Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Black Lemon
Agree that surveillance, pursuit, and search of our likely enemy agent sounds good.

Teal Devil
Obviously our journalist friends need to kindly explain to readers that Magenta Sand was responsible for Cyan Porridge's death. Or maybe Cyan Porridge took too much of the Devil's weed; I hear Reefer Madness is an excellent documentary on the subject and it would handily explain his outrageous views on our rights to national self-defense. Magenta Sand itself absolutely does warrant 10 newly interested applicants to get involved at just the right time to help with the press impact of the slander.*

* if it's unclear, this means disinfo on Teal Devil and infiltrate 10 agents on Magenta Sand

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Taking the chance while we have it to ensure that a dead man of questionable connections and ideas is not able to be raised up as a martyr, rightly or wrongly, without a healthy competing viewpoint on how he came to kill himself, is hardly going to implicate the Party more than the man dying inside the British embassy already does. We need to get on top of the news game and make sure our lies truths spread around the world before theirs get their shoes on.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Elite posted:

He was found dead in his hotel room. The British Embassy are just the ones relaying the news to us.

Fair enough, but why would the Embassy bother telling us about this gent's suicide specifically if the Party were not somehow either genuinely or forcibly embroiled in whatever lead to his death? Surely the Embassy has greater discretionary capacity than that of any trite memorialist when it comes to sending reports to our office about expatriates who've killed themselves in one stupid way or another. We can't be sure of exactly why this happened, and should this not be as straightforward as it looks any evidence of such may already be gone, but we can at least get ahead of whatever our enemies will have to say about the matter.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I'm surprised, I'd have thought that, should this unofficially have been a murder, whoever did kill Cyan Porridge would have already removed whatever he had that was valuable enough to kill for. Good foresight to call for ransacking his place. I'm much less surprised that his friend Scarlet Boy has popped up to cause trouble, goodness knows what he'd have come up with if the material we found was available to him. Could we perhaps consider ensuring the public knows of his indiscretions so that they don't encourage him to try to do our jobs for us and make us look bad? (SCARLET BOY DISINFO) Or we could push back on his narrative that the deceased would never have killed himself, if we're willing to bet that just because the Internet and cable news haven't come to pass that the ship's still in the harbor so to speak (or both!)

Black Slab seems unlikely to have anything of interest at this point. It's good to know of them per their connection to Scarlet Boy, but the only plausible motive I can think of to infiltrate them is as a means to further stifle Scarlet Boy from acting. Seems better to wait and see here.

Our Indigo Parrot comes bearing fruit aplenty, on the other hand. The presence of the nuclear station document detailing weaknesses is no trifle, there is no reason a simple civilian should be attempting to make something like that and as such it makes no sense to let him walk free in spite of whether we learn everything else from the pursuit report or not. Even if he has nothing else to tell us besides who he's been meeting and we do not have to remove him from the general populace in order to thwart the terrorist plot he's been assisting, there's no telling who else he might work with instead once the heat dies down, or where else he might go. Furthermore, there is all the chance in the world he may have been shopping his wares around to multiple parties at times prior to his catching our eye, and we won't get our shot at that type of information without chatting him up anyway. INTERROGATE INDIGO PARROT