Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This game was a lot of fun but I agree with all the previous comments about it straying too far from the core gameplay loop the further you get into it. A lot of additions feel like "hey wouldn't it be cool if we added x?" and forcing it to work, and I either have to ignore them or spend more time every day not doing the most fun part (diving and sushi).

After I beat the story I was going to keep going to try and get a few more achievements (either in game or just personal goals) but I just hit a point after a dive where I came back to the boat and was just like "ok I'm done now." I think (late game addition) the branch should just be able to pull from your own inventory instead of needing to track ingredients and send them there myself, or something else that doesn't end up with me just sending them all my tuna and calling it a day because I can't be assed to remember everything all my dishes need

Still looking forward to the DLC though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

he's a variety streamer that regularly hits 10k+ viewers so yeah he has relationships with a ton of devs

I actually found as I got later in the game that I wished I could turn off the plate cleaning trait for the Luchador because he doesn't clean much faster than I could and in the time he takes to clean it he could have served two or three more orders while I wouldn't even finish one.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Not. I suck suck suck at reflex games, and this one's fine for me. To give you an example: it took me a ridiculous amount of time to succeed at the Stardew Valley fishing game.

My God, the squeaky hammer is GOOD?!?! My little world just shattered.

Tuna question: Why am I supposed to be able to catch more tuna when I only got one trap?

Restaurant question: Can somebody explain to me how I know how many dishes to cook?

Shoot the Tuna with a gun or your harpoon until it dies and harvest the fillets. You get a little bit less meat and you dont get the highest grade of the three (not stars, there are three different "cuts") but it's worth it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Halp! Sharks are kicking my butt. I have a Dragonbite Harpoon Gun and a Tranquilizer Mosin-Nagant, but neither will kill a shark before it kills me.

While we're at it, I'm stuck at Gold level in the sushi place.

I have been upgrading all my recipes, but I can't get anything to a taste of 250. What should I be trying to cook?

I think the sailfish was what my 250 dish ended up being. Whatever one shows up in the submerged wreck on the lower left of the first area sometimes. Taste goes up by a linear amount when upgrading a dish so just go into a level up and see how much a dish increases and you can math it out from there. There's quite a few that go up by like 40 or 50 per level.

As far as Sharks go, I just learned their patterns so I could dodge them so I don't have a better answer for you there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Seaweed is usually super shallow

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

She also orders it like instantly so I don't think it's even a worry

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FFT posted:

Does Dave even get to eat sushi at all through the game? I feel like it's possible that it happened once or twice in a cinematic?

if you trash a plate instead of serving it he just eats it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taima posted:

Also there are a few dishes that are very profitable AND use relatively low grade fish (like the tropical trio or whatever), does it make sense to stick to those types of dishes? It feels a little boring. And I would hate if a sushi place only stocked a couple of options. But I can't really see a downside?

This was always kind of funny to me because of how completely counter to Bancho's mantra around cooking it is.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taima posted:

Ooh word I don't think I have been given that option yet. That's cool. I have got some mayo from the ice zone. Or is this something I can do and just missed?

You actually have that option the moment you unlock being able to hire staff. I think it either just doesn't tell you about it or it's easily missable because I didn't notice until I had people on the bench and was browsing the menus to see what I could do.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drewhead posted:

All of the 3 day festivals are random reoccurring events. They don't represent any kind of progression in the game.

I'm pretty sure on the first run through the game they aren't random. Maybe after you've cycled through all of them they randomize but I find it hard to believe that my events happened in the same order on the exact same days as the streamer I was occasionally watching play the game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

zedprime posted:

Does anything happen from mid chapter 6 to the end of the game that exposes more of the iceberg of this game?

I was super pumped playing this game when dives took like 20 minutes and I could finish a day in an hour. But now that it's like check farms, fill pack of valuable crappie, complete a story event, and the dives are 40 minutes and all the running around adds another 20, I feel like I'm treading water when the core gameplay is just point gun at fish. It feels like there was a little bit of bait and switch with the frequency of mini games early in the game compared to now.

Part of me would hate to put this game on ice but it's starting to feel like I have better examples of every gameplay option waiting just below Steam's surface. But I would likely not have the time or inclination to come back to this fishing hole if I do put it down.

This was my biggest complaint about the game as well and the short answer to your question is that it doesn't get any better. The QoL updates may have made the downtime a little better than it was around launch but if you're playing right now then you would already have those.