Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

faantastic posted:

Does fast travel beocme a thing at any point? I just had what I assume is a bug at 300' where a cutscene started, it ended and I had gone from ~115 to 40 and was at critical depth... so I died before I could get more oxygen and now I've lost 20 minutes of gameplay which half of the time was just going through all of the areas to get to this spot. The only complaint I have about this entire game is just how loving boring using UV light on worms is, and I assume once I finish this save the princess part it'll bless me with something so I don't need to anymore.

Regarding fast travel:

Once you reach the underwater village you'll unlock a mirror on your boat that lets you teleport there instantly. Also works to transport to the end zone once you've reached it

Regarding the spoilered text:

You get a charm later that lets you go through the worms without a light like the mermaids. Useful for a while but you stop needing to go through that area as much once you have fast travel, I ended up dropping it for more relevant perks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

McCoy Pauley posted:

This is maybe a dumb question, but if I'm out on the boat in the morning before my first dive, can I freely go back and forth to the fish farm, regular farm, and restaurant without losing time? That is, does time pass on the lock only when I dive (or in the evenings when I open the restaurant)?

Yes, you can go between locations as much as you want without advancing time.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Bold Robot posted:

I haven’t been using auto supply much because I want to steer customers to higher-priced dishes. I’m currently at Gold and seem to get 28 customers a night. If I have, say, 20 servings of really valuable dishes and then a bunch of less expensive stuff, I’ll try to prep only 8 dishes of the cheaper stuff. My thinking is that if I set the cheap stuff to auto-supply, customers might order more of that and less of the fancy items. But I have no idea how customers choose what to order so this might not be necessary.

Customers will order whatever is on the menu at random until it's depleted, once everything is sold out they'll start ordering norimaki. You don't have to worry about menu variation, if you have the ingredients to put out 30 servings of your most expensive dish it's generally best to do so. Might have been nice if there was some system where having a more diverse menu would add to your rating but in practice serving cheaper dishes only hurts your bottom line.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Alctel posted:

I thought I read somewhere that lack of variety does actually make ppl mad

Not that I could observe, maybe there's some hidden value that I didn't notice. Towards the end of the game the only thing I was putting on my menu was ~30 servings of the most expensive shark sushi I had and people would order it until it went out of stock, the only time I saw customers leaving angry was when I was too slow serving them. I think the game gives you a set number of customers each night based on your overall progression but they all have infinite money and no personal preferences, as long as there's something left to order they'll do so.

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 21, 2023

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

FFT posted:

Unfortunately the "makes drinks" trait does not work for cocktails, which is annoying. Ideally you want "drink serving", "wasabi refill", and "cleaning master" (Il Nino has "drink serving master" and "cleaning master" and a maximum serving trait of 1033, highly recommend the Lucha Libre guy). Itsuki (the ninja) has drink serving and "irresistible charm" so I've got a luchador and a ninja doing the food running etc. which is great fun.

Apparently there's a guy named Raptor that can cover wasabi and cocktails, might have to try to find him.

Cohhcarnage is a cameo staff member and also gets the cocktail trait, I ended up using him later in the game. Never watched his stream but he seems to get added into a bunch of games as an easter egg.