AKA
Dingus
Ding dong
Little jerk
Stinker
Smelly boi

Bella AKA
Boo Boo
Miss B
The Duchess
Trundles
Trundlebus

Shithouse Dave fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 15, 2023

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Wiz
AKA Weezy
AKA Wizford
AKA Wiz Khalifa
AKA Wizzy Bear
AKA Special Agent Dale Cooper

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

KItty Fantastico

.random
May 7, 2007

What I think I appreciate most about the cat names thread is how many nicknames people give their cats because they know their cats won’t acknowledge them anyway, so may as well call your cat whatever makes you happy :shobon:

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
J.Wellington Cat III, C.E.O.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Butters
AKA Butts, Butt Butt, Butter Butt, Bubba, Bubba Butt, Butter Beans, Bub Bub, Butter Baby, Big Sis Butts

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Mister Speaker posted:

Wiz
AKA Weezy
AKA Wizford
AKA Wiz Khalifa
AKA Wizzy Bear
AKA Special Agent Dale Cooper

Wiz Khalifa's Spina Bifida

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Name your cat Foot

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Mr cheezle (rip big booty baby boy)

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

This is Pinot, aka Little One, Little Girl, Bitchcat, or Chorizo.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Luna and Squeaky are our current resident felines.

I miss Scuzzbopper.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

My cats are named Lola and Holly and they are dignified and proper ladies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

A new cat has entered my life. The shelter named him Richard, but I wouldn't mind changing that up for too-online reasons.