Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eifert Posting posted:

If any of y'all want to trivialize the difficulty invest in the sleep dart rifle. 40% chance to make literally anything fall asleep.

Is that how it works? Maybe you can explain what the 3 dots that appear above the fish when you tranq them means ?

Also I got my rear end kicked by the Great White Shark, so I figured I would come back once I upgraded my oxygen tank and weapons, but now it stopped raining. Did I miss my chance for revenge or does he come back eventually?

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eifert Posting posted:

Once you get to what I would call midway through the story You gain the ability to upgrade a basic rifle to a sleep dart rifle. It's different from the one that looks like a paintball gun.

Ohhhh. I thought you guys were referring to the Hush Dart that does 0 damage. Turns out it's impossible to actually sleep any of the sharks with that.

For pure damage though I rocked with the multi-shot weapon that fires 3-4 for most of the game and had zero issues with combat until the Great White battle.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

explosivo posted:

I was talking about the hush dart, there is a final upgrade for it that is not unlocked until the last tier of upgrades are available that can put sharks and other large fish to sleep with two darts. Before you get to that point it only slows down sharks.

Interesting. But it seems kind of a waste of invest that many resources into getting the final tier when the tranq rifle is just one upgrade away from the base rifle.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

For a game that generally has good design decisions, I don't know why they decided people should have to manage two different location's inventories.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Deki posted:

Is there much of a bonus for upgrading your employees past a few levels?

I feel like the last couple of nights, the only thing I needed to do was clear dishes and grind wasabi, the crew handled everything else way faster.

I usually upgrade them at least until they unlock their two traits/abilities. Having two servers with the drink server trait reduced the stress of running the restaurant a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

WhiteHowler posted:

The controls for the cocktail machine are confusing and you don't get much time to actually practice it during a shift. I went on a multi-day hiring campaign just to find someone who could handle cocktails.

The ideal servers would cover:
- Drinks
- Cocktails
- Cleaning

I haven't found a pair of servers that cover it all, but I have drinks and cocktails covered, which is the biggest pain point.

Staffing spoilers?
This set up is the closest I got to making the restaurant fully automated, but they do miss orders/cleanups, especially if I don't help on Wasabi: