Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

its all nice on rice posted:

One of the hosts from great British bake off is in this?

It's amazing to me that Matt Lucas still has a career after inflicting not just Little Britain but Pompidou on the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6BzBntT_w8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uL01HUH8Tk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Jelly posted:

Honestly I doubt it can be worse than the Johnny Depp version as that is the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life.

yeh exactly, a traditionally handsome man with a chiseled jaw has already ruined movie Willy Wonka, like 20 years ago. Wilder's grave has long been pissed on, it's like the piss jesus by now. He's just floating in it.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
what if Gene Wilder's corpse is into that? you ever consider THAT, OP? don't kinkshame

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I think that's this new movie, yeah. From the trailer, it's all about how he defeated the chocolate cartels and became the biggest name in the chocolate business.

It's trying to say that it was all because of "his whimsy", and his "magical ideas", but we all know he could do that because he saved so much money on employee wages.

They already showed an Oompa Loompa trapped in a glass jar. How'd he get in there, William, huh!?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
If only a young Richard Pryor was around to comment on this Gene Wilder desecration

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
The only living actor I would trust to play willy wonka is none other than Chevy Chase

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It's amazing to me that Matt Lucas still has a career after inflicting not just Little Britain but Pompidou on the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6BzBntT_w8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uL01HUH8Tk

Holy poo poo. There are no other words. Just... Holy poo poo.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Pontificating rear end posted:

In remembrance of 1971 classic Willy Wonka, arguably the best movie of all time,

Are you for real with this OP?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You Are A Elf posted:

What in the hell? Why does Hugh Grant have his face plastered over a CGI model? This looks so fake.

Putting him in a fat suit in front of a green screen would have been too expensive, more expensive than just some shittyass CGI and then slapping his head on top

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

ngl I'm getting hyped for wonka

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wonka Do...

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This Chalomet guy is just new Keanu, relax

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

no, the new Tim Burton, that’s why he’s Timothy and not Keanothy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'd watch Timmy Mnemonic / Chalamancer imo

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
actors i would like to see playing willy wonka in a movie

sidney poitier
brian dennehey
avery brooks
jeff goldblum
danny devito
christopher walken
sean connery
the 'got a light' guy from twin peaks

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

free hubcaps posted:

cant wait for the scene where the oompa loompas get busted cruising for orange tang

Kind of reminds me of :kstarehair:

edit: that weird Farnsworth version

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The Depp version wasn't as good as the original, but it was Okay. IMO, there's only two ways to make a Wonka movie in modern times: either you change all of the specifics of what he actually does so it still comes off as joyful and whimsical, or you lean into the fact that a lot of it is pretty hosed up.

It's a guy obsessed with his own childhood and what he loved as a kid searching for "the perfect child" who fits his exacting standards and punishing those who are being children wrong (watch television too much, etc.) It's not the 70s anymore. People over-analyze this stuff now. You can't just go candy-themed-body-horror on some preteens without people asking questions.

This movie is clearly going the other way and adjusting things for the modern audience, so I predict he is will only torture and transform those rival rich people.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
i want a willem dafoe wonka directed by robert eggers. "the chocolatier"

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I never got the moral of the movie. So the poor kid is good because he is... poor. Thats it.

Anyways, not gonna watch this one, however I will be glad that instead of Michael Jackson, another creep backed by entertainment industry played Wonka in the previous movie

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Matt Lucas was an awful British tv actor before he started being an awful bake off host

This made me laugh more than it should, but I love Noel Fielding way too much so I'll always watch it.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

panorama_change posted:

This made me laugh more than it should, but I love Noel Fielding way too much so I'll always watch it.

Noel and Sandy was peak for me, I hope Matt’s replacement is better

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol I just realized

they legit just took job from an actor with dwarfism for no reason when it's basically the perfect role for them to get, wow nice one

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

this is so offensive.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

laserghost posted:

I never got the moral of the movie. So the poor kid is good because he is... poor. Thats it.

Doesn't have any super powers either, its bullshit

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Humanizing Willy Wonka with the "this is for you, mom" line is insane

The audience is supposed to connect with Charlie Bucket, not the egomaniacal wizard of candy and fake death

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

The movie is not for the Charlies out there, but Willie Wonkas working thanklessly in their miraculous factories

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.

R.L. Stine posted:

i want a willem dafoe wonka directed by robert eggers. "the chocolatier"

Why'd ye spill yer jelly beans?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Pontificating rear end posted:

In remembrance of 1971 classic Willy Wonka, arguably the best movie of all time, Timothee Chalamet will be pissing on Gene Wilder's Grave. They made a whole movie about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8fGvJHarb8&t=3s

In competition with the 2005 movie starring Johnny Depp, this movie aims to miscast the lead role even worse, and create an overall more depressing movie-going experience. When asked why in God's name he would play Willy Wonka, Timmy Chalomet said "I just want to piss all over his grave; really soak it to a saturation point. As a young actor I have no appreciation for prior films, and the extent of my defecations knows no bounds. See me in the next Dune movie where I poo poo in the desert for two and a half hours."

so jealous of chalamet lamo COPIUM

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
This director brought us Paddington, so I think we should all reserve judgment until viewing it on opening night.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

its all nice on rice posted:

This director brought us Paddington, so I think we should all reserve judgment until viewing it on opening night.

From the Director of Fury Road and the Ukraine resistance, it's Paddington 3

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/804Vtbi.mp4

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So whimsical!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

lmao what is this audio from

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Agamemnon Counterpart

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Noel and Sandy was peak for me, I hope Matt’s replacement is better

Absolutely, I'm just happy I get to see Noel doing this even if it's currently dragged down by the white british Grimace knock off. Noel has amazing artwork he posts on his Instagram. He did a painting of Columbo called, "one more thing."

https://imgur.com/a/F92cEqx

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If I were Chalamet's agent, I would recommend a raunchy 80's style R rated comedy for his next film.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hes a modern day Tom Hanks at best.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wee posted:

Hes a modern day Tom Hanks at best.

He wishes he was Hanks level.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy