Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I'm looking for wireless bone conduction headphones for gaming.

Use case: I recently purchased a Steam Deck and would like to minimize the sound to those around me while still being able to hear the world around me easily. I don't need a mic in the headphones for any purpose. I also want something that's not in ear so that those around me won't feel like I'm fully blocking them out.

Recent headphone experience: I'm currently using the Sennheiser Momentum 3 earbuds. I used Sony WF-1000-XM4, Sony WF-1000-XM3, and OG AirPods prior. I use these for listening to music and videos on my phone and laptop.

Budget: $100-$200 or a bit more is fine if needed, but don't need super high end or extra low latency for competitive gaming.

Other factors: I live in Japan so will likely buy from Amazon Japan or a local electronics store. This removes some options and adds others. I want to avoid Sony as I've had horrible battery life issues on both sets owned after about 14-16 months. XM4 got to the point they'd last about 30 minutes on a charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
XM3 had the same battery problem for me, but it took longer to kick in than the XM4. Only friend I know with the XM3 had the same issue. It's a shame too because the XM3 had the best ANC of any I've used.