Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Epic High Five posted:

If they do wasabi they wait for it to actually run out, which is waiting too long. Can't remember all the details, main thing is covering cocktails as Dave is a mixologist disaster

The controls for the cocktail machine are confusing and you don't get much time to actually practice it during a shift. I went on a multi-day hiring campaign just to find someone who could handle cocktails.

The ideal servers would cover:
- Drinks
- Cocktails
- Cleaning

I haven't found a pair of servers that cover it all, but I have drinks and cocktails covered, which is the biggest pain point.

I'm in chapter... 6? Just got to the geothermal vents and while I admire that the game keeps throwing new things at me, some of the mechanics later in the game seem like they weren't fully thought out. In particular, there are a couple of boss fights that require you to do specific things, but you aren't given enough feedback when you fail.

In particular:

The jellyfish: His eyes become big and red, which -- since I've played a video game before -- made me think I needed to specifically hit his eyes. This doesn't work, because the projectiles fire from his "face", plus if you touch him that low even during the "hit me" phase, you often still take damage. I had to look up a walkthrough before realizing I was just supposed to bonk him on top of his head.

The dinosharkthing above the control room door: The missile launcher absolutely refused to do anything the first few times I picked it up. It wouldn't start the lock-on process even when it was ready to fire. I watched a YouTube video and saw that I'd been doing the right thing. After a few more tries, it just started working. There was no feedback at all about how to use it or what to expect, so I was instead trying to get the shark to swallow it when he did the "suck up rocks" animation.

Anyway, I've had a lot of fun, but I think I'm ready for the game to be over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU