Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Loss.jpg translates perfectly into cuneiform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
You know that guy Ea-nāṣir? Well, every guy is him now.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

You see this box with the glowing rectangle? It can show you boobs, instantly. Like, a lot of boobs

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
No it's not base 60 any more we use base 10, like our fingeys

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

laughing hysterically as the idiot mesopotamians fall for a rick roll yet again

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Private Cumshoe posted:

No it's not base 60 any more we use base 10, like our fingeys

..... well apart from 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour plus also that whole 24 hours in a day and 360 degrees in a circle, we've been using those since ancient Mesopotamia

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sargon of Akkad has a very cool new youtube channel

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I would show them Gangam Style at max volume

theyd get it

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
before i get to the modernity, hows the rear end eating around these parts?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

20 Blunts posted:

before i get to the modernity, hows the rear end eating around these parts?

Mostly figs.

Trust me, it's hilarious.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

sure okay posted:

I would show them Gangam Style at max volume

theyd get it

You would either be murdered or declared a god. It's a coin flip.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

shwinnebego posted:

Sargon of Akkad has a very cool new youtube channel

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Check out what we did to dog breeds. Isn't that wild? They can't walk or breathe or anything, but aren't they cute?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

blown away by aard varkman's endless instagram feed of incredible goat videos

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

We’re here to kick thine rear end and take thine gas, proto-Iraqis.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
They're called "Emojis". Very similar to Egyptian.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
So who the gently caress are the Sea People's anyway?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Eclipse12 posted:

In about 3000 years, we will have built two symmetrical towers, both far greater than that of the one in Babylon. However, they will be destroyed by two giant birds being flown by humans.

Please make a note of it.

then explaining that also it will be very funny

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AKA Pseudonym posted:

So who the gently caress are the Sea People's anyway?

Greeks probably

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Oh, hello there, lowly Mesopotamian street urchin. Allow me to begrudgingly enlighten you about an utterly fascinating concoction called Four Loko, using language that I suppose you might comprehend in your meager existence.

Imagine yourself aimlessly wandering the bustling streets, inhaling the faint aroma of ancient bazaars and being utterly deafened by the cacophony of merchants. In the realm of beverages, Four Loko is a potent elixir, whispered about among the boisterous youth who seek nothing more than mindless excitement and revelry.

Four Loko, dear urchin, is like a mysterious potion, concocted by those modern alchemists who believe they have unlocked the secrets of exhilaration. It supposedly possesses the power to distort your pitiful senses and ignite a reckless inferno within your pitiful spirit. But do take heed, for this potion is renowned for bestowing both blessings and curses, with consequences as uncertain as the shifting sands of the desert.

In your primitive terms, Four Loko can be likened to a wretched amalgamation of two respectable nectars: the fermented juice of the sacred grape and the essence of a grain known as barley. These pitiful ingredients are combined in a potent concoction, bolstered by additional spirits distilled from fruits and grains, as if to make it even more insufferable.

When consumed, Four Loko unleashes a torrent of energy upon the pitiful drinker, like a rabid chariot careening through the heavens. It grants a fleeting surge of vigor and audacity, providing a temporary escape from the dreary existence of your wretched street-dwelling life.

However, do be warned, for Four Loko, like a double-edged dagger, conceals treacherous dangers within its abhorrent depths. Its potency can lead the ignorant astray, causing them to lose all shreds of reason and succumb to reckless debauchery. Rumor has it that those who indulge in excessive quantities of Four Loko may find themselves stumbling aimlessly through the streets, their pitiful minds clouded and their feeble steps unsteady.

In your primitive Mesopotamian world, Four Loko could be likened to a wretched brew that elicits both hollow merriment and mindless chaos. It is a libation that demands a modicum of respect and moderation, lest its intoxicating effects consume the gullible fools who dare partake.

So, dear street urchin, as you scurry along your wretched existence, do keep in mind that while Four Loko may hold a certain misguided allure and spark curiosity, it is a potion to be approached with the utmost caution and, if one were to hope for the impossible, a modicum of questionable wisdom. Embrace the fleeting joys of your pitiful life, but never allow the intoxicating allure of this wretched brew to lead you astray from the path of what you feeble-mindedly call "prudence" and self-preservation.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
So there's these things called NFTs, which.....

