Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

explosivo posted:

I loved this game at the start but the deeper I got into the story I started to fall a little out of love with it, not that it's ruined the experience for me but the mechanics and minigames and that sort of thing keep coming throughout the entire game and some are worse/more annoying than others. I really enjoy the loop of catching fish and selling sushi to make money which allows me to buy better equipment to dive deeper to catch better fish to sell for more money, etc and every time the game forced me out of that loop I got kinda irked. There's some frustrating design choices like having to swim around the sea people village OR pay Bei to ride the manatee thing, the annoying forced stealth section that you have to go on immediately after getting on the boat with no way to quit/save until you've finished the whole section or having some quests force you to come back to the boat after finishing them with no way to know beforehand that it's about to happen. I am in chapter 6 now and I think pretty close to finishing the story and it sounds like there may be some postgame stuff that is more open ended so I'm looking forward to that.

Fun game but I think the story overstays its welcome a bit and at this point I'm ready to wrap it up.

Totally agree - the best parts of the game are very front-loaded, and the back half gets repetitive and frequently frustrating.

I still got a good 25-30 hours out of it, but I’m ready to let it go. It’s starting to really lean in to dumb and poorly designed boss fights, the management sim scales poorly once you get to platinum tier, and the story isn’t going anywhere particularly interesting.

That said - that first 10-15 hours were pure magic in terms of presentation and the next 10 were a very solid loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU