Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

skeleton warrior posted:

How reflexes dependent is the game? I've heard everyone raving about it, but I have the reaction speed and agility of a dead fish, so I'd like to know that I'm not going to just suck at the game before I jump in.

The actual game is fine action wise I find, some sharks still get me now and then, but that's also me neglecting my 02 (your HP/diving resource). I'll be honest: the QTE with (some/most) of the harpoons in this game are the frustrating parts to me. Even worse if you are on mouse + keyboard. The steam thread complaining about it had 43 pages before it was locked. Big tip: increase the base harpoon strength to bypass the QTE "minigame" as much as possible. And get tranq guns, sleeping fish give the best quality too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

It didn't even occur to me that the regular tranq weapons can put big fish to sleep, I was just relying on my luck to find the tranq harpoon or bonk hammer (altho fuuuuck trying to get sharks with that). Hush dart is OP