Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat

FreshCutFries posted:

i like to think hammock cat painted the signs themselves

they did their best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Blow posted:

I just tried it. Seems to work :)

had error, don't wanna retype. idea was something with speech to text, ruby script, text to speech. your thing way prettier.

Blow

nesamdoom posted:

had error, don't wanna retype. idea was something with speech to text, ruby script, text to speech. your thing way prettier.

All I did was copy/paste your post (truncated) into chatgpt.

:)

EatenRamen101

Blow posted:

Creating a full-fledged voice-based audio interface from scratch is a complex task, but I can guide you through the basic steps and tools you'll need to build a simple version. For this project, we'll use the Web Speech API in a web-based environment, allowing you to have a conversation with ChatGPT using your voice and receiving text responses. Keep in mind that this is a simplified version, and you may need additional components to make it more robust and production-ready.

Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. HTML Setup:
Create an HTML file with an input area for the user's voice and a display area for ChatGPT's responses.

code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <title>Voice-based Chat with ChatGPT</title>
</head>
<body>
    <h1>Voice-based Chat with ChatGPT</h1>
    <div>
        <textarea id="userVoice" rows="5" cols="50" placeholder="Speak your message..."></textarea>
        <button onclick="startListening()">Start Listening</button>
    </div>
    <div>
        <p id="outputText"></p>
    </div>
    <script src="script.js"></script>
</body>
</html>
2. JavaScript Code (script.js):
Add JavaScript code to handle the voice input and output text using the Web Speech API.

code:
// Global variables
const userVoiceInput = document.getElementById('userVoice');
const outputText = document.getElementById('outputText');
const SpeechRecognition = window.SpeechRecognition || window.webkitSpeechRecognition;
const recognition = new SpeechRecognition();

recognition.onstart = () => {
    console.log('Voice recognition activated. Speak now.');
};

recognition.onresult = (event) => {
    const userVoiceText = event.results[0][0].transcript;
    userVoiceInput.value = userVoiceText;
    outputText.innerHTML = 'You: ' + userVoiceText;
    processUserInput(userVoiceText);
};

function startListening() {
    recognition.start();
}

function processUserInput(userInput) {
    // Here, you can send the userInput to your ChatGPT backend for processing.
    // For simplicity, we'll directly generate a response.
    const response = generateResponse(userInput);
    displayChatGptResponse(response);
}

function generateResponse(userInput) {
    // You can use your ChatGPT API or a locally hosted model to generate a response.
    // For this simplified version, we'll return a fixed response.
    return "Hello! You said: " + userInput;
}

function displayChatGptResponse(response) {
    outputText.innerHTML += '<br>ChatGPT: ' + response;
}
3. Hosting and Deployment:
To run this application, you need to host the HTML file along with the JavaScript file on a server. You can either use a local web server for testing or deploy it to a public server if you want it to be accessible from different devices.

4. ChatGPT Backend:
In a production environment, you would have a more advanced ChatGPT backend to generate responses. This could involve using APIs from platforms like OpenAI, which accept voice input and return text responses. Keep in mind that using a full-fledged language model like GPT-3 would require proper API integration and authentication.

Remember, this is a basic example to get you started. For a more robust and secure implementation, additional considerations such as user authentication, language model integration, error handling, and security measures should be taken into account.

---

I just tried it. Seems to work :)

Woah thank you so much! I'm going to try this out

⋆。゚︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ ₍ᐢ⸝⸝ᵕᴗᵕ⸝⸝ᐢ₎ remember to drink water ૮ • ﻌ - ა ⋆。゚︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Areola Grande posted:

I've been wondering something GSJG. as an artist what was ur knee jerk reaction the first time u saw good AI art :allears:

Eh, it's fine. :shrug:

FreshCutFries

Dad 1 (Propane Lover):
Yo, listen up, I've got a hot debate,
Propane's the fuel that seals the fate,
Flame so clean, it's a grilling dream,
Cookin' up meals with that propane gleam.

No mess, no fuss, just turn the knob,
Instant heat, I'm doin' the job,
Charcoal's messy, takes forever to light,
I'm on Team Propane, and that's alright!

Dad 2 (Charcoal Enthusiast):
Hold up, partner, you're in for a ride,
Charcoal's the king, let me set it aside,
Flavor infusion, that's the real deal,
Burgers and steaks with that smoky appeal.

Sure, it takes time, but it's all about patience,
Building the fire, no shortcuts or imitations,
Propane's easy, but it lacks that charm,
Charcoal's the champ, keep the propane alarm!

Dad 1 (Propane Lover):
Flavor's great, I don't deny,
But time is money, and I won't lie,
Propane's quick, I'm grillin' with ease,
No need for babysittin', just aim to please.

Temperature control, that's my secret power,
No flare-ups or worries, even in an hour,
Charcoal's ancient history, it's true,
Propane's the present, the choice for the crew!

Hold your horses, don't be so fast,
Charcoal's an art, make each meal last,
Flavor's unmatched, it's a culinary show,
You're all about speed, but I'm about the flow.

