Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

What I've learned playing this:
  • Be sparing with your menu. Once you have a foothold, you probably want at most 2-3 batches of fancy multi-serving dishes, and then just a single serving of something both expensive and easily replenishable, set to autosupply. I have never once needed more than 3 slots for the menu.
  • Be careful about upgrading your restaurant ranking, and make sure you have the staff to deal with it in advance. I've had the Platinum rank available for at least 5 days at this point and I still don't want to get it because it increases daily expenses by something like 5x, and the increase in customers has not been anywhere near enough to offset that. A night's net earnings at Gold rank gives me 11k, which drops to 5k if I go to Platinum.
  • Unlock the tranq rifle ASAP. It's cheap, easy to make, effective, and remains the weapon I bring with me for 90% of my outings.

I've kind of petered out at this point in the game, diving has lost its novelty and I have to deal with a minimum of 3 shark attacks per dive, I've seen every possible iteration of the map 20 times over, and I'm both thankful for the distractions the newer mechanics offer, and resent them for stalling forward progress that much more. But hey, I got at least 27 thoroughly enjoyable hours out of it.

e: Oh yeah, and I swear the... translation? Is getting steadily worse as the story progresses. I've never had difficulty figuring out what anyone is saying, but the manner in which people talk is getting progressively more and more stilted and evidently not written by someone with English as their first language.

MonkeyforaHead fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU