Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Where does Johnny Depp fit into this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

He is the Kistwasthedaratz!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This Fall on The CW....

Wonka: Senior Year

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Relatedly, I am sooooo over the Tim Burton - Johnny Depp - Helena Bonham Carter oeuvre.

I mean, I still dig big tiddie Goth girls, but not like that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

“In the version first published, [the Oompa-Loompas were] a tribe of 3,000 amiable black pygmies who have been imported by Mr. Willy Wonka from ‘the very deepest and darkest part of the African jungle where no white man had been before.’ Mr. Wonka keeps them in the factory, where they have replaced the sacked white workers. Wonka’s little slaves are delighted with their new circumstances, and particularly with their diet of chocolate. Before they lived on green caterpillars, beetles, eucalyptus leaves, ‘and the bark of the bong-bong tree.'” [from Jeremy Treglown’s Roald Dahl: A Biography]

Thank God Maggie sorted that all out.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Prequel should be heart of darkness / Wonka crossover

Seeking the deepest, darkest chocolate down the river... The Doors play....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

Timothee Chalamet sounds like a name from the roster of Fighting Baseball for the SNES. You know the one.

SLEVE MCDICHAEL
ANATOLI SMORIN
MIKE TRUK
TIMOTHEE CHALAMET
WILLIE DUSTICE
REY MCSRIFF
BOBSON DUGNUTT

PEPPY GROUNDOUT

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Now imaging it as a sequel... Wonka as Colonel Kurtz clings to power. He has gone truly mad and has retreated into the bowels of his chocolate factory/candy jungle, protected by a tribe of wild oompa loopas who worship him as a god. He's begun to engage in increasingly violent and disturbing tactics against his competitors like Slugworth. Charlie Bucket slowly makes his way up the chocolate river on that psychedelic river boat and ultimately decapitates Wonka with some kind of candy machete.

*Rubs milk chocolate head....

The horror......

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

naem posted:

so, Jonny Depp was a lead actor movie star type known for taking quirky comedy roles in movies throughout his career already, who did a willy wonka movie late in his career, already established and successful, probably had a lot of fun doing it

partnering with Tim Burton: a visionary director with a record of great original visually creative movies he’d cast Depp in, so it made sense on several levels and produced an ok movie

Timotheyieë Chândlõmæy is apparently a vat grown genetically engineered by hollywood child actor raised to fame by decree of the lizard alien billionaire overlords who have been casting him in lots of stuff

he’s young, he’s early career, he has no comedic work that I am aware of, there is no Tim Burton guy with a creative vision behind this, and his main selling point is looking like a 14 year old girl with a mustache

ok?

"Tim Burton's Creative Vision" can be summarized by any goon. It's done.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

We just had a Flash movie come out starring a person who kidnapped some kids. Amie Hammer is a cannibal rapist and Hollywood kept trying to make him a thing for like half a decade.

Big Hollywood producers are desperate to create a new superstar actor and long ago decided the trick to doing this was attaching a white dude to some somewhat well-known IP and hoping for the best.

No one has proved Arnie Hammer has eaten people.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Actual Satan posted:

Roald Dahl wrote a story about neighbors who make a plan to rape each other's wives and it works. They rape each other's wives.

It was a different time...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bossy lady posted:

gonna go see this in theaters and just rip huge farts the whole 2 and a half hour runtime

Bring some beans!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Oompa Loompas should sign up with the Lolipop Guild IMO.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

People get really weird about Gene Wilder. Like yeah he was very funny and his life was tragic, but people talk about him like "There's Jesus Christ, the prophet Muhammad, Buddha, and Gene Wilder."

He's not Randolph Scott.

Thanks, but this is my shooting hand.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Brain Curry posted:

Willie Wanka

OYE! GUVNAH!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wonka Do...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

its all nice on rice posted:

This director brought us Paddington, so I think we should all reserve judgment until viewing it on opening night.

From the Director of Fury Road and the Ukraine resistance, it's Paddington 3

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So whimsical!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If I were Chalamet's agent, I would recommend a raunchy 80's style R rated comedy for his next film.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wee posted:

Hes a modern day Tom Hanks at best.

He wishes he was Hanks level.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chamalet in Jean Revoir's new black and white Euro flick "Stale bread lines"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

that's the kinda mathface the BGs spent tens of millennia breeding for buddy