Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.

MonkeyHate posted:

Paris is Burning open world rpg

Legit good idea. The different houses/gangs could be like the great houses in Morrowind. There's also the opportunity for a sweet voguing mini game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the joe rogan experience: the game

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Animorphs could be pretty cool. I'd imagine it would be an open world where you go out and find animals to morph into and have to use them to fight or hide or fit in small spaces or whatever the situation requires. Imagine having to break into the zoo at night and get in the tiger habitat to get the morph, or do some side quest where you get a bug net to get bugs to morph into. You might need to swim down to get to certain areas so you'd need to find a fishing pole or pay to go swim with dolphins. Maybe you can go to school to get the guinea pig that lives in your classroom. Just stuff like that. No i haven't obsessed over this since 5th grade why do you ask??

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

A game like Crazy Taxi but you're like an Amazon delivery driver or DoorDash or something

... or an Uber driver!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courier_Crisis

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The Retreat from Kabul 1842 battle royale

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Storage Wars as on online auction simulator with microtransactions would be rad as hell (from a morbid and sadistic viewpoint.)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bluey dating sim

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Dixville posted:

Animorphs could be pretty cool. I'd imagine it would be an open world where you go out and find animals to morph into and have to use them to fight or hide or fit in small spaces or whatever the situation requires. Imagine having to break into the zoo at night and get in the tiger habitat to get the morph, or do some side quest where you get a bug net to get bugs to morph into. You might need to swim down to get to certain areas so you'd need to find a fishing pole or pay to go swim with dolphins. Maybe you can go to school to get the guinea pig that lives in your classroom. Just stuff like that. No i haven't obsessed over this since 5th grade why do you ask??

Animophs: The Game, but it's just a flight simulator and all you do is search and destroy meat sacks floating in space (it's where they put all of the unnecessary mass after transforming).

Edit: Maybe have a mini-game where you dissect the sacks to find out what species the animoprher used to be.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rudy Guliani's career life sim.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Captain Beans posted:

"Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments "

That's a good idea, but, IMO, Rodion Raskolnikov just wouldn't be a very difficult opponent for Sherlock Holmes. The case isn't very hard and he'd just give up when confronted. Maybe navigating around St. Petersburg as an Englishman adds to the challenge, but still. Probably should've started with something like "Sherlock Holmes vs. Gatsby", or "Sherlock at Wuthering Heights."

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Antique road show VR - Delicately handle mementos while explaining to the owner their antique is worthless.

Cash in the Attic VR

Multiple levels with twists and mini-stories. A mix between viscera cleanup detail, powerwash simulator, and gone home.

© 2023 itry

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Joker (2019)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SCheeseman posted:

Scanners, a cover shooter where the only method of attack is angrily staring at your enemies for long enough that their heads pop

I can see this working honestly. Basically Control without the gun.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
FromSoft should make a Maschinen Krieger game. Just mix Armored Core and Dark Souls

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The Thing.

They made one for the original Xbox and they said "You'll never know who's gonna be the thing! It will be a surprise each playthrough!" but instead it was just scripted. And obvious.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

The Thing.

They made one for the original Xbox and they said "You'll never know who's gonna be the thing! It will be a surprise each playthrough!" but instead it was just scripted. And obvious.

have you tried Carrion?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I was going to say Blade (Wesley Snipes) but it has already been done and got pretty average reviews. Flash Gordon might not be violent enough but a Gradius style shooter with him on a skybike going up against war rocket Ajax could be fun.

Shark and goat simulators have been made. I want to play a man eating tiger, it will have stealth mechanics and you sneak up on poachers.

If they can turn this into a game anything is possible.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

SCheeseman posted:

The Twilight Zone: The Movie. Same idea, but you win by killing as many of your staff with helicopters as possible.

Twilight Zone: Stunt Copter 2

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Has anyone ever made a goatse game?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mr.Acula posted:

I don't know why but I'm picturing it in the style of Katamari Damacy and laughing.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Ghost Adventures: The Game.

At the beginning of the game it asks you a series of questions to determine if you believe that the Ghost Adventures team has encountered ghosts and if Zak Bagans is a trustworthy human being and paranormal investigator. If you believe in the team then you get to join them in documenting the paranomal.

If you don't believe them then you get an entirely different game where you get to help fake a haunting via advanced techniques such as "saying you felt it get cold" and "saying you have a bad vibe".

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Mr.Acula posted:

Just get a big thick rubber band, something that will comfortably fit two human hands with room to spare. You and a friend pull on it as hard as you can. When the band snaps, the loser is the one who gets their knuckles whipped.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Acula posted:

goatse game

Lisa needs braces

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mr.Acula posted:

Repurpose and modify a Boong-Ga Boong-Ga chassis into a Goatse game and make billions

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Valko posted:

Just get a big thick rubber band, something that will comfortably fit two human hands with room to spare. You and a friend pull on it as hard as you can. When the band snaps, the loser is the one who gets their knuckles whipped rear end in a top hat stretched.

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
I enjoy the works of Harry Turtledove. They would make good games. A game about aliens invading during WWII, a game about the south winning the civil war, stuff like that would be cool.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Lol why is Edie on the cover?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

samcarsten posted:

I enjoy the works of Harry Turtledove. They would make good games. A game about aliens invading during WWII, a game about the south winning the civil war, stuff like that would be cool.

you should check out Totally Accurate Battle Simulator if you haven't already. its goofy as hell but you can have like roman soldiers fighting samurai and poo poo like that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

How about a show/movie from a videogame? Like a Space Invaders show, or an Asteroids Cinematic Universe - like for example, what's the backstory for those alien ships? Did they send the asteroids to destroy us?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Earwicker posted:

have you tried Carrion?

Yes, it owns. It's in my big library of games I buy, play for an hour, say "This owns!" and then forget about for a year. :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Like I'm on Space Station 7, flying an Asteroid fighter. What's my back story?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Vatican II
The McLaughlin Group

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
an Antiques Roadshow game where people have Phoenix Wright breakdowns when you appraise their stuff at low values.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

asymmetrical multiplayer Shark Tank

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Animal-Mother posted:

The Thing.

not only that but sometimes people who passed the blood test just moments earlier would suddenly turn

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.
Nirvana the Band the Show the Game: platformer with a triple jump.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Over the Top Truckin’ & Arm Wrestling Simulator

Frank Stallone Karaoke Cavalcade

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Darth Brooks posted:

A point and click Columbo game where you play a murdered trying to figure out what responses with throw Det. Columbo off the trail and let you go free.

this is what i thought that Fahrenheit game was after playing the demo, how goddamn wrong i was

i still think it would be a good game, like a reverse LA Noir

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wee posted:

Vatican II
The McLaughlin Group

I keep laughing at both these references.

WRONG!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Junk posted:

this is what i thought that Fahrenheit game was after playing the demo, how goddamn wrong i was

i still think it would be a good game, like a reverse LA Noir

Who keeps giving david cage money to make games? Fahrenheit really should've been the last straw.

Related content:

A FIFA manager simulator-style WWE game where you play as vince mcmahon. The game will feature increasingly complex david cage style QTEs to keep him from doing weird vince mcmahon poo poo like saying the N-word to john cena or blowing out both of his quads.