Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It didn't make national news but the only suspect in the 1982 Tylenol murders dies.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-tylenol-james-lewis-dies-20230710-tzzcoedaareazprveofqw732km-story.html

You can read the full article but basically they suspected this guy because he claims to have worked on the extortion letter 3 days before the murders actually started. He went to prison for a long time for extortion but they were never able to prove he did it. He also explained in detail how he would have done it. I mean I think he did it. Looking at his drawings he had detailed explanation on how it occured but they could never quite pen it on him.

Oh and this wasn't his first murder, one of his clients was found dismembered in his attic, but he got free because the charges were dropped because they didn't read him his rights.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
He’ll never cure the headache of a major corporation

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Guy was just a all around total psycho.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also DIE-lenol was right there

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
Certainly not child-safe

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hollismason posted:

Oh and this wasn't his first murder, one of his clients was found dismembered in his attic, but he got free because the charges were dropped because they didn't read him his rights.

yo that's wild

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

tylenol, not even once

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
swimmin in women with the acetaminophen

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Tylenlol

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
lol he even wrote an 'if I DID IT' style book

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also DIE-lenol was right there

acetamino-DEAD

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Driftingmouse, give Hollis' account back.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

severe liver damage much?

take an aspirin or an ibuprofen, goddamn

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

There's no proof that this ever happened, it's pure media hysteria. Go back to enjoying your McTylenol happy meals and your Coca-Tylenol, packaged goods are completely safe.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

He's the reason we have tamper proof medicine now.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
There was some goon years ago that claimed their relative was the tylenol guy, but it wasn't whoever the op is talking about

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Pimpcasso posted:

There was some goon years ago that claimed their relative was the tylenol guy, but it wasn't whoever the op is talking about

I actually remember this but I can't remember what the circumstances were.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

He loves his awesome wife

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hmm, apparently he attacked his adoptive parents and was also a rapist. i think this guy may have been mentally unwell.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I mean when he was confronted in a sting operation they were like "Yeah if you look at the dates you claim to have written the extortion letter 3 days before people were murdered" and his response was just like "Oh man that's strange". Then the cops were like "Welp nothing we can do"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
This guy sounds like a real pill!

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Don’t take tylenol or any of that poo poo - smoke a fat blunt instead

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

This guy sounds like a real pill!

lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Hollismason posted:

I mean when he was confronted in a sting operation they were like "Yeah if you look at the dates you claim to have written the extortion letter 3 days before people were murdered" and his response was just like "Oh man that's strange". Then the cops were like "Welp nothing we can do"

cops: ah man due to this very small technicality we have to let off this obvious murderer who is holding a bloody knife and wearing a shirt that says "lol i murder people" (this isn't just in reference to this thread, this is in reference to literally every single serial killer that has ever existed as well)

also cops: we have murdered this black man who was using a sidewalk

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Jelly posted:

cops: ah man due to this very small technicality we have to let off this obvious murderer who is holding a bloody knife and wearing a shirt that says "lol i murder people" (this isn't just in reference to this thread, this is in reference to literally every single serial killer that has ever existed as well)

also cops: we have murdered this black man who was using a sidewalk

He literally drew figures and diagrams on how it was done and gave them to the cops.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Is he related to ice cream licker lady?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the serial killers never scare the cops so they're not allowed to shoot them

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
his ashes will be placed in an urn and a foil seal glued to the top to prevent anyone from tampering with his cremains

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the cremains should be pressed into pills

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

the cremains should be pressed into pills

Suppositories

Jun 22, 2023
Congratulations your thread made Thread of The Day for 7/10/23! it was the only approved new thread for 7/10/23

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

R.I.P. Burn in hell.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

7 people poisoned in Chicago, and roughly 500 murders a year since 1982 so 20,000 regular murders. Yep, get the cold case squad on it.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

im glad hes dead

Jul 11, 2023
500 murders a year and a 4 year waiting list for public housing

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Hollismason posted:

I thought this wasn’t a thing unless their entire case rested on something he said without being read his rights.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Sophy Wackles posted:

I thought this wasn’t a thing unless their entire case rested on something he said without being read his rights.

They literally dropped all charges the day before the trial would begin because the Judge found he hadn't been read his rights. Like they were going to trial and he been charged with murder.

It can't be understated the DOJ concludes that he did it but they don't have the evidence to take him to trial.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you for this thread, OP. This information will be helpful for me to fill in some holes in the evidence I've been examining Please keep me updated on any further developments regarding the 1982 Tylenol murders.