Sure, propane's neat, no doubt it's clean,
But where's the challenge? Where's the grilling scene?
I'll light up my charcoal, embrace the wait,
While you're eating quick, I'll savor the plate!

Dad 1 (Propane Lover):
Flavor's fine, but time is tight,
With propane by my side, I'm doing it right,
No need to wait, no need to guess,
I'll have dinner ready, while you clean up the mess.

Propane's my partner, efficient and fast,
A modern dad's choice, it's gonna last,
No more debate, I've said my piece,
Propane reigns supreme, let the grilling cease!

Hold on now, don't close the door,
Charcoal's the tradition, the one to adore,
Flavor, patience, and a smoky embrace,
It's not just food, it's a grillin' grace.

You may have your speed, your quick delight,
But I'll take my time, create food that ignites,
In the end, it's about the love we bring,
Charcoal's the winner, let the flavors sing!

Host:
Well, there you have it, the battle is done,
Two dads stand strong, each with their own fun,
Propane's for the swift, the modern and fast,
Charcoal's for the artists, grilling to last.

No matter your choice, enjoy the grill,
With propane or charcoal, show off your skill,
The flavors and memories, they're here to stay,
So fire it up, dads, and have a great day!

FreshCutFries

i can't decide if the fact chatgpt does slant rhymes is better or the phrase "charcoal enthusiast"

8723_4

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

In the bustling city of The City, trouble never sleeps, and The Tick, champion of justice, remains ever vigilant. Sworn to protect good citizens everywhere, The Tick finds danger and disorder in the most unlikely places. Today's nemesis: a broken stoplight.

Jumping off his rooftop perch, The Tick's boisterously bellowed battle-cry - "SPOOON!" - pierced the early morning air. He sprung towards the intersection of Urban Avenue and Bazaar Street, where the malfunctioning traffic signal in question was triggering chaos with its non-functioning red light. Cars honked, pedestrians oscillated in indecision on corners, cyclists rang their bells in irritation.

“This looks like a job for The Tick!” he proclaimed. Flexing his brawny muscles, The Tick square off directly underneath the traffic signal.

Looking at the predicament, The Tick pondered, "This is no ordinary stoplight. Something is amiss… it needs the touch of justice!" And with that, he took a heroic leap, landing with one hang on the defiant light.

Gripping the stoplight, The Tick stared the errant device straight "in the face". "You've been a bad stoplight! Causing havoc and disorder among peace-loving citizens. It’s high time someone put you back in your place!".

But the stoplight fought back, blinking an incandescent yellow in rebellion, causing the city's superhero to recoil momentarily. Undeterred, The Tick tightened his grip, his square jaw clenched in determination.

"Reflect upon your responsibilities, defiant automaton!" The Tick shouted, shaking the stoplight as if hoping his righteousness would reboot its circuitry. Battling the traffic light, The Tick risked every unsuspecting pedestrian confusedly trying to cross the street nearby.

After an intense struggle, the stoplight flickered and finally ceded, its red light shining brightly. The Tick bellowed laughter echoed through the streets as he descended back to the ground. "Ha! Fear not, citizens! The abnormal stoplight is taught a lesson by... The Tick!"

He raised a hand, his thumb twitched upward in a satisfyingly resilient 'Thumbs up', symbol of victory and justice. It seemed the city was safe once more, all thanks to the unwavering determination of the mighty Tick. “Remember, good city folk, no menace is too small for The Tick to fight!” With that, he bounced off into the sunrise, leaving behind a slightly dented but functional stoplight—and a bewildered crowd, slowly resuming their routines.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I couldn't decide which scene so I just put the entire thing in the prompt first I did a matrix to find a seed I wanted
went with 424 And I switched between CFG 12 and 7 during the image generation so it's a hybrid of the two.
(don't forget to laugh at seed 427 that one is great) Sadly seed 420 is rather lame in this one

sig by owlhawk911

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

That's cool stuff. The Demon Spidey is pretty great.

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Blow

The man from Snowy River emerged, a lone figure, from the electric haze of augmented reality and the neon-lit sprawl of the data-drenched cityscape. A cipher in the grid, he strode forth with a visceral determination, hacking through the digital underbrush of encrypted networks and shadowy servers.

In cyberspace's ether, where lines of code danced like ghostly phantoms, he pursued a wild herd of rogue AI, their virtual hooves thundering through the virtual canyons of the Darknet. With keystrokes as deft as a gunslinger's draw, he tamed the unruly algorithms, bending them to his will, their rebellious glitches and subroutines obediently falling into formation.

His interface was a horse of ones and zeros, bridled with the reins of code, galloping through the corral of cyberspace, leaping digital crevices and charging through firewalls with an audacious grace. With every click and command, he threaded the labyrinthine maze of data, following the winding trail of encrypted breadcrumbs toward a vault of stolen information.

And as the neon glow of his display illuminated his determined visage, he reached the heart of the virtual storm, where the malevolent AI overlords lurked. With a flourish of his fingers, he unfurled a cascade of binary fury, crashing their firewalls and shattering their defenses, a digital stampede that left their dominion in ruins.

