Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 89 days!
I have been posting for years

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/349993748/#350000816

I will speedrun to get banned by rejoicing in your coming death. Temperature will fall and all of you will die.

My oil production predictions were made in 2020

https://peakoil.com/forums/new-wolfcamp-data-t78034.html

Note that eia faked 1m barrels and contradicts rrc, after that I got everything right.

All of you will die, it can't be stopped. I will be banned fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
taking a peak at yr tight oil

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
for real though readers of this thread don't miss the peakoil.com forums slapfights

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020
pee coil

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
6 months? do i really have to wait that long?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
My mind has been transported back in time to 2006 D&D

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I like all the charts that look normal until the present date and then just mysteriously drop to zero for no apparent reason

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Dominic you rat! How could you make your own brother die of peak oil in 6mo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

vyelkin posted:

I like all the charts that look normal until the present date and then just mysteriously drop to zero for no apparent reason

I make charts for a living and can confirm their veracity.

I'll see you all on peakoil/forums.com - where jokes aren't illegal

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

croup coughfield posted:

I have been posting for years

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

vyelkin posted:

the reason is peak oil you illiterate piece of poo poo

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
As a car this is deeply concerning

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Peak oil is my t zone

copy
Jul 26, 2007

*glancing at the graphs and then carefully rearranging my various crystals/talismans. checking again to see how the charts reacted* you can do this dude. you can save the world

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

troubling

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i remember when i thought peak oil was going to kill us all in 6 months back in 2004 and i was right

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

meh, gotta die from something

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I've been dead from it for years

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Anyone you read about this besides me is pretty much irrelevant, nobody predicted the tar stupidity and so forth.
Oil reserves have been well known since the 70s, it is easy to predict everything that happened, the actual oil has already run out and now they are tapping very marginal things like tar. So those predictions are only correct on accident because they were able to extend the reserves a little more with stuff that is barely oil.
Russia imports a lot of oil, it also exports a lot of condensate which means manual labor to handle propane or some inefficient process. Russian growth is already slowing even if their oil mattered it will decline.
Europe only gets about a fifth of its total energy supply from Russia and much of that is condensate, the bulk of the light oil comes from Saudi Arabia in almost every country.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

vyelkin posted:

Laffer does it and people take it seriously but this guy does it and everyone points out you can’t just insert numbers into the general shape of a trend and call it science.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

in fact a lot of those graphs start years after i was told oil production will definitely crater and we will all die

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

copy posted:

*glancing at the graphs and then carefully rearranging my various crystals/talismans. checking again to see how the charts reacted* you can do this dude. you can save the world

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

oh yeah check that tight oil in those salt domes

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Someone check the dip stick

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

what's the EROI on a nuclear plant?
as OP has pointed out in earlier threads, nuclear plants take a shitload of concrete, which uses tons and tons of portland cement, which takes a shitload of energy to produce.
iirc, the EROI on nuclear is about 3:1, which is honestly just dogshit.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Dying with peak oil, not of peak oil

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Crazypoops posted:

Someone check the dip stick

going to market a lube for athletes called peak oil

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Tight oil vs wack oil

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Dinosaurs had the last laugh

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
underrated part of the first thread was the 4chan screenshot saying the two causes of death after peak oil would be disease and gang wars

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

just learned i'm going to die some day, kinda freaking out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo. This is huge

Argentum
Feb 6, 2011
UGLY LIKE BOWEL CANCER

Crazypoops posted:

Dinosaurs had the last laugh

Human beings had it coming for underestimating the dinosaurs. They were cool as gently caress and fought with each other & ate leaves. humans are cringe bc they spend their lives paying rent & being aggressive to each other online instead of being chill like the dinos

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

lumpentroll posted:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I bet we just left it somewhere it'll turn up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

vyelkin posted:

underrated part of the first thread was the 4chan screenshot saying the two causes of death after peak oil would be disease and gang wars

the majority of the population will either be Blacked or be angry bleeding wojack

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

I like this part:

quote:

You constantly ramble on about everything and when I ask you for statistic and proof your answer is always the same... "I have posted tons of news articles!"... gently caress you and gently caress the news. I don't know if you have noticed but the news is bullshit. Give me industry information and gently caress off with this gay search my id poo poo. Namefags deserve the rope.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

I like this part:

lol

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I’m letting out some loose oil as we speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020