Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

:siren:NO SPOILERS.:siren:
:siren:THIS GAME IS SUPER GORY, DON'T WATCH IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THAT.:siren:

Leon S. Kennedy is back, following his short stint as a cop in Raccoon City during the zombie infestation of 1998! In the years since, Leon has been recruited into the US Secret Service, undergoing rigorous training as an elite agent that answers directly to the President of the United States. Leon's latest mission? Rescue the kidnapped daughter of the President, who was last spotted in Spain Rural Europe.

2005's 4 Resident Evil is quite possibly the most influential title in Capcom's Resident Evil franchise. The game not only revitalized a series that was looking like it was on its way out, it also reinvented itself as a straight action-horror title, providing some of the tightest third-person shooter gameplay ever released up to that point. RE4 more or less wrote the book on modern third-person shooter gameplay, providing a solid foundation that is still rock solid, even today. Despite being almost 20 years old at the time of this writing, the gameplay is still so good that for years, the very idea that 4 Resident Evil would get a remake was a very divisive topic. And then it happened.

Rebuilt from the ground up in the RE Engine, Resident Evil 4 is a modernization of the original title that updates the game for more modern sensibilities. Capcom's RE team has never been one to just throw on a fresh coat of paint and call it a day when it comes to their remakes, however, so they've remixed the content quite a bit so returning players can't just coast on their knowledge of the original game.

This will be an informative LP where I show off whether or not Leon S. Kennedy is a bad enough dude to rescue the president's daughter. We will primarily be looking at the Remake for this LP, with some supplemental footage from the Switch port of the original game where appropriate. For this trip through rural Europe, I am joined by liquidypoo and theenglishman. Updates should be twice a week, but no promises. Just like the other Resident Evil games made in the RE Engine, this game is incredibly gruesome and isn’t afraid to remind you of that! If you’re sensitive to extreme blood and gore, it might be best not to watch the videos, maybe just listen to them in the background. This also bears repeating, :siren:NO SPOILERS:siren:. The original game may be an all time classic, but it was also almost two decades ago so please respect that some people may be coming into this game with a fresh perspective!

Main Campaign
Chapter 01

Chapter 02

Chapter 03

Chapter 04

Chapter 05

Chapter 06

Chapter 07

Chapter 08

Chapter 09

Chapter 10

Chapter 11

Chapter 12

Chapter 13

Chapter 14

Chapter 15

Chapter 16

Separate Ways
Chapter 01

Chapter 02

Chapter 03

Chapter 04

Chapter 05

Chapter 06

Chapter 07

The Mercenaries

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fan Stuff

CzarChasm's got a stash of some local delicacies.

CzarChasm posted:

Ramon base is from Annausagi on Deviant Art. I can't promise there's not some X-rated stuff there.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 1, 2023

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I will say though, Leon's hair looks a lot more brown in your avatar, liquidy. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just wanted to point out the guy throwing the axe hits his friend who put down the bear trap in the back of the head.

But he gets justice a few seconds later, when axe guy steps in the bear trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teEFGLfHako&t=1660s

I will never tire of enemies hurting each other.

That's incredible, I stared at the dude getting caught in a bear trap in editing because I couldn't believe I actually got footage of that but I didn't realize that the whole sequence of events was just ripped from Looney Tunes. :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I should probably source my info, huh? :v:

Here's Nick Apostolides responding to some comments on IGN about RE4, timestamped to his anecdote about the Bingo line. Mild spoilers abound with some of his responses in the rest of the video!
https://youtu.be/eIcKsSC-EUQ?t=125

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

This is an auto-sort-safe zone. :colbert:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Truthfully, it looked like a boar head to me so I just kinda stuck with that. It's not any easier figuring out what kinda head he has during the commentary sessions too, with the really low quality encodes. That footnote I edited when we first saw one was made well after we recorded the village chapters, so presumably if we ever see them again, I'll remember their actual name. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Trying to connect the dots from point A to point B is hard! Especially on the first editing pass, the commentary pass and then the second editing pass!!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Oh my, that's incredible!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I swear I’ve gotten bolt drops here when I wasn’t using the bolt thrower!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

I want to thank you for providing the quintessential RE4 experience by showing the things that were changed/removed around where they would have happened.

I can't believe they took out Leon's best lines!

I wanted to do this with RE3R too but I never got around to actually finishing OGRE3, haha. I also did the compare/contrast thing with Yakuza Kiwami 2 as well, just because I thought it'd be kinda fun to show off some little differences here and there with that remake!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1702430240897970508

You know, just last night we were literally trying to figure out what to do in a month or so when we finish the campaign. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hey let's put the DLC trailer on hold for this thread, we're only starting the last act now!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And as a bonus, here's jobbo_fett with gun handling tips!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

Does fireman do anything when he touches you? How is the Power Scope when used on other enemies?

Going by the original game, Man-on-Fire grabs and hurts you if he breaks the No Touching policy. The Bio Scope is basically a heat detecting scope, so I tend to use it as my default scope of choice because its so much easier to snipe enemies when they are very clearly outlined for you.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hello darkness, my old friend…

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The original RE4 is a beautiful Frankenstein's Monster of disparate bits and bobs from at least three or four different versions of in-development concepts for the game that came together to make a game that was way more than the sum of its parts. On paper, it sounds like the game just should not work but it works so perfectly that I genuinely cannot imagine the original game any other way.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah I believe in cutscenes, Leon always uses the default SG-09, regardless of if he has it or not, which you can see in this very LP as I've sold it before ever hitting the Castle. The choreography on some cutscenes may also be a bit funky with other guns, I'm not sure the RED9 has a slide that would allow Leon to check the chamber the way he does in the Gunkata cutscene.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012