Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh sweet, I played through the game three times in a row and watched an LP of it and I'm ready for more, it's just that good!

That's funny, it's been long enough that I forgot that was a real currency and assumed the gamedevs just made the name up to sound close to something real. Second biggest RE4 revelation after the moment I found out spinels exist in real life :v:

Well, in real life Spain switched from the peseta to the Euro in 2002, so it makes sense that a small, rural town like this would still be using the old currency even two years later.

And maybe peseta sounds made-up because Mexico's currency is the peso.

The currency in RE5 is real as well (₦, the Nigerian naira).

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

e: as much as I loved inventory tetris, I shamefully admit to using the autosort button too much now. Hats off to whoever got to design that algorithm, in their own way they're the greatest inventory tetriser who ever lived 🫡

YES THANK YOU SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

There is so much hatred towards hats in these remakes.

These remakes are to hats what RE7 and 8 are to Ethan’s hands.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Since we're on the subject of RE4 and quick-time events, I might as well link to this, one of the only genuinely funny stand-up comedy bits about video games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZsDUSxK5Fs

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

Something I've wondered about RE4, but the remake specifically - Do headshots increase the chance of a Ganado spawning a plagas head? Is it random? Or is it a seed thing?

Not sure about remake but in classic RE4 headshots have no effect on whether an enemy will sprout Las Plagas. It’s all RNG when the room is loaded, aside from specific enemies which will always have it.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Pour one out for everyone’s favourite Packers fan.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Oh boy it’s this episode :allears:

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

liquidypoo posted:

Okay so watching this back, I made some comment about being surprised that some cultists were missing. Uhh, nevermind the fact that Argate sniped them before even starting the sequence; all three of us just seemed to have forgotten that :v:

Recording commentary and paying attention to a video at the same time is harder than it looks!

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Trying to connect the dots from point A to point B is hard! Especially on the first editing pass, the commentary pass and then the second editing pass!!

Remember that time we nearly lost a whole video's worth of commentary because my computer crashed right at the end? That was fun.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

You know, just last night we were literally trying to figure out what to do in a month or so when we finish the campaign. :v:

Ada's gameplay looks pretty sick at least.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

In the time since we recorded this, I am deep into Season 4 of Arrested Development. It's a good show!

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

We will never stop making fun of No-Panty-Shots Steam Review Guy.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

So unfortunately, no wacky farce where there's an ever expanding crisscrossing line of related agents diving in front of machine gun fire

I would gladly watch that sitcom.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

stryth posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't switch to Krausers knife at this point, you just steal his knife for later use. Leon keeps using his own knife for normal combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNuWY7_W4s

Turns out you're right! I can't remember exactly where I first heard that Leon and Krauser allegedly switch knives, but it stuck with me ever since.

Glad to know I got something wrong in this, a Let's Play where the three of us have never ever made a mistake or said a falsehood :v:

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Here are some of the conspiracy-wall textures from that one room on the island in the original Resident Evil 4, remade with the HD Project mod:

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

They really gave you a lot of yellow herbs. I forgot if you were able to max out your health in one play in the OG.

You can max out Leon’s health in one run in OGRE4 but I don’t think you can do the same for Ashley.

I suspect the remake gives you more yellow herbs because it wants you to sell red+green+yellow mixtures, and weigh the options on whether to use them in battle and lose that money.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

This some of the only known footage of the old RE4 Hook Man version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUFM3EmXMJY

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Not to worry folks, we are hard at work recording commentary.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

:ssh: they spliced the main LP audio under the new commentary here as a goof

How can you be sure we didn’t suddenly change into adults from a Peanuts cartoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I swear you guys are remake prophets or something.

Capcom Confirms More Resident Evil Remakes Are Coming

Even to this day, Resident Evil 5 is one of the best-selling games in the franchise. Remaking 5, when previous remakes had done so well commercially, is just good business sense.