Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

wesleywillis posted:

Some really sticky rear end tape to hopefully prevent that in the future.

Put everything back together, hooked the box back up to the drill and it worked.

SUCCESS!!

This still doesn't address the issue of the fuse that keeps blowing, but until I can get a schematic from the manufacturer I can't do much but keep replacing fuses when necessary and hope that things don't burn down in the mean time.

An intermittent connection like that could blow the fuse. Also, this is why electronics-grade silicone adhesive was invented, or hot glue, lol.

I can't believe I missed this thread. The title doesn't help. I used to do a ton of sediment sampling underwater, mostly vibracoring and trad grab/box cores. Drill rigs were always around, but I never had the desire to learn about them. Geoprobe rig on a small barge with some crusty dudes from Maine, drilling holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

wesleywillis posted:

I've been thinking of getting something that'll just hook over the centre tube and the flights will pull it along as it turns.

I think that red poo poo is the glue you're talking about. The manufacturer suggested that might be the case as well (about the fuse) but its a wireless remote.

Yeah, the thread title isn't particularly alluring but eh, whatever.

We've got a couple Geo Probe 6620s. One currently getting refurbished and one that some idiot I work with allowed to over heat and cracked the head. So its getting a new engine.

It looks like insulating varnish, which gets used like that, specifically on hardware. It doesn't do well on big connectors which see lots of impact (like a wireless remote).