Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fart simpson posted:

i have no idea what any of this means.

chud dialect most likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
chud dialectic

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

TehSaurus posted:

I’m going to regret making this post, and this is the wrong place for it, but gently caress it I’m going to be vulnerable for a minute because I must be missing something. I feel like the pedojacketing thing is a legitimate complaint. The only claims I could find about the referenced show being pedo or pedo adjacent were the posters on this forum, despite what appeared to be broad circulation. What am I missing?

There was plenty to be upset about with Rime’s posting without manufacturing complaints, so I’m genuinely puzzled here.

I have no idea what that show was about and don’t want to because it sounds bad. So I am only able to go on Rime’s own written body of work to determine whether he might be a terrible person in any given way.

It turns out he is awful, and honestly the bizarre words he wrote in his own defense only make the case against him stronger. Can someone hypothetically be “pedojacketed”? Sure. Was Rime? Personally I do not think so.

verdict:chud

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

chud turtle

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
lol if you watch any anime besides samurai pizza cats

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM
10 years later

Pizzajacketing, the forums, and you
I am making this thread here because

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

that’s actually pretty helpful, thanks both

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

TehSaurus posted:

I’m going to regret making this post, and this is the wrong place for it, but gently caress it I’m going to be vulnerable for a minute because I must be missing something. I feel like the pedojacketing thing is a legitimate complaint. The only claims I could find about the referenced show being pedo or pedo adjacent were the posters on this forum, despite what appeared to be broad circulation. What am I missing?

There was plenty to be upset about with Rime’s posting without manufacturing complaints, so I’m genuinely puzzled here.

Made in Abyss? Yeah I have no idea how tf it got distributed here, the first arc is full of tons of blood and gore. I think there's some serious heavy editing done.

The only and last time I heard of Made in Abyss is when I saw a YouTube of an story arc in the later season from Japan where the party get trapped in a place where they cannot leave until the gate opens for few(?) months, but they had befriended a monster girl, who looks just like a 7 years old girl with purple skin, claws, and some fur patches. Someone remembered that monsters has a extremely fast reproduction cycle, so they forcefully bred her and had her pop out a monster baby every day so they could keep themselves fed. Ofc it didn't take long before the little monster girl get a total mental breakdown. I have no loving idea what was the context around that or the impact on the story or anything else like that because nope I'm not going to bother learning more.

And no gently caress you, I'm not going to link that youtube

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

TehSaurus posted:

its full of scenes of naked children being sexually abused and talking about their genitalia op and also pee fetish poo poo

I havent watched it but thats what 2 minutes of googling tells me. The general sentiment among people who like it is "yeah, it's incredible, but shame the author is a pedophile!"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

its full of scenes of naked children being sexually abused and talking about their genitalia op and also pee fetish poo poo

I havent watched it but thats what 2 minutes of googling tells me. The general sentiment among people who like it is "yeah, it's incredible, but shame the author is a pedophile!"

I watched the anime until it got to hosed up stuff, I knew nothing about it going in, and yeah, a lot of it's really good. It's just also an obvious trojan horse for the creators fetishes.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:kstare:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it's time to delete anime

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
oh so just because I live underground and eat people I'm suddenly a chud

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
horseshoe theory ive heard of

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Always had the feeling Rime was going to self-immolate

Just, I expected it to be in front of the Supreme Court

speng31b
May 8, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

oh so just because I live underground and eat people I'm suddenly a chud

maybe not

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
If those posters were calling mods pedos they would have been swiftly punished lol

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Technically, wouldn't a chud only eat other chuds due to being cannibalistic?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weembles posted:

Technically, wouldn't a chud only eat other chuds due to being cannibalistic?

tgats not how chuds work

hotep botnet
Jul 10, 2023

by vyelkin
a lotta yall still dont get it

chud holders can use multiple slur juices on a single chud

so if you have 1 astro chud and 3 slur juices you can create 3 new chuds

Tonight's slur juice mint event is essentially a minting event for both Lab Chuds and Special Forces

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

hotep botnet posted:

a lotta yall still dont get it

chud holders can use multiple slur juices on a single chud

so if you have 1 astro chud and 3 slur juices you can create 3 new chuds

Tonight's slur juice mint event is essentially a minting event for both Lab Chuds and Special Forces

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Thanks specifically for this post. I’m sure it cost you a fair bit of emotional energy to supply those details.

Yeah I don’t need to be linked to that. That is obviously all very hosed up. I’m puzzled as to how it has such broad circulation, but I think I’m happy to just chalk it up to :capitalism: and call it a day.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

TehSaurus posted:

As someone who watched some of it when it was on Toonami, it's very much full of pedo kinks. At first you could kinda dismiss it as gritty realism, but after the fifteenth piss reference, you should be dissuaded of that good faith assumption. Or you can be like Rime and think that poo poo rules.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Sure I live in a basement, but I only ate human flesh as part of holy communion, it hardly counts.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Thanks for these as well. That is detestable.

