Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Certainly reminded of this comic during the bullet catching ouroboros chat:

I will say I definitely appreciate Remake Leon's instincts to just shoot the bad guys while they're prattling instead of letting them finish politely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That was a great burn on Saddler.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My vote is locked in on the strength of "Krauser knife battle scene narration" for this year's LP Academy Awards :five:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I love when a character suddenly can jump 10m straight up out of nowhere in cutscenes when, in the rest of the game, a grandma in a mobility walker can jump further than they can.

This is usually balanced out by characters dying to a single bullet in cutscenes when, in the rest of the game, they can eat bullets fired directly into their face like they were candy.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I'm pretty sure you don't switch to Krausers knife at this point, you just steal his knife for later use. Leon keeps using his own knife for normal combat.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

stryth posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't switch to Krausers knife at this point, you just steal his knife for later use. Leon keeps using his own knife for normal combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNuWY7_W4s

Turns out you're right! I can't remember exactly where I first heard that Leon and Krauser allegedly switch knives, but it stuck with me ever since.

Glad to know I got something wrong in this, a Let's Play where the three of us have never ever made a mistake or said a falsehood :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

theenglishman posted:

Glad to know I got something wrong in this, a Let's Play where the three of us have never ever made a mistake or said a falsehood :v:

There are three let's players. One always tells the truth, one always lies, and one does both. How do you identify which let's player is which

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Krauser's arm injury is a reference to the old canon, where it was the excuse for why he went full villain because his arm injury ended his career as a soldier and he just didn't have any other real purpose to his life.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

liquidypoo posted:

There are three let's players. One always tells the truth, one always lies, and one does both. How do you identify which let's player is which

Flip a coin, one will tell you what it landed on, the second will be wrong, the third will fail to notice the coin at all despite looking straight at it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The shootout halfway through the video looks like the worst knockoff of American Gladiator.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Krauser with the single Bio-weapon arm looks like he should be a guest character in the next Soul Caliber

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How have I played this game since launch, and never heard a mention that gyro controls were available?! Nintendo has gotten me on board with it being the superior control option, but I never think to look for it because almost nobody else does it :negative:

Also, parasite jokes aside, remake Krauser totally gave me Metal Gear vibes the whole time, it's like he stepped right out of that franchise. My favorite little detail is his DEATH/GLORY patch featuring himself as a chibi skull and crossknives, which I can only assume is a homemade attempt to give himself more flair.

I love it, and it also feels like something a Metal Gear character has to have done at some point.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Also, parasite jokes aside, remake Krauser totally gave me Metal Gear vibes the whole time, it's like he stepped right out of that franchise. My favorite little detail is his DEATH/GLORY patch featuring himself as a chibi skull and crossknives, which I can only assume is a homemade attempt to give himself more flair.

I love it, and it also feels like something a Metal Gear character has to have done at some point.

He's the Great Value brand, knife themed version of Revolver Ocelot: Bowie-knife Bobcat. Played here by 1984 era Rutger Hauer

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Here are some of the conspiracy-wall textures from that one room on the island in the original Resident Evil 4, remade with the HD Project mod:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Krauser in those close-ups looks like a cross between Gary Busey and - poo poo, I was going to saw the guy from Starship Troopers who got his hand knifed to the wall, but guess what - his name is Jake Busey.

So, yeah, Krauser is the unknown Busey Boy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Krauser in those close-ups looks like a cross between Gary Busey and - poo poo, I was going to saw the guy from Starship Troopers who got his hand knifed to the wall, but guess what - his name is Jake Busey.

So, yeah, Krauser is the unknown Busey Boy.

He inherited the family teeth and you didn't know he was a Busey?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

CzarChasm posted:

Krauser with the single Bio-weapon arm looks like he should be a guest character in the next Soul Caliber

Yeahh, he could be the new Nightmare

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Oh yeah, the flying bugs still exist.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

Oh yeah, the flying bugs still exist.

They're called helicopters :rolleyes:

Mike feels so weird in this game, like, I've been hit by friendly fire so many times that I kinda feel like I would've done better without tactical support. Could he even do that in the original? I was thinking he just kind of vaguely did stuff off in the distance or in specific cutscenes when you got to advance, but maybe I've just lost track of how it worked.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
He would occasionally machine gun random mooks. It was cool

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Captain Hygiene posted:

They're called helicopters :rolleyes:

Mike feels so weird in this game, like, I've been hit by friendly fire so many times that I kinda feel like I would've done better without tactical support. Could he even do that in the original? I was thinking he just kind of vaguely did stuff off in the distance or in specific cutscenes when you got to advance, but maybe I've just lost track of how it worked.
He was more Rule of Cool and you had reason to mourn his loss.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

still laughing at the grenade doinking off that guy's shin and then still exploding midair to kill him

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Sent him flying.

Unlike Mike.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Helicopter pilot is the job with the highest death rate in this universe

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 11, 2023

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think Umbrella employee since they are everywhere.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They really gave you a lot of yellow herbs. I forgot if you were able to max out your health in one play in the OG.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

They really gave you a lot of yellow herbs. I forgot if you were able to max out your health in one play in the OG.

You can max out Leon’s health in one run in OGRE4 but I don’t think you can do the same for Ashley.

I suspect the remake gives you more yellow herbs because it wants you to sell red+green+yellow mixtures, and weigh the options on whether to use them in battle and lose that money.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

this has nothing to do with resident evil but when i saw the lab computer screen i was compelled to make this

iykyk

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am surprised Sandler didn't inject Ada with the parasite before baiting Leon to the fight and send her back to her operator.
It seems like a pattern that when enemies explode when dead that you will end up fighting a whole bunch of them at once later.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I like how the pilot was just "Okay, sure whatever".

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

Cooked Auto posted:

I like how the pilot was just "Okay, sure whatever".

"Well, better this than ending up like that Mike guy."

Considering the fatality rate on helicopter pilots in the REverse, he's just happy to have survived the game. :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, I was thinking buddy, I don't even get a lunch break, you point a gun at me and I'll fly this thing wherever :shrug:

Anyway, this has been a great revisit of a game that holds up over tons of replays. I hope you all go through the DLC but it's been fun either way, thanks for putting in the time and effort.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

yeah, thanks for showing the game off! looking forward to whatever's next, whether it's more content for RE4R or something different :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Some might say Adam Saddler's greatest accomplishment is his filmography. Others, his ability to extrude 5 tonnes of tentacles and claws from his body.

For me, though, it's his ability to speak with his mouth full of eyeball.