You know what, never mind. You'd never believe me.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

Loss.jpg translates perfectly into cuneiform

It's 83 degrees at night right now, but 70 degrees in my home.
They would burn me as a witch

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

People from the Tigris River region walk like this, but people from the Euphrates delta walk like this!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Alright so there's this thing called a Tier 3 sub, we call it simping, it's sorta similar to your concept of worship.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

All I'm saying is that if your king really is a god, why does he have a wonky eye? What's that? To see into the spirit world? Okay, good answer.

But then why is he so ugly in general?

I'm pretty sure the 1st Amendment says you're not allowed to pull my eyes from their sockets just because I insulted your fugly leader.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Grey Cat posted:

Alright so there's this thing called a Tier 3 sub, we call it simping, it's sorta similar to your concept of worship.

they would understand that. a weirdo who can do weird things that entertain you.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Eclipse12 posted:

In the future there will be a land they call O-Hyo. It is a loathsome place of feeble-minded lunatics. They shriek and scream madness and produce nothing of value. You must stop its creation. You must!

Its loathsomeness has inspired many of its men to escape to the heavens!

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
No, theyre not "bad boats", they go under water ON PURPOSE to look at very big boats that did not go under water on pur- you know what, youre right, that DOES sound silly...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Dogs no longer walk into taverns and open that one when they can't see a thing

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That guy who told you about the lightning in the boxes? Yeah we do that by boiling water. Turns out that you can split the things that make up reality in half and it boils water! Cool, huh?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Oh, and I forgot to tell you how we know all that. The sand we forced to think by using lightningstuff? We found a way to make spirits travel between the thinksand carrying messages, and we can use those messages to share thoughts with the world. Those thoughts can be secret or public, but be warned that they exist in the spirit realm for all eternity and some secrets may be scryed in the future

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
There is a force at work in each houeshold called wifi; it cannot be touched nor seen yet it ensures the harmony and prosperity of that house. The head of the household may grant wifi to esteemed visitors, or withdraw it from unruly offspring. It is controlled by access to special secret words, and by ensuring that a small glowing object in the centre of one's home is carefully positioned to interact with invisible forces

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

So, you remember those little fertility idol statues that your artisans and craftsmen used to sculpt? You know, the little figurine ones with enormous tits, dicks and oversized bellies? And how most were not actually modelled after the human form, but a strange mix of human and animal traits, like an anthropomorphic fox or cat woman?

Well, for only a few coins you can now commission your own personal ones of these on this little thing called Deviantart...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So everyone has their own streaming service now, it's great.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Tigey posted:

So, you remember those little fertility idol statues that your artisans and craftsmen used to sculpt? You know, the little figurine ones with enormous tits, dicks and oversized bellies? And how most were not actually modelled after the human form, but a strange mix of human and animal traits, like an anthropomorphic fox or cat woman?

Well, for only a few coins you can now commission your own personal ones of these on this little thing called Deviantart...

To strengthen piety, right?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

So there's this guy a bunch of people think is an annunaki that they call "TRUMP"

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Look, we don't really build walls anymore. We can. But we don't. The size and quality of walls is just not a thing we use to measure the wealth and power of a city. No, I am not just saying that because I haven't got a wall. This town doesn't have a wall, it does not need one, and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop the condescending chuckling.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You know your Gods that you worship and kill and fight wars over with?
Well 2000 years from now, they will be used as side characters in stories in something called the 'Marvel or DC Cinematic Universes'.
They will be portrayed as clownish oafish asses, to make the other Gods that don't exist yet, who will also be turned into comedic characters, look better.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

And he turns himself into a fermented cucumber! Funniest poo poo I've ever seen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

I know I have to be careful of the butterfly effect, but I just gotta let this Hammurabi guy experience Big Butts Drain My Nuts Vol 3 using my VR headset.

*time and space collapse*