This has really been helpful to me, and I’m surprised that I don’t yet regret making this post, even though I’ve seen posters reply who I expected to roast me for it. You’re alright, cspam.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 97 days!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

TehSaurus posted:

Thanks for these as well. That is detestable.

This has really been helpful to me, and I’m surprised that I don’t yet regret making this post, even though I’ve seen posters reply who I expected to roast me for it. You’re alright, cspam.

you're stupid as gently caress

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Punished Turtle posted:

Chudjacketing, the Forums, and You.

I am making this thread here because QCS & SAD are largely ignored and deluged by a terminally online group of weirdos, making it worthless, and this concerns everyone who has been posting here long enough to have skeletons in their closet. I don't particularly give a drat about the Streisand effect it causes, since for the past year I no longer post on SomethingAwful and after this 24 hours that has proven to be a wise choice.

This is an alarm bell.

We live in a particularly troubling era for many reasons, and have seen 2023 become a flashpoint where liberal weirdos are actively stabbing university professors for teaching media literacy and where the rallying call for progressive wing headcase fascists to justify IRL violence against their ideological enemies has become "chud". For a forum which has become a haven for Cornell West supporting individuals over the past decade, it is insane to see this tactic being openly facilitated here by the moderation team.

This tactic, chudjacketing, is deplorable. It is one of the lowest and most vile things you can do to someone out of spite: graphically accusing them of potentially the most heinous crime in our society in order to attack them from a vector which instantly generates revulsion and which most people won't try and defend, regardless of the context. In any venue other than an anonymous internet forum, doing this is a crime, where the victim could press charges, and rightfully so. In almost any other online venue not currently being run by Bernie bros, this kind of dialogue would see the posters responsible swiftly banned.

A year ago, I emailed the admin team directly to have two specific posts removed due to the extreme and graphic nature of the accusations within it. I included concerns that I was being actively doxxed on a CSPAM-related discord server, that certain posters had displayed an increasingly unhealthy fixation on my lived existence, and that I was resultantly concerned for my safety:

The admins refused to remove the posts in question, bluntly said this was acceptable discourse on SomethingAwful, and a few days later elevated the poster responsible to a moderator. As a result I did not post on the forums for almost a year, believing it would eventually blow over.

It did not, and in the meantime Kiwifarms shut down - removing the primary gathering place for goons still high on helldumping and getting off on mentally torturing folks online. I posted for the first time in quite a while last night and woke up this afternoon to a series of chain probations on my account for a rather benign lengthy effortpost discussing the current state of wind energy, which was only written up at all because someone requested it.

The first probation used, for its reasoning, an image of two posts I made in 2017 regarding a show currently broadcast on MSNBC and which I had forgotten even existed having not watched news in years - but which have been the basis of this ongoing attempt to paint me as a chud. To be clear, this is what Somethingawful admins consider "good enough" evidence to be graphically labelled as a conservative:

But it did not stop there, I was directly PM'd with such accusations by deranged goons:

I PM'd these directly to an Admin, as PM harassment is supposedly bannable, and received no reply.

Moving on we can see a slew of posts such as the following over the past twelve hours, from various CSPAM threads and SAD:

To Summarize:
These forums killed helldump for a reason. We ran off anyone associated with Kiwifarms for a reason. At one point we accepted that allowing poster cabals to repeatedly abuse forum members based on posts made years if not approaching decades ago, on a forum which was once notorious as a total cesspool and one of the worst places on the internet, was not a great thing to facilitate.

There is zero reason, in 2023, in the current IRL political climate, to be allowing posters to baselessly accuse other posters of chuddery , especially based on two posts made half a decade ago for, again, Michael Tracey. There is zero reason for mods to be engaging in this, making bad-faith probations, and not have their stars stripped, it is a disgusting abuse of power. There is zero reason for anyone to be able to throw around the word "chud" without evidence and not eat an instant ban for it.

These forums need to have a reckoning with what a small cabal of lovely and increasingly unhinged posters are doing here. This isn't going to stop, everyone here who isn't a re-reg has skeletons floating around waiting to be dug up. I don't particularly like to think about how I seemingly live rent free in the heads of some very obviously mentally ill individuals, a number of whom have displayed such a pathological fixation on me being alive that they have repeatedly posted about me during my year-long absence - especially given how the subforum responsible has generated several ideologically motivated shooters in recent years.

We have no shortage of posters here who are right now, today, at risk of physical harm in real life due to this exact rhetoric being broadly disseminated by democrats and right wing extremists to justify violence. It is alarming that the administrators here continue to turn a blind eye to this behavior. It is morally reprehensible, legally questionable, and involves a topic which has historically driven a staggering number of individuals to suicide or seen them murdered.

What the gently caress is wrong with you people?

The original quoted me and you didn't 0/10

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

rodbeard posted:

The original quoted me and you didn't 0/10

sorry figuring out nesting quotes and all that nonsense is hard, and quite frankly, chud behavior.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

You're going on my list

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
As a chud I take umbrage at the suggestion Rime is or could ever become a chud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

you're stupid as gently caress

I think you would benefit from cultivating a deeper sense of compassion. Hard times are coming, friend!