Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
if you described the individual elements of this game to me you'd think i'd dislike it, but they do everything just right (except maybe a little more grinding than suits some people i guess)

i do think it could do with a few more swimming areas, but i'm probably not that close to the end, so maybe i'll get some

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

No Mods No Masters posted:

Does it work on bosses? Maybe I should give the game more credit, I saw that and assumed it would not work on things that actually mattered

stuns minibosses, the two bosses I've fought yet were frankly easier than some of the sharks and adjacent critters lol

Its top end damage will eventually be outclassed, I suspect, but even then it's a really great weapon for regular dives

the second boss I didn't have the tranq rifle yet but turns out that lucking into two sets of proximity bombs is very, very funny

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

even if you have to kill the shark, stunning it lets you reposition and unload a couple more shots, each of which has a 40% chance of stunning it again

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

Is that how it works? Maybe you can explain what the 3 dots that appear above the fish when you tranq them means ?

Also I got my rear end kicked by the Great White Shark, so I figured I would come back once I upgraded my oxygen tank and weapons, but now it stopped raining. Did I miss my chance for revenge or does he come back eventually?

storms happen periodically, there's nothing in the game I'm aware of that's missable (...maybe the early dolphin quest if you gently caress it up?)

e: also the tranq rifle can chain proc, which makes an even better shark killer than it looks - the shark will stay asleep if you roll goodly again

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Falcorum posted:

Game was good, but could've done with a pass trimming a bunch of the systems. Did not particularly need 4 different farms

Also the statue puzzle in the mid-late game was finnicky as hell

two of the bits you just turn as far as they'll go, then move the third a notch at the time till it clicks

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Nino and Raptor are my two servers, they're pretty much perfect because they get high serving and cover everything but wasabi

Fully leveled they also cover Wasabi though? But I usually put myself on Wasabi duty

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

tranq rifle is the midgame weapon, sniper rifle is imo the endgame weapon (go the shock route, enforced slow is completely nuts and if you happen to pull the upgrade mats it combines with lightning for many lols)

final upgrade of the sleep dart also owns bones vs sharks but is completely worthless against bosses

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

ah yes, narwhal eggs

you'd be surprised how many people have angrily posted about this

oldskool posted:

picked this up after one of my friends streamed it & I was drawn in by how pretty the game was. a week later i've put in 30 hours and finished the main story.

why is vegetable sushi the most profitable thing? am i missing some killer fish recipe somewhere

i am physically repulsed by the idea of using your precious boring crops on vegetable sushi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Red/Fire/Explosive Sniper Rifle kills all the sharks

You can find seasonings like olive oil at specific loot spots; iirc they look like red cooking pots with a green glow. Extra employees can also be sent out to gather them.

personally i'm partial to electric sniper rifle because lol speed debuff, but really any of the sniper rifles are good

used one on the last relevant boss and it worked way better than messing with the gimmick weapon