Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

skeleton warrior posted:

How reflexes dependent is the game? I've heard everyone raving about it, but I have the reaction speed and agility of a dead fish, so I'd like to know that I'm not going to just suck at the game before I jump in.
Not. I suck suck suck at reflex games, and this one's fine for me. To give you an example: it took me a ridiculous amount of time to succeed at the Stardew Valley fishing game.

explosivo posted:

The net gun is a good option for the same reason, and both the net gun and the sleep dart can be upgraded to let you net/sleep larger things like sharks and tuna. The real GOAT however is the red squeaky hammer because you just need to swim up to something and mash melee until it falls asleep then scoop it up. And it works with anything (except for boss-rear end bosses)
My God, the squeaky hammer is GOOD?!?! My little world just shattered.

Tuna question: Why am I supposed to be able to catch more tuna when I only got one trap?

Restaurant question: Can somebody explain to me how I know how many dishes to cook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Halp! Sharks are kicking my butt. I have a Dragonbite Harpoon Gun and a Tranquilizer Mosin-Nagant, but neither will kill a shark before it kills me.

While we're at it, I'm stuck at Gold level in the sushi place.

I have been upgrading all my recipes, but I can't get anything to a taste of 250. What should I be trying to cook?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Neither Salt nor Soy Sauce has dropped in ages,so I can't make any meals :(

Also, what's the shock route?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

DoubleT2172 posted:

If you have employees not working you can send them on ingredient runs on their management screen
Whoa. That's life-changing. Where do you find seaweed? I've been way deep and never spotted it. Kelp, yes, agar, yes, never seaweed.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I wound up getting it from max-level giant trevally sushi. Which is great, because trevallys(ies) neither run away nor try to bite you. Now I'm stuck trying to find the damned spike again; after I went back up to the surface, the merpeople weren't around any more, and I've forgotten where I saw them originally.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

I was continuously tranqing and netting the narwhal. I would even get some narwhal eggs to make the process go faster. YOu only need to bring that to something like level 7 or 8. so that was easily doable.

Of course this makes me an eco-terrorist, but them's the breaks.
I have a tranq rifle, I guess I start leveling it up.

Goon who didn't unlock cocktails, you are lucky. They are tedious, easy to mess up, and waste a lot of time.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

I just assumed that's where the unsold plates went.
That would explain why he never changes body shape in spite of doing enormous amounts of physical exercise. He ought to have thighs straight out of The Triplets of Belleville by now.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I'm really sad that you don't get a bonus for variety. I do it anyway, because my little imaginary people would be sad at eating only ootoro even if they are too introverted to show it. The major problem, for me, with putting dishes as opposed to sushi on autopilot is that you quickly run out of condiments.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

drewhead posted:

All of the 3 day festivals are random reoccurring events. They don't represent any kind of progression in the game.

There is only a finite number of staff available, hire everybody. I think there are 21 staff total in the game. Anyone not working in the bar should be sent on dispatch (go to waiting room -> details -> dispatch) DAILY to get condiments. Even if they have a low procurement value and only return with one item... that still one free item per day. Once you have hired a hand full of staff just hanging out in the waiting room you'll be floating in condiments.
Am I paying salary to staff? I've been reluctant to hire more than 2 cooks, 2 waiters, same in branch, 2 dispatchers.

If you think the beer and tea minigames are annoying, just wait until you get to cocktails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

Tuna schools should show up in the shallows, above 130m. You'll hear an intermittent splashing noise from them jetting around.
If you've been told you have a tunafest coming up, swim left to right in the shallows across the map. You will run into tuna swimming into easy-to-spot patterns. You should also buy the ball traps every chance you get.