Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

What happens if you put all your guns into storage before the cutscene?

Magic gun appears from nowhere?

Exactly that. In the cutscenes, Leon's always using his customized handgun from the start of the game, regardless of if you've hucked it into storage or sold it off in actual gameplay.

Which is a bit of a callback to the original iteration of 4, where Leon basically had his handgun welded to him regardless of whatever actual weapon you were using when a cutscene hit.

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeah I believe in cutscenes, Leon always uses the default SG-09, regardless of if he has it or not, which you can see in this very LP as I've sold it before ever hitting the Castle. The choreography on some cutscenes may also be a bit funky with other guns, I'm not sure the RED9 has a slide that would allow Leon to check the chamber the way he does in the Gunkata cutscene.

The Red 9's slide is a fiddly thing; due to it being basically internally sleeved by the frame, you need to use both hands for a loading check. There's a good photo on Wikipedia (copied below) showing what the open slide looks like, and about the only way I can see someone doing a one-handed load check on it is if they had a hand like an octopus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

That boat could have been used to fish for Del Lago.

So, for those curious (nobody), I did a bit of digging based on the appearance of the various guns on the ship that Ada promptly demolishes, and the closest real-world comparison is the Spanish Santa Maria class frigate, which has been around from the early 1980's.