Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I respect that because at the very least it avoids the feeling that he just casts hot actresses in these so he can make out with them. He has control and ownership of the franchise so as the lead actor its a pretty respectful move especially considering the actresses are much much younger than him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Loved it. Not quite as good as Fallout but this was everything I love and expect from an MI film.

I will agree the retcon of the IMF being super shadowy was really dumb and contradicts so much in the past 3 movies. It makes NO sense that the Director of National Intelligence wouldn't know what the IMF is.

And yeah pretty bummed about Ilsa. I get her schedule was probably insane with Silo and Dune 2 but it really crushed me she didn't make it until the end.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

Risutora posted:

the reason they present imf like they do is because after baldwin kicked it in the last movie the entire agency is just ethan and his buddies and everyone is just really embarrassed about it. the guy at the start wasnt even an agent, he was just a food delivery guy hired by kittridge. thats why he was so bad with the code word stuff.

i hope harley quinn returns in the next one, she was fun

I think he was an agent, at least a very very new employee, because Ethan specifically tells him "You made the right choice" as in he made The Choice.

Also this retconning of the IMF in that its made up of former government agents who broke some kind of law and choose between the IMF and prison is 100% seeds to set up the franchise beyond Tom Cruise.