Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Leon's tips for proper phone usage:

"Hey, I think I found the president's daughter." - good, good. Concise, informative, professional.

"Attacked by a zombie" - unimportant, irrelevant. Better not bother anyone with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Just wanted to point out the guy throwing the axe hits his friend who put down the bear trap in the back of the head.

But he gets justice a few seconds later, when axe guy steps in the bear trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teEFGLfHako&t=1660s

I will never tire of enemies hurting each other.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 11, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Glad to hear this is going to be a suplex heavy playthrough.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I always thought they were called Quick Time Events because it was like watching a movie, rather than playing a game.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That trapdoor in the saferoom is actually a neat piece of design.

It makes sure the player finds both a save point and clues to the next section of the game. It even builds tension as you know there's some sort of monster waiting for you in the cave.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Time for the Blighttown level.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Resident Evil is exactly the sort of game where I'd expect doing this would drain the fuel and you have to go back and get another jerry can.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Loved the egg of doom.

The total opposite of those old carbon tet fire 'grenades'

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 28, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Leon's looking surprisingly nervous at the end for someone who's just wiped out several small villages worth of people, a fish the size of a bus, and a cow-eating toddler.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Scalding Coffee posted:

Did they turn up the frequency of head whips? It was like half the enemies.

ChaosArgate pissed off the RNG gods.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I feel I missed a joke here, but why do you just call the brutes "Pig Men" when almost all of them have the head of a cow/bull?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Ramón is channelling Londo Mollari big time. Right down to the "Mr Garibaldi"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just wanted to add that I was the kid who got confused by Sauron/Saruman when I first read the books. Aruman would have helped immensely.

There were so many names to remember I just started glossing over them all. So when Saruman did the big face turn and everyone was shocked, it confused the hell out of me because I thought everyone knew he was evil.

To be fair though, I was probably about 8 or 9.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
lol, yeah. That was originally "about face" but I edited the post and didn't fix it up properly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I love insanely convoluted rooms of no discernible purpose.

If I ever get rich, I'm making a cut rate Winchester mansion. There may or may not be weird murderous cultists.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P49ix-1-s4M

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
If you're going to have a hedge maze, at least they had the decency to make it small and simple.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Noodle knight? More like hotdog knight.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Shei-kun posted:

The story ends with him back at home, recovered from his madness, and basically dying a sad man in his bed who regretted causing everyone problems. Kind of a downer ending, but the rest of it is pretty good comedy.

Better than the stage play and film where he's dragged off and tortured by the Inquisition.

edit:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 12, 2023

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Also, how did you go through a minecart sequence, including a bit where you jump over a gap, and not mention Temple of Doom?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I love this update starts with a reminder that the game was definitely made in Japan and ends with a tiny man threatening to suck all of your orifices.

It's 2023, that's not the threat it used to be.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ChaosArgate posted:

And as a bonus, here's jobbo_fett with gun handling tips!

I'm behind, but this was one of the things in John Wick that drove gun people nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za_m4Pu3UQ0&t=3s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I feel like I missed something here - that boat with Ada ride wasn't in the lake where Moby Carp was, was it?

Going from a lovely village, to a castle to a research facility then a big mining area filled with military types is just such a harsh cut.

But it's still all owned by the local vampire plagas king who's controlling everyone?

(and yet the whole massive underground techno-empire in RE: Village never made me bat an eye for some reason)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Thanks for that, it cleared it up a lot. Like ChaosArgate sayd, the game is definitely a "Here are the set pieces, stitch them together in the cutscenes, I don't care how"

quote:

I believe that Salazar is the local royalty (presumably prince regent?), but the guy with the actual influence is Sadler.

This is another thing which was tripping me up. I'm sure it's a rule of fiction to never have your bad guys' names start with the same letter. And, if not, it should be.

I had the same problem as a young child reading Lord of the Rings, with Sauron and Saruman.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Scalding Coffee posted:

Bibidi, Babidi, Buu

Actually, that one was easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNKuARjkWEg&t=18s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
What happens if you put all your guns into storage before the cutscene?

Magic gun appears from nowhere?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I love when a character suddenly can jump 10m straight up out of nowhere in cutscenes when, in the rest of the game, a grandma in a mobility walker can jump further than they can.

This is usually balanced out by characters dying to a single bullet in cutscenes when, in the rest of the game, they can eat bullets fired directly into their face like they were candy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Krauser in those close-ups looks like a cross between Gary Busey and - poo poo, I was going to saw the guy from Starship Troopers who got his hand knifed to the wall, but guess what - his name is Jake Busey.

So, yeah, Krauser is the unknown Busey Boy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Sent him flying.

Unlike Mike.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Some might say Adam Saddler's greatest accomplishment is his filmography. Others, his ability to extrude 5 tonnes of tentacles and claws from his body.

For me, though, it's his ability to speak with his mouth full of eyeball.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

The wording of this makes me wish Saddler had a Sailor Moon-esque transformation

Parasites make me better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jONmfN32lE&t=13s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Goddamn, just realised I never watched the Claire playthrough of RE2 remake.

Does anyone have a link?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Thanks!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
How did I never realise items in the briefcases were 3D objects :psyduck:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I have literally never rotated the suitcase. I am ashamed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
She was being really flirty with Leon. Can't do that if you might accidentally shoot him in the head.

"Walk away right now and, who knows? Maybe you'll live to meet me again. And then I might get you that "greeting" you were looking for."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Appreciate the commentary on how disgusting Ada's sweater-dress must be after splashing about in the sewers.

You know that thing's not going to be dry for the rest of the game.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Did RE invent the "shoot the red/orange glowy bit for pus-exploding extra damage" mechanic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Have to say, the choice of thumbnails so far has been great, but that last one is incredible.