Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed this one a lot. I agree with GazChap that there's a very Kojima-esque feel to some of the story; maybe it doesn't go quite as far as he would, but we do get Gabriel wearing a cyborg slumber mask. That'll probably be important later.

Mostly I was glad we saw Hayley Atwell in an action role again, something I've been waiting for ever since Agent Carter was axed. And Pom Klementieff was quite wonderful too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I do think it was interesting that they apparently had a tie in with Fiat but the Fiat in question is a goofy tiny thing that everyone has trouble steering.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I think there is still an element to the sequels where "the mission" always involves lots of convoluted planning that immediately gets fouled up on contact with reality, it's more an issue of scope creep where the mission changing now means Tom Cruise has to throw himself off the tallest possible structure and not die.

Like there's a bit of the heist movie in these.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
"This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds"
"Your mission, should you choose to accept it"

Basically all that setup has stuck in pop culture for a while

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ethan Takes Manhattan