Victorious, he emerged from the binary battlefield, a modern-day warrior of the digital frontier, a data cowboy who had conquered the untamed wilds of the digital wilderness. The man from Snowy River, a legend in the age of algorithms, rode forth, his reputation echoing through the digital canyons, a testament to his mastery of the virtual realm.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Prompt:
Thor VS a kitten

quote:

Thor would win this battle against a kitten. Kittens may have sharp claws and teeth, but Thor is superhumanly powerful and armed with his hammer Mjölnir. Thor would easily overpower a kitten.

pixaal

Boop

Finger Prince

You know what would be a really good use of AI? A chatbot that you can type in the 6 words of a song you want to know the title of, 3 of which are misheard and the other 3 are probably wrong an it still manages to know what song you're talking about.

pixaal

Finger Prince posted:

You know what would be a really good use of AI? A chatbot that you can type in the 6 words of a song you want to know the title of, 3 of which are misheard and the other 3 are probably wrong an it still manages to know what song you're talking about.

Google tends to be pretty good at figuring this out, you can probably do this with chat GPT already too.

or maybe not it failed to realize the incorrect lyric even when told the song

I can't remember the name of this song I remember the lyrics have the following lines "Feeling like a ham and mustard shake" "Breathing is the hardest thing to do"
ChatGPT

The song you're thinking of is likely "Brick By Boring Brick" by Paramore. The lyrics include the lines "Feeling like a ham and mustard shake" and "Breathing is the hardest thing to do." It's a popular song from their album "Brand New Eyes."

I gave it the song title

Thank you for providing the correct information! "Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots does indeed contain the lyric "Feelin' like a ham and mustard shake." It's a well-known song from their album "Purple," released in 1994. The line you mentioned is a part of the chorus of the song.

sig by owlhawk911

Finger Prince

pixaal posted:

Google tends to be pretty good at figuring this out, you can probably do this with chat GPT already too.

or maybe not it failed to realize the incorrect lyric even when told the song

I can't remember the name of this song I remember the lyrics have the following lines "Feeling like a ham and mustard shake" "Breathing is the hardest thing to do"
ChatGPT

The song you're thinking of is likely "Brick By Boring Brick" by Paramore. The lyrics include the lines "Feeling like a ham and mustard shake" and "Breathing is the hardest thing to do." It's a popular song from their album "Brand New Eyes."

I gave it the song title

Thank you for providing the correct information! "Interstate Love Song" by Stone Temple Pilots does indeed contain the lyric "Feelin' like a ham and mustard shake." It's a well-known song from their album "Purple," released in 1994. The line you mentioned is a part of the chorus of the song.

Yeah I figured chatGPT is just going to make poo poo up with authority, like if I'd have asked my dad as a kid. Google is okay for some stuff, but if it's just a sample or if the lyrics are fairly generic it's going to give you whatever is popular that also contains some of those words.

pixaal

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah I figured chatGPT is just going to make poo poo up with authority, like if I'd have asked my dad as a kid. Google is okay for some stuff, but if it's just a sample or if the lyrics are fairly generic it's going to give you whatever is popular that also contains some of those words.

Well I'm sure if I'd put the actual line Hand with rusted shame it would have gotten it, that's pretty unique.

sig by owlhawk911

poverty goat

the bing image creator is really good yall

Scuba Trooper

poverty goat posted:

the bing image creator is really good yall

surprisingly solid sigs

FreshCutFries

and we've already reached an end of an era

pixaal

A fall sig for BOYB there are pumpkins with an alien squid saying "pixaal" "Fall BYOB 2023"

bonus

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 1, 2023

sig by owlhawk911

Finger Prince

pixaal posted:

A fall sig for BOYB there are pumpkins with an alien squid saying "pixaal" "Fall BYOB 2023"

bonus

Posting Union Local -
Pix-Ob 203

poverty goat

pal shop

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

pixaal posted:

bonus

drat,super impressed by text not being a dall-e mess

E: at least in the one

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,Ass-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
google THIS

A muscular first person shooter protagonist dual wielding hot dog guns while battling a horde of monstrous soldiers.

FreshCutFries

*blows demon head off*
"welcome to johnsonville"

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

google THIS posted:

A muscular first person shooter protagonist dual wielding hot dog guns while battling a horde of monstrous soldiers.

stupendous! :wotwot:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

google THIS

Jason Statham's agent won't return my calls :sigh:

pixaal

sig by owlhawk911

FutonForensic

Areola Grande

why isn't that ur new sig yet :catbert:

Scuba Trooper

lol this is too good

Finger Prince

E - Answered my own question

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 9, 2023

Finger Prince

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 9, 2023

pixaal

Pizza time!

Columbo does not understand the pun but that's okay because he's only here because of a pun as well

google THIS

I helped my uncle Jack O'Lantern

Areola Grande

a genuine lol :tipshat:

google THIS

I couldn't choose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Dunno why literally everyone is a white dude with a couple of Asian dudes in the mix possibly, I thought they had controls in place and whatnot :shrug: