Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I've beaten the game and only just realized you can set menu items to "auto supply", so you can just put one of a thing on the menu and they'll keep making more as requested (while ingredients last) instead of running out/over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah I want to see how they're going to fill the last two fish pens

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Level 7 to get both of their skills, after that it's up to you.

Unfortunately the "makes drinks" trait does not work for cocktails, which is annoying. Ideally you want "drink serving", "wasabi refill", and "cleaning master" (Il Nino has "drink serving master" and "cleaning master" and a maximum serving trait of 1033, highly recommend the Lucha Libre guy). Itsuki (the ninja) has drink serving and "irresistible charm" so I've got a luchador and a ninja doing the food running etc. which is great fun.

Apparently there's a guy named Raptor that can cover wasabi and cocktails, might have to try to find him.

Worth noting: you can stop refilling wasabi at any time, you don't have to go fully to 100% if it's late in the evening and you're just trying to fire the last few bits of sushi.

stringless fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 24, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

For $20 I had a great time with it, but yeah I'm pretty much done until the DLC that's probably coming eventually.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Go deeper for better-tasting fish.

Also, the menu can be sorted by taste, price, level etc

And yeah, generic seaweed is mostly above 50m iirc

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Suspicious Cook posted:

Except everyone is just so mean to Dave. Let my boy just chill and eat sushi. :(
Does Dave even get to eat sushi at all through the game? I feel like it's possible that it happened once or twice in a cinematic?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Re: the beluga animation: it can be skipped.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Taima posted:

Is there any reason to stock multiple dishes during a sushi evening vs. just having a single 1x of each dish and doing auto supply? I don't get that mechanic at all. There must be something more to it because if you can just do 1x auto supply, what is the point of even having a button- just auto supply everything?
Some recipes make more than one dish as output, and if they're on auto-supply that can end up being wasteful when one gets auto-supplied and three of four get wasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

News!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsRegnjDfV8

(that's today!)