Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
There's no way to save in between those scenes where you have access to your phone is there? I really like the gameplay loop but sometimes I'm just.planning for a quick dive or bout of restaurant management and don't really want to play a rhythm game in some nerd's dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Is there some point with the fish farm where it will become apparent to me that it's better to send fish from there directly to the restaurant rather than fish for them myself? So far it seems like there aren't that many fish in each of my different areas and I'm not sure if I want to have stock at a certain level before I start selling it, or should I feel free just to sell whatever is there and count on getting more fish eggs while I'm out diving.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

explosivo posted:

You'll pretty much always be getting new fish and eggs as long as you're making efforts to tranq or net most fish, so I just made sure I had at least two fish of each type so they'll reproduce then send the rest to the restaurant for dishes/enhancing. I never really thought about specifically trying to grow the fish farm but almost always had poo poo tons of fish in there for the restaurant every day.

Thanks. So as long as I leave two of each fish in the farm, I'm clear to send the rest to the restaurant?

And if I have only one fish in the farm, it's a sign I need to go tranq/net at least one more of the fish?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Rincewinds posted:

It it better to use the auto refill than maxing out meals in the menu, in order to avoid throwing away anything. I do realize that it could use up everything, but it seems like a better option than throwing anything away.

I think there's some earlier discussion here on this with more detail, but I've stopped using the auto-refill, which seem often to guarantee you throw away one of each dish that's on auto, and instead cook exactly the number of servings for the customers I get based on my Cooksta rating. Like with my Gold rating I get 28 people a night, so I make 28 total servings of a variety of dishes and sell all of those with no waste. I think at the next rank it's 35 people, so then I'll increase the servings to 35. This avoids the waste that happens when the cooks auto-fill dishes at the end of the night when there are no more customers. And I think with this plan the only two things you have to watch out for are (1) having enough variety that people don't get mad (i.e., don't just have 28 servings of one soup -- people want variety); and (2) being careful that some recipes make more than one serving -- like I have some soups that make 10 servings, so if I put that on the menu I need only 18 more servings before I'm topped out.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
This is maybe a dumb question, but if I'm out on the boat in the morning before my first dive, can I freely go back and forth to the fish farm, regular farm, and restaurant without losing time? That is, does time pass on the lock only when I dive (or in the evenings when I open the restaurant)?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

drewhead posted:

Too many variables, in particular your furniture makes a difference.
However if you add (1) of each menu item and then the set the auto supply option after adding it you wont have minimal waste.
Auto Supply should be the default, it's dumb that it's not. There is no penalty for using it.

Interesting -- I had assumed it was basically static based on your Cooksta rating, and not thought of there being a furniture component. How does furniture impact things -- can you buy different seats and fit more people in?

I only started paying attention to this when I was Gold in Cooksta, but based on that rating and never having touched anything decor/furniture in my restaurant, I was consistently getting 28 people a night. Now that I'm platinum it seems to be 35-36 people (although I could be having leftovers based on one cook with a talent that results in extra dishes sometimes).

if you know the number of customers, making exactly that many servings seems like a better option that auto-supplying all your dishes, since auto-supply seems to guarantee one extra, unused dish made for each recipe every night. Although that's assuming waste even matters that much -- I seem to have quite a lot of all the ingredients all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Alctel posted:

I thought I read somewhere that lack of variety does actually make ppl mad

I don't exactly what the limits are, but there was one night I stupidly whipped up just 30 servings of one kind of soup -- failing to realize that each "order" fed like 6 people or whatever -- and just went with, and most customers left in a huff. Have at least 4-5 things seems to be optimal, even it's all the most expensive stuff you can make. I don't think I've yet noticed anybody walking because there weren't modestly priced menu options.