Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

azren posted:

I'm really liking Ashley better in this version than I did in the original. As a character, I mean. I dunno, she just feels like more of a person.

The Remake making Ashley someone who's way more likable and mature and has a lot more agency is one of the best things about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
"So this drug can only delay a victim becoming a prisoner in their own increasingly shabby corpse, no doubt eventually dying a hideous death when their parasite bursts from their skull?"
"*group laughter*"

Ah, Resident Evil 'verse, never change.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
Honestly, I feel for Ashley here. She's obviously freaked out after having had her body jacked from her, and she's already pretty attached to Leon. It makes sense she'd freak out, she's not a trained killing machine!

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
The red cultists are a good example of how the plagas are made considerably more nightmarish in the remake, given that the cultists scream and clutch their heads in agony and to all appearances do not at all seem jazzed about having worms explode their domes.

Also - the way I find to stealth this room is to go right, wait for the cultists to turn around, and sneak up the stairs to the catwalk so you can drop the chandelier on people. It can be tricky though, since one of the lady cultists is guarding it.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
Krauser's arm injury is a reference to the old canon, where it was the excuse for why he went full villain because his arm injury ended his career as a soldier and he just didn't have any other real purpose to his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011

Shei-kun posted:

drat, dude can make medicine with a box and the power of his mind.

It doesn't work, but he can still do it.

On the one hand, being a biosciences or medical prodigy in the Resident Evil universe almost certainly designates you with a significant trend towards Evil.

On the other hand it allows you to practically warp reality to your whims.