Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
In remembrance of 1971 classic Willy Wonka, arguably the best movie of all time, Timothee Chalamet will be pissing on Gene Wilder's Grave. They made a whole movie about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8fGvJHarb8&t=3s

In competition with the 2005 movie starring Johnny Depp, this movie aims to miscast the lead role even worse, and create an overall more depressing movie-going experience. When asked why in God's name he would play Willy Wonka, Timmy Chalomet said "I just want to piss all over his grave; really soak it to a saturation point. As a young actor I have no appreciation for prior films, and the extent of my defecations knows no bounds. See me in the next Dune movie where I poo poo in the desert for two and a half hours."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I hope Gene Wilder screams in anguish from the afterlife

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
When asked what the new movie will do differently, director Paul King responded, "We're making the film focus on parts of Willy Wonka's life that are really boring. The Chocolate Factory stuff is like 20 minutes and it's all CGI. The chocolate river looks like actual poo poo, and the Tunnel of Terror is now a long ad-billboard with a Blade Runner-esque capitalist dystopia aesthetic that really drains the soul. The Oompa Loompas all have CGI faces that recall the disastrous Cats film, which is what we were going for. We will not stop until any joy in filmgoers' lives has been crushed into a proverbial powder of desecrated memories."

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

if the movie stinks... just don't go

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

bitterandtwisted posted:

if the movie stinks... just don't go

It's not enough that a movie I dislike should flop. Everyone involved in its production needs to suffer for the crime of making a movie I do not want to see.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They made this movie specifically to reach Gene Wilder in the afterlife and torture his soul. A noble goal, if it takes releasing this movie to do it then so be it.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Further evidence of the decline of western media. Thankfully, anime is, as always, good

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Hugh Grant as a Oompa Loompa is inspired casting but I feel the scale is wrong

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Where does Johnny Depp fit into this?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

First Russia invades the sovereign nation of Ukraine… and now this?!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Finally an origin story for dick wonka, i hope this serves as a great and successful start of the william wonka cinematic universe

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Pontificating rear end posted:

In remembrance of 1971 classic Willy Wonka, arguably the best movie of all time, Timothee Chalamet will be pissing on Gene Wilder's Grave. They made a whole movie about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8fGvJHarb8&t=3s

In competition with the 2005 movie starring Johnny Depp, this movie aims to miscast the lead role even worse, and create an overall more depressing movie-going experience. When asked why in God's name he would play Willy Wonka, Timmy Chalomet said "I just want to piss all over his grave; really soak it to a saturation point. As a young actor I have no appreciation for prior films, and the extent of my defecations knows no bounds. See me in the next Dune movie where I poo poo in the desert for two and a half hours."
The oompla loompa showed us his butt :xd:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

He is the Kistwasthedaratz!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

How does this slot into the extended universe?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He gives water to the dead!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Colonel Cancer posted:

Finally an origin story for dick wonka, i hope this serves as a great and successful start of the william wonka cinematic universe

POST-CREDIT SCENE:

WILLY WONKA walks into the boardroom of WONKA,INC. He is exhausted after the events of the film, but eager to begin work on building his candy empire.

Suddenly, he realizes that a man in military uniform is sitting there.

WONKA: Excuse me, but just who the devil do you think you are?

MAN: Mr. Wonka, I'd like to extend an offer to you. You see, we're forming a sort of... team. And we think your particular set of skills could be extremely... useful... to our objectives. I was given your information from a mutual associate of ours, a certain Count that helped secure your chocolate supply lines.

WONKA: What's your name, soldier?

CAP'N CRUNCH: It's Cap'n, actually. Cap'n Crunch. And I believe that you and I can make it happen.

THE END

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Me, a Hollywood director, looking at the art of movie making and the history of cinema:

"Oops, missed a spot"

I put my hand deep into my rear end and pull out a turd and smear it on the last remaining spots of originality, artistry, dignity, craft, etc...

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
The Gene Wilder film failed to adapt the first 100 chapters of the original source material, which left some glaring plot holes in the film. Did you ever wonder how the Bucket's could have such a huge bed when they were ostensibly poor? Or how Slugworth was able to stop time?

This movie will cover the first 3 chapters which feature Wonka's origin story and show how he tamed the legendary Gertrude Hawk. It should end just as he receives his cane sword, Morsel.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Wally Wanker's Chocolate Fucktory

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Butternubs posted:

It's not enough that a movie I dislike should flop. Everyone involved in its production needs to suffer for the crime of making a movie I do not want to see.

Ah yes, the Rollerball experience

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Hugh Grant's gonna be the oompa loompa lmao

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hmm you seem pretty mad about this op

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Brutakas posted:

The Gene Wilder film failed to adapt the first 100 chapters of the original source material, which left some glaring plot holes in the film. Did you ever wonder how the Bucket's could have such a huge bed when they were ostensibly poor? Or how Slugworth was able to stop time?

This movie will cover the first 3 chapters which feature Wonka's origin story and show how he tamed the legendary Gertrude Hawk. It should end just as he receives his cane sword, Morsel.

Wonka can run a massive candy empire, but can he survive… high school???

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They should do a Willy Wonka prequel and have it focus on Willy Wonka enslaving the Oompla Loompa's and making the sing and dance for his entertainment.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This Fall on The CW....

Wonka: Senior Year

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

*tearfully, signing the studio contract*

i'm gonna piss on gene wilder's grave with this role

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I hope Gene Wilder screams in anguish from the afterlife

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the johnny depp version was good

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

*squinting, trying not to laugh*

oh for sure

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i don't care. i'm not ashamed

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yikes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Relatedly, I am sooooo over the Tim Burton - Johnny Depp - Helena Bonham Carter oeuvre.

I mean, I still dig big tiddie Goth girls, but not like that.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Concentration camps

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They should do a Willy Wonka prequel and have it focus on Willy Wonka enslaving the Oompla Loompa's and making the sing and dance for his entertainment.

I think that's this new movie, yeah. From the trailer, it's all about how he defeated the chocolate cartels and became the biggest name in the chocolate business.

It's trying to say that it was all because of "his whimsy", and his "magical ideas", but we all know he could do that because he saved so much money on employee wages.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

There’s a sequel to the book, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, that’s never been adapted to TV or film. That would make a great new movie with the same characters everyone grew up with, but why do that when ~*nostalgiaaaa*~ so Hollywood can fart out yet another adaptation of the first book/Wilder movie?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

cant wait for the scene where the oompa loompas get busted cruising for orange tang

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

What in the hell? Why does Hugh Grant have his face plastered over a CGI model? This looks so fake.