Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Kill All Cops posted:

Pom absolutely slayed in that pirate coat outfit
I genuinely loved the detail that apart from on the train, she was always wearing a skirt. It was like, that's probably suboptimal from a tactics perspective, and the fact that she chooses to do it anyway gives her a poo poo-ton of character without saying a single word.

Also I really enjoyed the movie, Ethan constantly being in check for a whole movie and never managing to clever double-cross his way out of it was a novel experience. And while we all know Tom Cruise is clearly actively trying to die while making a movie, the big motorcycle jump was so hilariously unecessary. They cut away like ten seconds later and don't even show him approaching the train, he just jumped for the sake of jumping!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Ihmemies posted:

So about Ilsa Faust and the 2nd part:

What is her role in the 2nd part if she’s like, really dead? They didn’t even have a funeral! I refuse to believe Ilsa is dead and they have only some flashbacks in the pt2.
It probably doesn't help that I watched John Wick Chapter 2 literally a day before seeing the movie (so part of my brain was going WHERE IS ALL THE BLOOD and DOUBLE-TAP THEM YOU MORONS during the gunfights), but it did sure prime me to notice that nobody actually took the knife out of Ilsa. Not that these movies have more than a nodding acquaintance with reality in the best case, but still. That looked survivable.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

If Tom Cruise does keep making these, they're going to have to eventually transition him to an elder statesman/chief role just because, y'know, linear time exists, so there's definitely a middle ground here of "keep Ethan around but let's start focus-testing a new main character for a few movies".

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I liked when John Woo did one and just leaned way into self-parody. Flutter those doves, Woo.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

Like there's a bit of the heist movie in these.
Much in the way that the sun is a bit hard to look at, yes.