Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Dave the Diver is a casual, singleplayer adventure RPG featuring deep-sea exploration and fishing during the day and sushi restaurant management at night. Join Dave and his quirky friends as they seek to uncover the secrets of the mysterious Blue Hole.

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256955037/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1687942831

Dave the Diver is a cute little fishing/diving game where the core game loop consists of diving into the blue hole to catch fish by day and serving the fish in a sushi restaurant at night. At first, you have one cook and you serve by yourself. Then you hire employees. Then you start farming. And it keeps going. It honestly keeps adding more and more stuff way beyond what I expected with various minigames every now and then. The core loop is extremely good and fun. You hunt fish then sell sushi and use the money for personal upgrades or employees or a bunch of other stuff. Dave gets a melee, harpoon and gun to start off with although the melee and harpoon only get temporary upgrades underwater while the gun can be customized and upgraded in various ways permanently. The pixel art is incredibly charming and works well even in cutscenes, most of which are hilarious. Every new cutscene is a treat.

I dropped basically all my other games to play this and I'm still not done after 35~ hours. I think my only complaint is that the special drops for upgrading guns can be a bit too grindy and the lack of automation for lategame farming gets tedious. Otherwise, A++++ game, highly recommend. Works perfectly on Steam deck too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Ah yeah, most of the harpoon qtes suck. I wish they'd put in an option to skip them or something. The harpoon caps out on damage really early too. Still, I'm down to buy whatever dlc they make. I can always use more dave in my life.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

There's a dev update for upcoming changes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag_mWy5ElY0

It's got auto complete of qte, mid dive inventory sorting, color blind friendly options, better beluga and various other qol stuff. Looks real good.