Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

For the Scolding from Yoshie quest, do I need to put the shark head on the menu before I can serve it to Yoshie? Is there any risk of another customer bogarting it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yoshie got her head, crisis averted

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ah yes, narwhal eggs

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oldskool posted:

picked this up after one of my friends streamed it & I was drawn in by how pretty the game was. a week later i've put in 30 hours and finished the main story.

why is vegetable sushi the most profitable thing? am i missing some killer fish recipe somewhere

I don't know all the recipes, but the Tropical Fish Sushi Set you get from Michael Bang has been big bucks for me and uses very easy-to-catch fish

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Halp! Sharks are kicking my butt. I have a Dragonbite Harpoon Gun and a Tranquilizer Mosin-Nagant, but neither will kill a shark before it kills me.

Fire Sniper is where it's at :golgo:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

This game owns a lot but I kind of feel like I blitzed through the main story way faster than intended, and even though there's a ton of upgrades left on the management side I don't have a whole lot left to fish for. My first Gyao hasn't even died yet.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 9, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Big patch today, including the option to skip harpoon QTEs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

he gets to eat seaweed dumplings

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Taima posted:

1) The harpoon and guns feel fantastic. It's really fun to harpoon fish, and netting a bunch of fish at once is super fun too. The only problem is that the Large Net Gun is one of the cheapest guns to upgrade and is also something you always want to have on you.

The top-tier Hush Dart is more useful in the late game imo

quote:

3) I love the idea of predatory fish, and they are really fun in the beginning, but just get annoying as hell 90% of the time later. The game seemingly tries to fix this? In the sense that your diving suit is more camouflaged the better suit you have, I guess? But it's barely mattered in my playthrough. You constantly get attacked by trashy predators and if you don't want to use your ranged weapon (if you even have one, you probably have a large net gun because you can't have both) then you are forced to use your harpoon gun and then immediately toss their garbage fish corpses out of your inventory, which is wasteful and strange.

Titan Triggerfish, at least, can be used as part of a valuable dish

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Taima posted:

2) It seems like maybe the ice world mineral veins need you to upgrade your knife instead of spawning a pick nearby? I never saw a pick in the icy area, but maybe one could be brought down from the main area? Or yeah- is the knife upgrade the only way to reliably do this?

You can bring a pick down from the depths, but you'll want to start skipping straight to the ice zone sooner or later. Upgrading your knife is best.

quote:

3) I have enough rizz to get to Platinum Cooksta, but my Max Taste is only at 180/250. I assume this is just the tastiest dish you've ever served, but drat, 250 feels like a lot? The best route I have right now to accomplish this is to level up bluefin or yellowfin Ootoro, but that would take a LOT more tuna. It takes 10x Ootoro to raise the taste to 205, so it would probably have enough Taste Factor at say, level 7-8, which would probably require like 60-100 more Ootoro.

That's just so much otoro though. Days of getting lucky with spawns and using all of your drone charges. Is this really the best way to accomplish this goal?

Some fish in the ice zone & deeper should be able to get to 250 taste, and not require droning.

quote:

4) Can you upgrade how Dave performs as a server? Right now my staff are so dope that all I do is clean up dishes? lol

You can't, but some employees can learn to clean up :v:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Aug 29, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Taima posted:

Ah, yeah- re: condiments, sounds like you get some more later in the game? My hires do all the busy work including making the wasabi. My sides and drinks are: beer, tea, wasabi. And I have staff perks for all three so far, so I literally just do nothing (pick up dirty dishes only) while the sushi game runs.

Hire some extra staff and you can send them out to collect condiments. Some are better at it than others.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Taima posted:

Btw I really enjoy how random the staff hires are and it makes me wonder if some of the shittiest-looking hires are actually secretly the best. I have Maki at level 7 and she has loving 470 cooking skill LOL

Maki has the highest cooking skill out of everyone, which is nice since it'd feel bad to bench her

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dave fights sharks all day, he is probably tuckered out

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dave starts off as a good diver, and buys fancy equipment so he can dive to the center of the earth

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Taima posted:

Hey btw I'm curious- I just "beat the game" I think? I killed Yawie, that's the end right?

Is there anything I should know at this point in the game, now that I'm in post? I didn't speed run through but beat the game a few days before the end of October. The pacing just seems weird because even as I was beating the game, I was still receiving what felt like large, game changing additional mechanicsc and that part of the game wasn't close to finishing. Nor am I that close to getting the highest Cooksta rating (I think I have one left but not sure). Is that normal?

:same:

It sort of seems like you're meant to spend a few days just grinding out the management side of things in between each story objective, but there's absolutely nothing stopping you from rushing straight through.

quote:

Also this is a random question but where the heck are the tuna? In the lead up to the tuna event there were tons, which I assume is how the parties work- you get much improved odds during that period- but I literally haven't seen one tuna since then. That slot appears to be occupied by Marlin now? What am I doing wrong?

Have you finished the marlin festival?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nessus posted:

Yo when do I unlock staff. I have silver rank and I am ready for it. Do I need to pass a day marker or something?

You've probably unlocked staff already. You have to serve Whole-Roasted Shark Head to Yoshie, and then pay for some hiring ads.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Red/Fire/Explosive Sniper Rifle kills all the sharks

You can find seasonings like olive oil at specific loot spots; iirc they look like red cooking pots with a green glow. Extra employees can also be sent out to gather them.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 3, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Check the diver box on your boat, or Cobra's sell menu.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tuna schools should show up in the shallows, above 130m. You'll hear an intermittent splashing noise from them jetting around.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Some new content planned for sometime this month, including new missions, a boss, a VIP customer who'll sell you stuff, crabs & lobsters, more night fish, and farm automation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You also need the chicken farm, apparently. That's pretty far in.