Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

In on the first floor of an epic thread. My new Arias sound like $70 should have no business of sounding like. The age of Chinese IEMs is a truly blessed era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Dogen posted:

Yup you’re just looking for wired closed back over ear headphones. Senn 559 or 569 would be another choice in and around that range.

559 are open back

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i don't want to break your heart but I honestly think the kiwi ears cadenza are just as good at $35

Don’t worry bud, I am enjoying what I have and the price difference is basically a round of beers with the prices we have around here. Next stop will probably be some IEM planars so if you have an opinion on that I would appreciate it.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Feedbacker posted:

Thanks, that's helpful information. The HD560S has 120 ohm impedance, but I understand the sensitivity is pretty high, so I'm hoping the Dualsense would be up to the task. I really don't feel like loving with an amp and running cables across my living room. The 300R impedance is only 32 ohms and it's got pretty high sensitivity as well, so there definitely shouldn't be an issue driving those.

Hello friend, I tested my HD560S on my Dualsense a few moments ago. I tried GT7 first, and there is not enough of the car sound oomph that I would desire. I switched to Skyrim then and spent two hours just noodling around and listening to the amazing sound design that game has. From thundering timpani to drizzling rain, everything sounds amazing. And there is enough power coming from the controller to drive the cans. So it all depends what you want to play, but outside of a few special cases such as racing games of Ace Combat I don’t see any issues.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Just got an email Shenzhen Audio announcing Moondrop May, a new IEM that combines a dynamic driver with an annular planar driver for treble. At 65 bucks! I wonder how that will work out, especially as someone who is still in awe of how good Arias sound after I’ve owned them for months and used them daily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

spiderbot posted:

Hi thread, I'm looking to replace some Sennheiser HD300 headphones since the cable has worn through. Initially I was looking at around £50, but I'm wondering how much of a difference I would get if I upped it to £100-£150? I've had various different styles and brands in the <£50 bracket over the years (Sennheiser, AKG etc.) and I haven't noticed much difference tbh. In terms of what I am looking for:

Budget: Up to £150?
Source: Android phone
Intended use case: Listening to music in the office
Preferred features:
- Wired, 3.5mm
- Replaceable cable would be nice, as that's what I tend to kill first
- Comfortable for long periods of time
- Would prefer over ear but in ear is fine if it would get me more for the money
- Usual genres: metal, folk, country, classical.
- Performance tastes: I like being able to follow individual instruments through a piece, if that helps describe my preferences!

Thanks in advance

We are currently in the amazing IEM era so in ears definitely give more bang for the buck now. I have a pair of Moondrop Arias I got from Shenzhen Audio for 70 bucks and they’re super comfortable and great sounding. There are people in the thread who say there are even better options out there at the price point, so hopefully they can chime in.